PDA

View Full Version : Bentley Manual

Scorpius
10-29-2011, 10:48 AM
ok...I now have the bentley and the hanes manual. gotta say, while the bently tells me a lot about how things work (which will come in handy) i must say i'm disapponted some.

I was expecting torque values for the 6 bolts on the oil filter housing, all the pulleys and tensioners. even how to 'recondition' the hydralic tensioner. however.......
i see none of that mentioned anywhere. :-(

Anyone know the values? Or using the bolt chart on page 010-7 how do i know if a bolt is M5, M6, etc. and the bolt classes 5.6, 5.8, etc?

Johnmadd
10-29-2011, 11:29 AM
ok...I now have the bentley and the hanes manual. gotta say, while the bently tells me a lot about how things work (which will come in handy) i must say i'm disapponted some.

I was expecting torque values for the 6 bolts on the oil filter housing, all the pulleys and tensioners. even how to 'recondition' the hydralic tensioner. however.......
i see none of that mentioned anywhere. :-(

Anyone know the values? Or using the bolt chart on page 010-7 how do i know if a bolt is M5, M6, etc. and the bolt classes 5.6, 5.8, etc?

I don't know the torque values, but I do know the grade of a bolt if it has one will be on the head of the bolt.

Alphatek45
10-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I keep one of these in my Toolbox.

http://www.bimmertools.com/Bimmertools-E46-Torque-Spec-Card-p/e461-1.htm

Washburn
11-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Torque value for oil filter housing is 25Nm (18 ft-lbs)

redwagon
11-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks Alphatek for the link to the torque spec card........been looking for a handy cheat sheet like that!
Tim

Alphatek45
11-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Thanks Alphatek for the link to the torque spec card........been looking for a handy cheat sheet like that!
Tim

Anytime, Tim.

johnrando
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Tim

Not sure how much shipping is, but maybe a small group order, then mail out from home? It seems it would be a lot cheaper just mail an envelope, but maybe shipping is reasonable. I'd be willing to do this if others were interested.

aurelius
11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Fwiw, the guy at bimmertools sometimes runs a special whereby that torque spec card is free with a minimum order. He sells a bunch of stuff but part # FCABKIT2 is worth consideration if you're doing your own control arm bushing replacements.