PDA

View Full Version : StealthOne

johnrando
09-18-2011, 05:35 PM
I finally got a real chance to exercise my StealthOne, which take the signals from your ValentineOne (V1) radar detector and displays them on either the BMW Radio, or in my case, the Nav. The V1 no longer lights up (except for initial startup).

The installation is pretty straightforward, and having the V1 hardwired basically removes much of the indication that you have a detector (no cord, no lights).

Instead of arrows, you get F, S, or R for front, side or rear. Everything else is basically the same. You can even mute an active alert from your steering wheel controls. You have to read the manual to get everything set the way you want, but it's not difficult at all.

I recommend the StealthOne for anyone who is thinking of it, but it's a good amount of money - so if you don't mind your detector lighting up, don't bother. I like gadgets, and I like the "stealth" mode of not having my detector light up. I got mine from a previous owner so the cost was less than new. The StealthOne website says they are not making them anymore (and are therefore selling the last ones) so I don't know where you'd go for support if it ever broke. If you like the V1, you'll like the StealthOne.

IMHO, the only thing better would be having the radar displayed in your rear view mirror but that is a much more costly system, and could potentially be viewed by other drivers.

ZSP-Mafia
09-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow! I've never even heard of this. Sounds like a great mod.

johnrando
09-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks, it actually is. The funny thing is it's a mod you don't actually see until you (a) start your car and the StealthOne symbol comes up on the Nav screen, or (b) the V1 goes off. Other than that, you don't know it there, it's all electronics. I should mention that it works with both my Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth and my Dice Ipod installed.

PKR
09-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Interesting ...
A couple of questions: 1) Cost, and 2) have you relocated your V1 to make it less visible ?

johnrando
09-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I forget exactly what I paid but it was around $150. (I'll get the exact price if it's dramatically different). They are $230 shipped brand new on the website. Valentine recommends that you don't "hide" the detector (for example, in the grill) so that both the front and rear sensors have clear line of sight, so I didn't. But, since you don't need to see the controls, you have flexibility. Mine is high on the windshield, to the right of the rear view mirror, aligned with the black plastic surrounding the mirror, so it's not totally obvious to someone coming on the drivers side.