PDA

View Full Version : ASA AR1 Wheels

cparker
09-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm looking at black ASA AR1 wheels in 18" to replace my 20's. Does anyone here have them?

Tirerack.com is saying I should use a 18x8 with 40mm offset up front with 225/40-18 tires, and 18x9 out back with 45mm offset and 255/35-18 tires out back.

Is that a good combo? Would this work well with lowering springs? I can use lowering springs such as the H&R sport springs on my stock shocks/struts right?

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/asa/swap/asa_ar1_blk_ci3_l.jpg

danewilson77
09-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes...this will be fine.

Link doesn't work right.

cparker
09-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks.

Link fixed.

cparker
09-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I just realized there are two flavors of sport springs, a 1.4" front drop and a .75" front drop. Which would be preferable in a street only application?

danewilson77
09-08-2011, 02:02 PM
I just realized there are two flavors of sport springs, a 1.4" front drop and a .75" front drop. Which would be preferable in a street only application?

The 4" drop is preferred.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Audi 0000
09-08-2011, 03:45 PM
My brother has these wheels. They def looked good when he first got them. My brother does not clean his car as much as most people, its a nice car too. After 2 years the lips are almost as black as the centers. Not from dirt or dust but from the aluminum pitting so bad they have no shine or color at all. They look very bad. He actually just asked me a couple days ago to spray bomb them flat black. So word is to keep em clean and waxed at all times.

cparker
09-08-2011, 04:35 PM
My brother has these wheels. They def looked good when he first got them. My brother does not clean his car as much as most people, its a nice car too. After 2 years the lips are almost as black as the centers. Not from dirt or dust but from the aluminum pitting so bad they have no shine or color at all. They look very bad. He actually just asked me a couple days ago to spray bomb them flat black. So word is to keep em clean and waxed at all times.

Good advice. Any aluminum wheel that is not covered in a protective coating need consistent maintenance. I'm fortunate in that I live in an area where they do not use road salt.

cparker
09-08-2011, 04:36 PM
The 4" drop is preferred.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

I assume you meant 1.4"?

danewilson77
09-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I assume you meant 1.4"?

No. Just a lil sarcasm. I think you should go low...and retain ride height adjustability.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Audi 0000
09-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Good advice. Any aluminum wheel that is not covered in a protective coating need consistent maintenance. I'm fortunate in that I live in an area where they do not use road salt.

Oh they LOVE salt here. Its like driving on the beach in cold weather. All wheels need to be taken care of, these just seemed like they might need a little extra attention. I am sure they will look great. Once you get the 4" drop you guys where talking about- it will be sicky. Enjoy.

cparker
09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
No. Just a lil sarcasm. I think you should go low...and retain ride height adjustability.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

If you're suggesting coilovers, that's not really in my budget for this car. I'm looking to go to a significantly smaller wheel/tire package and don't want to give up the lack of wheel gap. The drop will be 50% cosmetic and 50% performance because I do not race or anything of the sort, I'm just a spirited driver. It looks like I'll go with the 1.4" drop, which I will assume will come out to probably only 1" drop anyways especially considering the ZHP comes with a slightly lower ride height than the standard 330ci anyways.

RVAzhp
09-08-2011, 08:18 PM
i've sparks don't fly you're too high.

or if you haven't wrecked an oil pan or front lip..

bullfrogs_M3
09-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Local member meecers has these wheels. Ryan can give you the low down