PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 235/40R18 (fit perfect on OEM ZHP front wheels) Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires

wmuncaster
09-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Run for approximately 1000miles. Great tires. I recently acquired a daily driver so I no longer need all-season tires on the ZHP. Upgrading to Pilot Super Sports and need to unload the DWS's I have on the front.

The 235 width (1cm wider than stock) definitely helps counter the e46's tendency to understeer. The aspect ratio does not change enough to be significant and their steering response is excellent. They are comfortable and quiet and have tenacious grip considering they are all-season rated.

These tires are brand new and I had an alignment done at the same time they were mounted so there is zero feathering and extremely little wear (as they were used entirely on highway as my DD). I can tell you these things outperform any other all-season tyre on the market. I am a former BMW technician and have driven on A LOT of tyres and the DWS's are simply in a league of their own as far as all-season goes. They really shine in damp conditions. Haven't had a chance to try them in freezing weather yet (as they're brand new) but they seem like they'd do about as good as could be expected from a ZHP in snow/ice.

Asking $240 for the pair. Located in Charlottesville, VA - area code 22911.

Please email inquiries to wmuncaster@aero-is.com

Thanks for looking!

az3579
09-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I can vouch for this tire and the price, as I have this tire in 235/40R-18 size all around. These tires are truly amazing for what they are. The price is quite excellent as well if you're local! These go for $140-150 each new in this size, not counting shipping.

danewilson77
02-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Are these still available? Way old thread...but thought I would ask.