PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique (SD people)

Hermes
09-08-2011, 12:21 PM
So I was talking to this lady that owns a saddle shop who used to carry leatherique but doesn't have it anymore cause nobody knew she had it. Next closest store you can get it at is in LA. She said if I was to order a case I could get 10% off. Not sure about the exact details but just wanted to see if there was any interest in going in on it with me around town so I can look into it.

edlvrt
09-08-2011, 01:33 PM
What's the lowdown on Leatherique? I think I read on E46f.com that it can affect the coating that is on the leather and somehow degrade it. Any proof to support that, or is this the best stuff to use on our leather? Mine is starting to get firm and I would like to find some way to preserve it. Interested in all feedback.

danewilson77
09-08-2011, 02:06 PM
I have only ever heard good reviews on it. M0nk3y has a big DIY thread here and uses it fairly religiously.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

az3579
09-08-2011, 02:23 PM
If you buy a case (not sure how it's packaged), I'd be interested in picking some up from you... (and by picking up, I mean having shipped lol)

bimmeryota
09-09-2011, 06:38 AM
I've had great results with leatherique. I've treated my sedan's seats about 3 times and it comes out beautifully each time. A nice matte look that is super clean rather than the shine that was there before. I have noticed that some of the dye on my driver's seat is starting to fade but I don't think that's from the leatherique. I just got some used vaders for our e36 and I soaked them in leatherique for a week and it made a huge difference. My favorite part is the smell you get after they're done. I still need to do a full restoration on them since there are some cracks from many years of neglect but I'm happy with it. I also used it on the steering wheel and shifter and nicely cleaned the goo and stuff off the steering wheel.
Remember that you must get the prestine clean to go along with the rejuvenator, that's the only stuff you want to use to take off the dirt lifted by the rejuvenator so make sure you get a deal on that also. Prestine clean is awesome for just wiping down all surfaces in the car, no residue and smells nice...

johnrando
09-09-2011, 08:43 AM
I've had great results with leatherique. I've treated my sedan's seats about 3 times and it comes out beautifully each time. A nice matte look that is super clean rather than the shine that was there before. I have noticed that some of the dye on my driver's seat is starting to fade but I don't think that's from the leatherique. I just got some used vaders for our e36 and I soaked them in leatherique for a week and it made a huge difference. My favorite part is the smell you get after they're done. I still need to do a full restoration on them since there are some cracks from many years of neglect but I'm happy with it. I also used it on the steering wheel and shifter and nicely cleaned the goo and stuff off the steering wheel.
Remember that you must get the prestine clean to go along with the rejuvenator, that's the only stuff you want to use to take off the dirt lifted by the rejuvenator so make sure you get a deal on that also. Prestine clean is awesome for just wiping down all surfaces in the car, no residue and smells nice...

So which one would you use just for general quick touch-up/wipe down cleaning?

M0nk3y
09-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Pristine Clean would be the one you use for general up-keep.

balticvid
11-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Follow the instructions.

danewilson77
11-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Follow the instructions.

What?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Hermes
11-16-2011, 09:02 AM
I think he's referring to using pristine clean

balticvid
11-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Follow the instructions.

Sorry I didn't finish what i started.
The instructions seem backwards when you first read them.
First you apply the finished product, after that is done you apply the pristine clean.
The dirt comes to the surface then you wipe it off.
It comes out looking beautiful.

Hermes
11-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Sorry I didn't finish what i started.
The instructions seem backwards when you first read them.
First you apply the finished product, after that is done you apply the pristine clean.
The dirt comes to the surface then you wipe it off.
It comes out looking beautiful.

Thanks for the clarification Walt

actually I posted this thread originally as a feeler to see if there was interest in ordering a case. I assumed people already knew how to use Leatherique or would go to Kyle's write up on it. This thread was not meant as a set of instructions. I actually completely forgot about it until you posted here. The product can be bought from one of our affiliates for probably the same price or better so I don't think anything else is going to happen with regards to this original post.

danewilson77
11-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Thread closed at users request.