PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Khoalty AE's on 04+ coupe

AzkotikBMW
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Does anyone have the Khoalty AEs on their coupe? If so can you take a picture of them for me?

I ordered the 04-06 coupe version and all 4 of the lights are the same size. But when I look at my car the lights are two different sizes inside each headlight. So I'm wondering if they sent me the wrong ones accidentally.

I have tried emailing them for months and still haven't gotten a response, so I thought id try the family to make sure I'm not crazy. Am I right in thinking that I should have 2 bigger (diameter) and 2 smaller?

S85FTW
11-01-2011, 09:28 AM
FYI they are supposed to be the same size. On the low beams the angel eyes surround the projector lens, on the high beams they are supposed to sit on top of the chrome rings surrounding the bigger headlights.
Here you go:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/krisgt30/169162_602914427760_26904378_34563837_3493166_o.jp g

AzkotikBMW
11-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks a ton! I actually received an email back from Khoalty today also! Thanks for the info!

S85FTW
11-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Also, I recommend using jb weld or something really strong to hold the angel eyes on properly, the doublesided tape just wont cut it... I learned the hard way after visiting a client in NYC and the angel eyes came loose after a series of big potholes. I JB welded the angel eyes to the headlights and they have not moved in the past 12 months now.

AzkotikBMW
11-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the advice!

Marcus-SanDiego
11-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I actually received an email back from Khoalty today also! Thanks for the info!

Good to hear! Sounds like things are moving along.

danewilson77
11-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Also, I recommend using jb weld or something really strong to hold the angel eyes on properly, the doublesided tape just wont cut it... I learned the hard way after visiting a client in NYC and the angel eyes came loose after a series of big potholes. I JB welded the angel eyes to the headlights and they have not moved in the past 12 months now.

Yeah man...I don't really recommend JB weld. What if they fail? Additionally, the clips, when installed properly, are perfect.

S85FTW
11-01-2011, 01:09 PM
JB weld, when it becomes solid, also is pretty easily removable once it hardens (also I chose JB weld because of its resistance to flame vs crazy glue etc)...How would clips look on angel eyes that are 100% lit all the way around? I imagine it would not look that great on angel eyes such as khoalty's that is why I did not go that route. For sedans I am sure it is fine because I have not seen sets that go 100% around the lights.

AzkotikBMW
11-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Mine didn't come with any clips DW, only a few pieces of double-sided tape....which I can see failing after only a few days of the winter up here at -15 degrees.

S85FTW
11-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah I dont think the angel eyes for the coupes come with clips Kyle, because ours are LED 100% all the way around the headlight. Therefore, it would block some of the light emitted from the angel eyes and look like poop. Whatever you do, just dont use crazy glue because that is extremely flammable and the headlights do generate enough heat to ignite the glue.

AzkotikBMW
11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah I dont think the angel eyes for the coupes come with clips Kyle, because ours are LED 100% all the way around the headlight. Therefore, it would block some of the light emitted from the angel eyes and look like poop. Whatever you do, just dont use crazy glue because that is extremely flammable and the headlights do generate enough heat to ignite the glue.

That would make for an interesting ride to work......lol

S85FTW
11-01-2011, 01:47 PM
hahaha yeah it could also make for your last ride to work in your zhp

danewilson77
11-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Mine didn't come with any clips DW, only a few pieces of double-sided tape....which I can see failing after only a few days of the winter up here at -15 degrees.

Copy

Copy