PDA

View Full Version : clear bra on bumper anyone done it?

ryrules1
10-28-2011, 10:21 AM
When i bought my zhp it was a highway car in NORCAL so it has quite a few rock chips on the front bumper. However it has almost no scratches or dings on the rear bumper. I want to keep it this way. Has anyone installed a rear bumper clear bra? If so where did you get the kit? Did you pay someone to do it? I have no application experience but have tons of patience, is this a DIY? I don't really want to pay $800 to protect my paint, but stare your insight. I don't care to protect the front because its already in need of a repray.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

M0nk3y
10-28-2011, 10:43 AM
There are no kits for rear bumpers. Sometimes there are pieces near the rear fenders on the lip so you don't get Knicks there...but never a whole bumper

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

HokieZHP
10-28-2011, 10:46 AM
I haven't seen a rear bumper kit either. You may be able to buy a section of clear bra and apply and cut it yourself.

ryrules1
10-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Week that's good and bad. I am sure i will save money by not buying a kit, but it looks much more challenging to cut yourself. Does anyone have any experience? Also there are about 100 films to choose from. Any input as too the best brand?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

pleasecorrupt
10-28-2011, 12:46 PM
If you go to a shop i'm sure they can accommodate you somehow, otherwise clear bra ing the bumper usually isnt done much, usually its front and then panels behind wheels.

M0nk3y
10-28-2011, 01:20 PM
I did clearbra applications for 3 years. We used VentureShield film. They are owned by 3M now, but they have great clarity on the film and not much orange peel at all.