PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy jack and jack-stands in Bay Area.

ryrules1
10-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Just got a package from ECS tuning including brake fluid, transmission, and differential fluids. Now all I need is a new jack and jackstands? Anyone know where I can get a good jack from a store? I dont want a crappy craftsman or a kobalt (read horror stories online), a nice $200 jack would do the job. Let me know if you have any ideas, I cant find any good shops online and am new to the Bay Area, a little guidance would go a long way.

Thanks in advance.

imola red zhp
10-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Just got a package from ECS tuning including brake fluid, transmission, and differential fluids. Now all I need is a new jack and jackstands? Anyone know where I can get a good jack from a store? I dont want a crappy craftsman or a kobalt (read horror stories online), a nice $200 jack would do the job. Let me know if you have any ideas, I cant find any good shops online and am new to the Bay Area, a little guidance would go a long way.

Thanks in advance.

Napa Auto parts on Evans St. S.F. Auto Zone. What part of Bay Area are you in?

Johal E32
10-13-2011, 09:32 PM
get the jack from Costco. It was 90$. But it is by far one of the best jacks ever!! And it's SUPER low profile. (I bought mine from Richmond Costco)

For jack stands I went to Harbor Freight in Concord. They were $20. For the price they are good and were able to hold up the E32, but be careful when using ANY jack stand. The last thing you want is the vehicle falling on you...

ryrules1
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Always use both Jack and jackstands :). I don't have a Costco membership, so that sucks to hear haha. I live in pacific heights btw.

Johal E32
10-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Always use both Jack and jackstands :). I don't have a Costco membership, so that sucks to hear haha. I live in pacific heights btw.

Oh, I see. Ummm, maybe try a Harbor Freight Jack (I think the quality is good)? Or one at the local auto parts store?

imola red zhp
10-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Costco would've been good, try BAP Bay Area Auto part in Daly city, Or O'reileys, KRAGEN, Im sure ther are some branches in the Marina area near you.

TRy good ole Craigs too.

Rustyh
10-14-2011, 04:16 AM
Oh, I see. Ummm, maybe try a Harbor Freight Jack (I think the quality is good)? Or one at the local auto parts store?

:thumbup Harbor Freight sells good quality products and they have very good prices as well. And I'm sure they could just as easily ship overnight delivery as anyone. So if it's not an emergency that the maintenance HAS to be done today, then that's the route I'd go. I've never been disappointed with them.

I bought a Central Hydraulics from them. Seems like it was like $150 (?). More than capable for the job.

You can buy adequate jack stands almost anywhere.

Rusty

danewilson77
10-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Feel obligated to put this here...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1931-Please-take-a-moment-to-read-this-(regarding-Christian-Richard-Klorczyk)&highlight=christian

Be careful on jack stand selection. Pinned jackstands are safest.

ryrules1
10-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks for all the short notice suggestions. I ended up going to Dale City Tool Mart, its a small independent shop, pretty cool place actually. Anyways ended up getting a nice 2.5 ton jack and some USA 3 ton jackstands, for $230 bucks. I was happy, plus I changed my transmission fluid :). Didn't know royal purple was actually purple.

imola red zhp
10-22-2011, 12:11 PM
great find...