PDA

View Full Version : Multi quote issue

MrMaico
09-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Whenever I use the "multi quote" option in a thread for a second or third time it re-quotes posts from earlier multi quotes. IOW it always remembers the posts I quoted from before so that if I try to do a multi quote at a later date it will bring up all the quoted posts from before. Not a big deal in a smaller thread but if it's many pages long it's a hassle to try and go back and "unquote" previous posts. What I end up doing is having to cut out the earlier quotes from my new post.

Am I making any sense? LOL

I tried logging out and clearing my cookies but that didn't help. Is it something I'm doing wrong or what?

Thanks.......Barry

danewilson77
09-14-2011, 09:34 AM
MM....nnot sure why it does that, unless you haven't cleared your cache prior to multi-quoting 2nd, 3rd time.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Whenever I use the "multi quote" option in a thread for a second or third time it re-quotes posts from earlier multi quotes. IOW it always remembers the posts I quoted from before so that if I try to do a multi quote at a later date it will bring up all the quoted posts from before. Not a big deal in a smaller thread but if it's many pages long it's a hassle to try and go back and "unquote" previous posts. What I end up doing is having to cut out the earlier quotes from my new post.

I tried logging out and clearing my cookies but that didn't help. Is it something I'm doing wrong or what?

Thanks.......Barry

Multi-quote Message Madness

You crazy.

MM....nnot sure why it does that, unless you haven't cleared your cache prior to multi-quoting 2nd, 3rd time.

Not sure why it does that, MM. Testing mine right now.

First time. Works fine.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-14-2011, 09:40 AM

Thanks.......Barry

Multi-quote Message Madness

Just did a second multiquote -- but only chose first two posts.

Works fine.

Second try.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-14-2011, 09:42 AM
You crazy.

Thanks.......Barry

Third try. Quoting Dane's first.

Works fine.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Barry, what browser are you using?

Let's start there.

I am using Firefox, by the way. No issues.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-14-2011, 10:25 AM

Thanks.......Barry

Testing with IE. Works.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-14-2011, 10:27 AM

Thanks.......Barry

First time. Works fine.

Hitting multiquote again.

Works.

Barry, when you finally decide to reply, how are you initiating that? Do you hit the "reply with quote" button that's right next to the final multiquote button you choose? That's the way you should do it.

MrMaico
09-14-2011, 04:49 PM

First time. Works fine.

Just did a second multiquote -- but only chose first two posts.

Works fine.

Second try.

I am using Firefox also. Yup, I use the standard "reply with quote" for the last post. Gonna try it here and see what happens......

Barry

MrMaico
09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Ok, now even before I go to reply again all of the previous multiquoted posts are still checkmarked from my previous multi quote. Weird.

MrMaico
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM
But now after doing that single no quote post they are no longer checked for multi quote.

MrMaico
09-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Just as an example, in case I'm not being clear......earlier today I went to do a multi quote in the "What did you do for your ZHP?BMW today" thread and it was still multi quoting posts in that thread that I had MQ'd weeks ago.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-14-2011, 05:47 PM
I recommend checking your settings. You and I have the same permissions. It doesn't happen to me. We are using same browser. Clear your cache, too.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Just as an example, in case I'm not being clear......earlier today I went to do a multi quote in the "What did you do for your ZHP?BMW today" thread and it was still multi quoting posts in that thread that I had MQ'd weeks ago.

But now after doing that single no quote post they are no longer checked for multi quote.

I'm now using the iPad. Multi quote works fine here, too.

I certainly know you're having issues. Not disputing that. Just trying to eliminate things.

It doesn't make sense that your mq info is remembered for weeks.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Also, try this: use a different computer to test the MQ feature. See if it happens on that computer as well. If it doesn't, we know it's something in your browser.