PDA

View Full Version : radio volume stuck

Scorpius
10-03-2011, 05:06 AM
ok not sure if this is shark injector related or not, but but about a week after putting in the shark injector my radio is now stuck on volume. i can't turn it down / up at either the unit nor at the wheel. i can however adjust the volume either way when i work the phone so that tells me both buttons work just fine.
any ideas on how to force a reset on the radio? I did remove the battery cables for just about 1 minute thinking that would work. while i wait your responses i'm gonna take it off for about 15 minutes and see what happens.
thanks

kayger12
10-03-2011, 05:43 AM
Hmm. Maybe pull the radio and unplug it to see if that resets it?

Our even try pulling the fuse.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

Scorpius
10-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Hmm. Maybe pull the radio and unplug it to see if that resets it?

Our even try pulling the fuse.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

got it! Seems you just drop the negative connection on the battery for about 15 minutes, come back and it's discharged the errant lil demon plaguing your system :-) YAAA i can adjust volume now! (actually it was stuck where i normally play it...lol almost full blast)

kayger12
10-03-2011, 06:08 AM
Good trouble shoot. Always happy when someone finds an easy fix.

zj96sc
10-03-2011, 06:24 AM
As a heads up, once you disconnect your battery, you can put the key in the ignition and turn it to start and hold it there for 10-15 seconds. This will help drain any residual voltage in the system quicker than without. I had always heard this but saw it work firsthand while monitoring k-bus voltage on my last ZHP. It would hold 2-3 volts with the battery disconnected, turning the key to start would quickly drain it to 0.0x.

Just a FYI