PDA

View Full Version : GOT I.T.? Feeler > Friend Needs a job > Amanda Buckley

danewilson77
09-22-2011, 02:30 PM
A friend of mine that works with me at the Library just graduated from Longwood University with a Computer Science Degree (3.6 GPA). She desires to work in the D.C area.

http://www.longwood.edu/

I told her that I would at least ask my people what they thought.

So...for any of you IT/Computer Science saavy Beast Coasters....lemme know what you think.

Thanks fella's for bearing with the odd request.

M3TA5IN
09-22-2011, 03:13 PM
A friend of mine that works with me at the Library just graduated from Longwood University with a Computer Science Degree (3.6 GPA). She desires to work in the D.C area.

http://www.longwood.edu/

I told her that I would at least ask my people what they thought.

So...for any of you IT/Computer Science saavy Beast Coasters....lemme know what you think.

Thanks fella's for bearing with the odd request.

Is she willing to do Baltimore? If so I can probably get her an interview.

danewilson77
09-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Most definetely. I am saying this without talking to her...as she already left for the evening.

Let me tell you that whoever hires her...is going to get a quality, young individual. Very nice person. I wouldn't put my name on this if I didn't believe in her.

I will forward her an email with this link.

Thanks Cody.

M3TA5IN
09-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Most definetely. I am saying this without talking to her...as she already left for the evening.

Let me tell you that whoever hires her...is going to get a quality, young individual. Very nice person. I wouldn't put my name on this if I didn't believe in her.

I will forward her an email with this link.

Thanks Cody.

Yea if I can't get her a job at my place I can def. Point her in many right directions.

Tell her to stop by or contact me, you have my info, just want to find out more specifics

danewilson77
09-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Yup...no worries. Will do Cody....and thanks again.

M3TA5IN
09-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Yup...no worries. Will do Cody....and thanks again.

No problem man, that's what the familia is for

bullfrogs_M3
09-23-2011, 09:59 AM
DW, what has she specialized in? I know quite a few people in IT in the DC area. However what we do is in analytics, business rules engines and process modeling/methodologies. But either way, i'll ask a few of these guys.

danewilson77
09-23-2011, 12:00 PM
OK....great. Thanks. Say...I think she is fresh out of college (just graduated).....so her experience is limited I'm sure, but not positive.

danewilson77
09-24-2011, 09:31 AM
DW, what has she specialized in? I know quite a few people in IT in the DC area. However what we do is in analytics, business rules engines and process modeling/methodologies. But either way, i'll ask a few of these guys.

Thanks again for asking around, and keep me in the loop Bully.

Is she willing to do Baltimore? If so I can probably get her an interview.

She is stoked at a shot be interviewing in Baltimore Cody. I have forwarded your email to her. Thanks again.

This is the email she sent me...

"You are SO awesome! Thank you so much! Yes, Baltimore would be absolutely amazing.

I can email Cody asap if you have his email address. Again, can't tell you how much this
means."

C Withers Media
09-24-2011, 09:42 AM
My wife is an IT recruiter for Robert Half on the Best Coast. (left coast) If she would consider a change of scenery, we are here for you.

danewilson77
09-24-2011, 09:58 AM
My wife is an IT recruiter for Robert Half on the Best Coast. (left coast) If she would consider a change of scenery, we are here for you.

Ok. Can your wife forward info to me VIA PM? I will throw the option her way. Maybe we can make this win-win.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

M3TA5IN
09-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks again for asking around, and keep me in the loop Bully.

She is stoked at a shot be interviewing in Baltimore Cody. I have forwarded your email to her. Thanks again.

This is the email she sent me...

"You are SO awesome! Thank you so much! Yes, Baltimore would be absolutely amazing.

I can email Cody asap if you have his email address. Again, can't tell you how much this
means."

Sweet, replied to your email. Tell her to email me though anytime and I can respond, if she calls, it will have to be Monday at the earliest.

danewilson77
09-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Sweet, replied to your email. Tell her to email me though anytime and I can respond, if she calls, it will have to be Monday at the earliest.

Copy. Thanks.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

kpro
09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Im not sure if she is still looking, but Rob's company is looking for an IT person. Its in Mantua, NJ (just outside of Philly) and he is working like 60+ hours a week because they need another person. They have been interviewing, just haven't found anyone that fits. I know its not a programming job, its more of a network engineer type of thing. I'm sure he can fill you in more if the location is of intrest.

danewilson77
09-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Im not sure if she is still looking, but Rob's company is looking for an IT person. Its in Mantua, NJ (just outside of Philly) and he is working like 60+ hours a week because they need another person. They have been interviewing, just haven't found anyone that fits. I know its not a programming job, its more of a network engineer type of thing. I'm sure he can fill you in more if the location is of intrest.

Amanda is still looking. I think she called Cody this week. Do not know the outcome of that call however. Thanks for the lead Kristen. I will let her know.

M3TA5IN
09-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Amanda is still looking. I think she called Cody this week. Do not know the outcome of that call however. Thanks for the lead Kristen. I will let her know.

She emailed me, I responded, haven't heard back from her since :dunno

echo46
09-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Dane: my wife is an IT recruiter in NYC. She's been in the business for 20 years. If she has any interest in working in NYC let me know if my wife can be of assistance. If so get me a resume at your convenience.

danewilson77
09-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Dane: my wife is an IT recruiter in NYC. She's been in the business for 20 years. If she has any interest in working in NYC let me know if my wife can be of assistance. If so get me a resume at your convenience.

Will do echo. I should see her tonight. Thanks

danewilson77
09-29-2011, 05:54 AM

Will inquire tonight.....Thanks Cody.

danewilson77
09-29-2011, 02:24 PM

Any updated status brutha?

Her eyes got as big as saucers when I said S.D. > In a good way. She is excited about S.D. (Left Coast). Please PM me "Alongfortherides" email. Thanks Casey.

She should be responding to your email as we speak.

Her eyes got as big as saucers when I said N.Y.C > In a good way. She is excited about N.Y.C (Beast Coast). Please PM me your wifes email. Thanks echo.

bullfrogs_M3
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
DW, i pinged a few of the recruiters i used when I worked in the DC area. Haven't heard back yet, but my buddy might be looking and I talk to him frequently. So i'll let you know and keep you updated. Send a resume/CV when you can.

danewilson77
09-30-2011, 05:49 PM
OK...Thanks J, I will let her know.

danewilson77
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Update. She will still be speaking with Tracy, and Echo's wife. I just spoke with her, and I guess she is rapidly pulling stuff together. I guess it took her by surprise to get the kind of support we have here.

I think she has been communicating with Cody as well.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

danewilson77
02-23-2012, 03:55 PM
UPDATE FROM AMANDA:

"Hello all,

As some of you might have noticed, I have not been around the library anymore; I recently
moved to Texas! I started a job with IBM in Houston and it is going incredibly well.
However, I recently realized that I forgot to send a good-bye email, which is unfair,
because the library has been the best support system I could have hoped for. You all have
been so wonderful - I miss it already!

Thank you so much for all of the well-wishes and support over the years; it was like
having a second family at work. Please take care, and I'll be back to visit very soon. If
you want to keep in touch, my email is now ambuckle@us.ibm.com (yes, buckle, isn't that
terrible?!).

Lots of Love from Texas,
Amanda

P.S. The Houston library system has over FORTY branches...I'm obviously going to have to
visit all of them, aren't I? : )"

So....I don't know if any of you help her land this job, regardless, I appreciate any of you that spent time with her, either in giving advice, or direction.