PDA

View Full Version : Shops in Eugene OR

kellstr
10-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Hey Gang,

I live in North Carolina and I am looking at a car for sale in Eugene. The dealer is OCC, Inc. I'd like to have the local BMW Dealer inspect the car. But the salesman has said they do not allow their cars to be inspected by other dealerships due to "problems" they've had with the other dealers trying to sell their cars to potential OCC customers. They do have a list of mechanic shops they will deal with and allow their cars to go to for inspections. Does anyone know about the following shops:

Jacksons Auto care, Derek, 541 344 7366
Duncan Motors, Robert, 541 687 8503, 0r 541 525 7047
Brooks Auto Doctor, Bruce, 541 741 2308
Autobahn Imports, 541 688 2227
OCC, Inc, 541-954 0902

I'm a little leery about about not being able to take the car to a dealer for a ppi (although I know these tests aren't any guarantee on anything). If anyone has info they can share I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Kelly

jeff57ax
10-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Kelly:

Not that this will matter to anyone other than me, just my personal opinion.......but I would run, fast away from this guy. Anyone that doesn't understand that a potential buyer (a quality, serious, real buyer) would demand to have that car inspected by a neutral 3rd party, and pave the way for them to do just that isn't much interested in building client relationships or selling cars.

Why do they not want you to have the car inspected? I suspect that they may know what will come up in the inspection. Just me, but that is enough red flag to seek other car seller alternatives, plenty of cars out there to buy

kellstr
10-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey Jeff,

I feel the same way. It's a pretty car but without the additional assurance a dealer inspection would give me I'm probably going to give it a pass. I was just hoping someone would have additional info. Ah well.

Kelly

kayger12
10-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Kelly:

Not that this will matter to anyone other than me, just my personal opinion.......but I would run, fast away from this guy. Anyone that doesn't understand that a potential buyer (a quality, serious, real buyer) would demand to have that car inspected by a neutral 3rd party, and pave the way for them to do just that isn't much interested in building client relationships or selling cars.

Why do they not want you to have the car inspected? I suspect that they may know what will come up in the inspection. Just me, but that is enough red flag to seek other car seller alternatives, plenty of cars out there to buy

This. Big time.

Droid X. Forum Runner. Use it.

Marcus-SanDiego
10-09-2011, 06:49 AM
No question. If someone will not let you do a PPI, that's a red flag. Before plunking down $15K-$20K, I'd like to know that I am not buying a POS.

Cadeez
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
I agree with everyone here, turn, run, don't look back. And the part where he says he's had problems with dealerships trying to sell their own cars to customers coming in for PPI's is absurd...could he not think of a more realistic excuse? That list of (chop) shops he listed, none of which I'm familiar with except for Autobahn Imports, but I don't know much about them. Find one closer to home is my advice...