PDA

View Full Version : Differences between BMW 330i ZHP & BMW 330ci ZHP

pyreguy
12-16-2010, 07:09 PM
See: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About the BMW E46 330 ZHP Performance Package Option (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1789-Frequently-Asked-Questions-%28FAQ%29-About-the-BMW-E46-330-ZHP-Performance-Package-Option)

Okay, I could go to some lesser forum and do a search on this, but I would rather hear from y'all....

What are all the differences between the ZHP Coupes and Sedans besides the extra doors?

I have been looking and I noticed a few, but the list has to be longer...

The Coupes have different headlights that incorporate a white signal housing that seems to be built in.

The Coupes have either reflectors or blinkers on the front bumper, I can't tell which. My Sedan doesn't have those.

The Coupes have different shaped repeaters it looks like.

The Coupes have uber cool armrests that incorporate the cubed trim.

What else am I missing??

bimmer848
12-16-2010, 07:17 PM
that pretty much covers it i think. since they made the coupe in 06, there probably are some different options available

az3579
12-16-2010, 07:20 PM
I think split-fold rear seats are standard on the coupe...

pyreguy
12-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah I believe mine don't fold down at all.

danewilson77
12-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Those are reflectors. You can even take it a step further by throwing vert into mix.

The coupe is heavier, longer, and has a lower center of gravity, due to different framing arrangement. Vert does not have visor lights (for obvious reasons). Lots of stuff different on vert...

pyreguy
12-16-2010, 07:50 PM
See, I would have never guessed the Coupe would be longer or heavier. That's interesting.

danewilson77
12-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Longer than a touring also. The coupe is the longest in the E46 family...

Mike V
12-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Anyone know if the grill inserts are the same size? A buddy is picking up an 05 Ci next week and he doesn't like the grill inserts. If they fit my sedan, I'll likely take them off his hands.

zhp43867
12-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Anyone know if the grill inserts are the same size? A buddy is picking up an 05 Ci next week and he doesn't like the grill inserts. If they fit my sedan, I'll likely take them off his hands.

You mean the kidney grills? They're different.

Well you see- the sedan is stiffer and lighter, more practical and implies being more grownup than owning a coupe. Clearly superior in every way. :shifty

kayger12
12-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Well you see- the sedan is stiffer and lighter, more practical and implies being more grownup than owning a coupe. Clearly superior in every way. :shifty

Lol- good stuff. I notice that whenever the coupe/sedan thing comes up (which it often does), it's always the sedan owners that are trying to justify/explain why theirs is the better platform. Seems like a little body style inferiority complex with you 4 door boys ;)

pyreguy
12-17-2010, 04:08 AM

If I'm not mistaken, you have to break the clips in the back of the grilles when you remove them so they aren't reusable.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-17-2010, 07:00 AM
I recently removed my chrome grills. Was not necessary to break clips. I was pretty careful, though. I can see how they would break.

danewilson77
12-17-2010, 07:38 AM
I recently removed my chrome grills. Was not necessary to break clips. I was pretty careful, though. I can see how they would break.

+1...they do become brittle on the higher mileage cars however...so breaking them (sometimes), is inevitable...

Marcus-SanDiego
12-17-2010, 07:41 AM
+1...they do become brittle on the higher mileage cars however...so breaking them (sometimes), is inevitable...

Yep. I can see that. Mine was 59,000 miles old. Not too bad.

Mike V
12-17-2010, 03:14 PM
You mean the kidney grills? They're different.

Yeah sorry, I meant kidney grills.

ccconant
12-17-2010, 03:53 PM
I believe the coupe is longer, lower, and ever so slightly wider than the sedan.

Yup, according to Edmunds, the coupe is 0.7" wider. It also claims the coupe to be 1.7" lower overall, but I'm not sure if any of those measurements are ZHP-specific (I doubt it).

Coupe armrests are superior, for sure!

Edit: Edmunds also claims gross weight to be 0.31 in, so who knows how accurate they are... anyone want to consult their owner's manual? Mine left with the E46 :(

danewilson77
12-17-2010, 03:58 PM
^coupe is not lower.

ccconant
12-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I stand corrected!

pyreguy
12-17-2010, 06:57 PM
I want some Coupe armrests in a bad way. I wanna get them for all 4 doors, but I have no idea where to even look for them.

danewilson77
12-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Get em at Tischer. You would have to do quite a bit of custom work.

pyreguy
12-17-2010, 08:06 PM
The door panels are different on the Coupe I take it. Figures.... not sure its worth it.

zhp43867
12-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Lol- good stuff. I notice that whenever the coupe/sedan thing comes up (which it often does), it's always the sedan owners that are trying to justify/explain why theirs is the better platform. Seems like a little body style inferiority complex with you 4 door boys ;)

I was just messing around, not trying to explain or justify anything. :cheers

Coupe vs Sedan would not be a make or break decision in buying a ZHP to me. If you want to get down to it, here's how I see it.

Coupe Pros:
- More sex appeal
- Comes with clear corners
- Adaptive Xenons

Sedan Pros:
- Can look more menacing than the coupe.
- Lower Insurance
- No failing door seals

We've had two E46 coupes and four E46 sedans so take this from my experience; totally FWIW.

kayger12
12-19-2010, 06:58 PM
I was just messing around, not trying to explain or justify anything. :cheers

Coupe vs Sedan would not be a make or break decision in buying a ZHP to me. If you want to get down to it, here's how I see it.

Coupe Pros:
- More sex appeal
- Comes with clear corners
- Adaptive Xenons

Sedan Pros:
- Can look more menacing than the coupe.
- Lower Insurance
- No failing door seals

We've had two E46 coupes and four E46 sedans so take this from my experience; totally FWIW.

With you, bro-- just messing as well. You hit it on the head-- I wasn't in the market for a coupe, I was in the market for a ZHP. If I found a 6MT clean w/ low miles that was a sedan, I'd have bought it. Just turned out that the coupe was the one I found first.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I was specifically looking for a coupe. Three weeks after buying it, my wife got pregnant. :facepalm

Now I wish it was a sedan!

kayger12
12-19-2010, 07:04 PM
I was specifically looking for a coupe. Three weeks after buying it, my wife got pregnant. :facepalm

Now I wish it was a sedan!

Lol-- no worries, Mark-- I've already gotten used to the seat back shuffle every time the kids are getting in and out.

I'd make them climb through the sunroof to have this car :biggrin

Marcus-SanDiego
12-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna make it work, Keith. I will make it work!