PDA

View Full Version : Rear license plate bulb intermittently working

nike001
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Alright guys, time for backstory: Last winter I showed my friends girlfriend my LED license plate lights and what the LED bulbs look like, so I popped off the cover and showed her.. low and behold, the cover broke. So thats why most of my pics from last winter were w/ only one LED plate light on. I was too lazy and cheap to order a $3 part from somewhere and be stuck with $13 shipping.

So It got all corroded in there (like a battery that blew up) and ever since then, my plate light doesn't work sometimes. Well last night after cleaning it up, I tried fiddling with it. Then just now it didn't come on again so I smacked the trunk and my OTHER plate light cover broke and fell off.

Is the part that holds and conducts the electricity for the plate lights replaceable? I think it might be #16 but I'm not sure..
http://realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/g/k/171.png

Thanks guys

danewilson77
10-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I think you have to buy that whole strip.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Whitexi
10-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Need the whole strip, its only sold as one piece. Its the whole new cover, base, trunk button and plate lights. It was a $75 part at my dealer and its primed ready for paint.

danewilson77
10-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Need the whole strip, its only sold as one piece. Its the whole new cover, base, trunk button and plate lights. It was a $75 part at my dealer and its primed ready for paint.

Yup....then Prolly another $50 to get it sprayed.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

nike001
10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Really?! wow.. looks like i'll be trying to make this work then.. :(

danewilson77
10-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Really?! wow.. looks like i'll be trying to make this work then.. :(

Amen.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Crestwood1001
10-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Give me a call ill come look at it, you work at the dealer dude get it cheap and have it sprayed!