PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know how to run DICE on a BMW 330 ZHP Sedan where the rear seats dont fold down?

only1waqas
11-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Does anybody know how to run DICE on a ZHP Sedan where the rear seats dont fold down?

I am having a hard time running the wires.

Thanks,

mimalmo
11-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Disclaimer: I have fold-down rear seats

IIRC, I had to remove the rear bench seat, door sill guards and most of the trunk trim to get access. I would think that even with your different seat setup that once you remove those items you should be able to pass the cable through.

only1waqas
11-01-2010, 10:18 AM

IIRC, I had to remove the rear bench seat, door sill guards and most of the trunk trim to get access. I would think that even with your different seat setup that once you remove those items you should be able to pass the cable through.

Damn i didnt want to go that route...

How easy is it to remove the seat?

mimalmo
11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Seat comes out easily...its the trunk trim that's a pain.

romanred62
11-01-2010, 07:54 PM
I installed it in my car last week it's not too big of a hassle. My biggest pain was figuring out how to remove the door seal guards without breaking them. Those are some strong clips.

The bench seat comes out easy. Just lift up from the center of each seat and it will pop off.

Removing the backs of the seat are more difficult. You're gonna want to run the wires down the passenger side so thats the only back you need to worry about. I just lifted up on the bottom of the back to pull the piece of metal near door on the bottom out of its holder. (Don't know it's technical terms at the moment.)

Once you get to where you can pull the seat back out a little way you will see where there are already wires running from that area. So in the trunk area you will need to push the new DICE cable through the hole that has a bundle of wires running through. Not the big red positive cable hole.

I'm sorry I dont have pics at the moment to show you what I'm talking about but if you still need them tomorrow let me know and I'll go take some pics.

Good luck on the project. I love my DICE Mediabridge.

danewilson77
11-02-2010, 03:55 AM

You can......right down the passenger side of the car. I may have a pic....

The below is a pic from my old car. Non folding seats, 2001, 325i ZSP. Just remove the seats. Very easy to do.

Not a super pic.....but I believe that bindle of wires (the top bundle) is what you will be looking for. This is the trunk (obviously), and you're looking at the passenger side.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Maintenance%20and%20Misc/DSC01398sz1200.jpg

The rear seat is easily removed by...

1. Lift up sharply on the front edge of the seat.
2. Pull horizontal portion (the part your hiney sits on), straight toward the engine bay. May have to wiggle a lil.
3. So....now the backrest portion is all that is left.
4. Pull bottom edge out, sharply, toward the engine bay.
5. Then lift it straight up, off of the "hangers"

Done.

danewilson77
11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Updates?

Washburn
11-09-2010, 04:41 PM
This is so timely, I think i will piggyback on this thread rather than starting a new one...my query is slightly different:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who installed (DIY) USA Spec (or DICE) How did you guys snake the ipod cable into the passenger compartment from the CD changer wiring area (trunk)? I am planning on having my USA spec "dongle"/brick fixed below the center front armrest, near the rear ashtray, and I don't mind the cable being visible on the floor of the rear seat area, but I know there MUST be a way to get that cable in to the passenger compartment.

I have the fold-down rear seats.
I also have the ski-bag behind the rear arm rest.

I don't really want to try to remove the rear seat cushions, which scares me somehow...(but perhaps it's really easy?). i know that removing those should make it really easy to snake that cable in from the trunk, but I am thinking with having fold down rear seats, there must some other "gap" that I can use to get the cable in....

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks IA.

mimalmo
11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Removed the door sill trim and ran it through there. When I got to the driver's seat, there is a seam in the carpet that was perfect for running over to the center console area. Took apart the center console and snaked the cable up through there so it comes out in the sunglasses holder.

only1waqas
11-12-2010, 03:01 PM
My car was in the shop for the last week, gonna try it this weekend.

mimalmo
11-12-2010, 10:23 PM
If you were local I'd give you a hand. Anybody near you that has done it before?

Washburn
11-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks. I might try to find someone who has done it...will update.

3ZHPGUY
11-26-2010, 06:38 PM
I did my last 2 through the back seat. I took out the seat cushion and loosened the back of the console, taking out the screws under the back seat ash tray. My first one was professionally installed and I had them run it through the back side of the compartment over the ash tray. Having the wire coming out of the right side of the console works just fine and the way I have it on both my ZHP and the wives 325Cic.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/BMW/IMG_3080.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/BMW/IMG_3091.jpg