PDA

View Full Version : Noob Questions: 002 of 100 - Upgrading suspension on a '06 330ci M-Tech ZHP (e46)

AProudSailor
09-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Noob Questions: 002 of 100 - Upgrading suspension on a '06 330ci M-Tech ZHP (e46)

:hi Sooo, I'm fairly new to ZHP Mafia, and mechanical performance mod's in general.

This question pertains to the stock suspension setup on my Sparkling Graphite Metallic '06 330ci M-Tech ZHP (e46).

Are there any upgrades out there that can produce a noticible improvement or provide a more aggressive appearance/stance over what seems like the perfect build right out of the ZHP factory door? :respect

My primary concerns are high-performance, cost and of course suitability for FAST highway driving..

I'll welcome any advice and experiences, good or bad, to help me make the right decision!

danewilson77
09-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Go with KW V1's / V2's, Bilstein PSS9's / PSS10's, Tein SS w/ pillow ball mounts.

Check prices and features...then choose your weapon.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

mimalmo
09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3689-ITT-ZHP-Mafioso-Learn-Everything-There-is-to-Know-About-Coilover-Suspension-Set-ups

AProudSailor
09-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Excellent thread on the different products out there!

Unfortunately, I think I was more captivated by the different colors then all the tech-speak, haha. Since I'm more driver than mechanic, I might just be better off taking the popular vote on everything and going that route. I'll stick close to spending $1500 per car component, unless I find something that justifies going a little overboard.