PDA

View Full Version : WTB: BMW E46 M3 6spd MT ~$20k

AzkotikBMW
10-28-2011, 07:11 AM
I have a buyer waiting to buy my current car ('05 330ci ZHP), and am really trying to find an E46 M3 to replace it with. I know there are a LOT of M3's out there for sale, but I am looking for one with a few specifics in mind.

So here is what I'm looking for:

MUST HAVES:
- 6spd Manual Transmission
- Clean Title (no accidents/rebuilt/salvage)
- Well maintained (not tracked or beat to crap)

Preferable (will still consider if it doesn't fit these):
- Alpine White, Silver Grey, or Titanium Silver paint
- < 100k miles
- 2004 or newer
- Maintenance records

I am looking for a car that someone has taken care of very well. I would like few (if any) mods on the vehicle. I also do not care where the vehicle is located. I have no problems flying anywhere and picking the car up and driving it home.

My price max is right around $20k, but please feel free to show me your car if its within a few thousand!

Thanks!

UdubBadger
10-28-2011, 07:42 AM
seen a few on craigslist but for under $20k your selection of coupes will be limited... the verts are more common

Marcus-SanDiego
10-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Kyle, you should be able to find a nice one.

I know someone who sold his carbon black E46 M3 a couple of weeks ago. It was a 6 speed and it had 45,000 miles on it. Sold for $24K. It was in great condition.

Be patient on this one. Good ones are out there. Good luck!

M0nk3y
10-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Good luck!

It will be hard to find a M that is really actually taken care of. Took me about 6 months to fund one where I said..."I need to buy that now"

Stick with it

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

webster
10-28-2011, 08:36 AM
good luck. it's not impossible, but it will be extremely difficult to find one for <=$20k that meet your criteria. If you expand your budget to $22-24k, you start opening up the playing field quite a bit.

also be prepared to shell out the big bucks on maintenance. valve adjustments and inspection I/II are expensive as hell on those cars.

AzkotikBMW
10-28-2011, 10:16 AM
I actually just found a local guy with an M3 and this is what he said to me:
"The car is a 2002 with just over 100k miles and jet black with grey interior. I have owned it since June and love it but I have 2 M3's right now so I don't need this one. I work at BMW and the shop foreman went over the car so it needs nothing. We did plugs, trans and diff fluids, engine oil, various gaskets. He also did Inspections I and II (usually around $1700). We also recently did the valve adjustment. It also has brakes off an M3 Competition package which are drilled rotors and about an inch larger than stock. Last thing is it has the euro anti-rasp pipe for the exhaust so it sounds like the European ones and give it about 10 more HP. Tires are also brand new and never spun."

He lives about 2 hours away from me and is asking $15,000 for the car. I think this is a hell of a deal! It has a lot of miles on it, but I'm having a hard time thinking of reasons not to go look, and if its in good shape, to buy it.

Guys have any input?

aurelius
10-28-2011, 11:02 AM
'03 M3 cabrio
SilverGray on Gray leather
6MT
48k miles
ZHP/M3 trunk lip
19" wheels
heated seats (may have cold pkg, will have to verify)

A friend of mine has owned this since early '07 when he bought it locally at a Porsche/MB dealer, still under warranty, with just 11k miles. Just saw you're in Wisconsin, therefore a cabrio may not be your best option but otherwise this M3 is everything you could ever hope for in terms of cosmetics & maintenance. As for price, I'll have to talk with him and I'll post a proper FS thread in the non-ZHP classifieds.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l584/aurelius3/Random%20BMW%20Pics/M3FrontDriver.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l584/aurelius3/Random%20BMW%20Pics/M3RearPass.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l584/aurelius3/Random%20BMW%20Pics/M3Interior-1.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l584/aurelius3/Random%20BMW%20Pics/M3Dash.jpg

webster
10-28-2011, 11:13 AM
I actually just found a local guy with an M3 and this is what he said to me:
"The car is a 2002 with just over 100k miles and jet black with grey interior. I have owned it since June and love it but I have 2 M3's right now so I don't need this one. I work at BMW and the shop foreman went over the car so it needs nothing. We did plugs, trans and diff fluids, engine oil, various gaskets. He also did Inspections I and II (usually around $1700). We also recently did the valve adjustment. It also has brakes off an M3 Competition package which are drilled rotors and about an inch larger than stock. Last thing is it has the euro anti-rasp pipe for the exhaust so it sounds like the European ones and give it about 10 more HP. Tires are also brand new and never spun."

He lives about 2 hours away from me and is asking $15,000 for the car. I think this is a hell of a deal! It has a lot of miles on it, but I'm having a hard time thinking of reasons not to go look, and if its in good shape, to buy it.

Guys have any input?

sounds like a pretty good deal if all he claims is true. one thing about '02s though is they had the engine connecting rod bearing issue so you want to make sure the recall was performed.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24409

AzkotikBMW
11-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Still looking :D