PDA

View Full Version : Orange County Racecraft (Top Gear's track @ El Toro)

Hermes
09-21-2011, 07:01 PM
I haven't been able to find 'just' the track, all I can find is a driving school at the track (http://driveocrc.com/joomla/). Anybody in OC know what the actual track's site is/how you can go without having to pay $375 for driving school?

LivesNearCostco
10-31-2011, 09:59 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Attended an AutoX school on one of the old El Toro runways and saw an SCCA autoX test and tune going on the next runway over. But not sure if OC Racecraft uses the runways or some other road around the park. Just looking at the satellite photo, I could see someone putting together a 2.2-mile road course using the runways and access roads, like they do for the UK Top Gear show? Maybe if you watch the right Top Gear episode, you'll be able to figure out the course.

Marcus-SanDiego
10-31-2011, 10:26 AM
^^ Welcome to the forum.

Hermes
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
^^ Welcome to the forum.

+1 - Welcome!

johnrando
10-31-2011, 12:04 PM
+1 - Welcome!

Welcome as well. Recognize the screen name from other forums.

danewilson77
10-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey...there he is!
Welcome!

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

LivesNearCostco
11-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey, everyone, thanks for the welcome!

Hermes
11-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Pretty sure I can say this for everybody but you are definitely welcome here... one request though - post a new member intro (since we haven't had one in a while).

Still wondering about my original post... Help...

LivesNearCostco
11-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Hermes, the PCA (Porsche club) is holding an AutoX Sunday on the runways at El Toro. Registration deadline appears to be 8pm tonight. You could sign up, or just show up to see where they run and somebody there probably knows what configuration/runways OC Racecraft uses. But didn't you say you're going to the CCA AutoX on Sunday?

Hermes
11-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Damn! Yeah, I was planning to go down here to Qualcomm but I'm not running anyways. I need to put the reinforcement plates in first before I get on any track because my right tower is mushrooming. I will have to pay attention to other clubs and see the next time there is some event there. Thanks for the heads up!