PDA

View Full Version : Wanna get some opinions from everybody

Hermes
11-05-2011, 06:37 PM
So I have a friend that makes stickers and she is gonna be making me a sun visor at cost (win).

The idea I'm going for:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3016/2548482438_6806463fc0.jpg

Tonight I figured out what font size I can print at with my size limitation (CA law says only top 6" can be played with). I decided to print out my current top choice for sticker and test fit it. Unfortunately I seem to have run out of red ink on my printer but I don't care that much. Also I didn't position them perfect but this worked fine to give me an idea at least.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jhermes/29aa6c07.jpg

Ok, what I need is translation help (make sure what I'm saying makes sense) and opinions as to which one to get. The main issue I have seen is that the sensor on the rear view mirror stalk will be blocked by most of the choices I actually want, forcing me to choose something else. I initially wanted Auf Wiedersehn but that will probably block the sensor.

Also, this will be printed in 'Ambulance Style' mirror print so it will only look correct when seen in a mirror:
http://blogs.motortrend.com/files/2007/05/6383729.jpeg

My ideas at the moment:

BEEIL DICH! - Make Haste! (Hurry Up!)
MACHT SCHNELL! - Make Rapid! (Hurry Up!)
GEH AUS DEM WEG! - Get out of the Way!

what do you think?

S85FTW
11-05-2011, 06:58 PM
How about "Ich bin zu nah"

imola red zhp
11-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Geh aus dem weg

sent from Dennis' Droid using tapatalk

pleasecorrupt
11-05-2011, 08:24 PM
lol i almost died seeing the moving over sticker

jreyes19
11-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Umzug über - move over
Sie sind zu langsam - you're too slow
ausweichen - get out of the way
Ich bin schnell, bist du langsam - i'm, fast, you're slow

also for funny or witty ones come here
http://www.customeuropeanplates.com/plate-ideas
just to get ideas

also you can also do english words with german accents on the U and what not lol
hope i helped

Ryans323i
11-06-2011, 05:36 AM
I only recommend that you don't use "BEEIL DICH", I don't know German and these words just make me think they mean "Big Dick". :dunno

az3579
11-06-2011, 05:57 AM
I only recommend that you don't use "BEEIL DICH", I don't know German and these words just make me think they mean "Big Dick". :dunno

:rofl

Oli77
11-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Ich spreche nicht Deutsh.

Hermes
11-06-2011, 12:14 PM

Hahahahahahahaha...

zj96sc
11-06-2011, 12:30 PM
not to bust your chops too hard but most of those, and especially those from jreyes, are horrific renditions of german grammar. even 'auf wiedersehen' in the top picture on seca is misspelled. this is quickly going to turn into something like those engrish chinese symbol tattoos and get you laughed at by anyone that can speak german.

you asked for opinions so here's mine: if you can't speak the language well enough to figure out what you want, don't get stickers in that language. probably comes off like me trying to be a jerk, but that's my honest opinion. I'd rather see the image reversed "move over" than some butchered foreign language. but as always, its your car so i encourage you do what makes you happy.

Hermes
11-06-2011, 01:09 PM
good point. the more I think about this I'm starting to wonder if I should do it. I'm gonna get a sun visor at least, the words are still up in the air.

Hornung418
11-06-2011, 02:16 PM
'Geh weg!'

Command forms are simple and they convey the point. No need to get all grammatical and such. Personally, having a visor with print is akin to having a giant glazed donut on your car...Cops will always go out of their way to check you out.

jreyes19
11-06-2011, 02:36 PM
nice analogy there with the donut

Hornung does speak the truth though

Hermes
11-06-2011, 03:05 PM
not to bust your chops too hard but most of those, and especially those from jreyes, are horrific renditions of german grammar. even 'auf wiedersehen' in the top picture on seca is misspelled. this is quickly going to turn into something like those engrish chinese symbol tattoos and get you laughed at by anyone that can speak german.

you asked for opinions so here's mine: if you can't speak the language well enough to figure out what you want, don't get stickers in that language. probably comes off like me trying to be a jerk, but that's my honest opinion. I'd rather see the image reversed "move over" than some butchered foreign language. but as always, its your car so i encourage you do what makes you happy.

I agree totally, that's why I want something simple. Also the reason I'm thinking German and not English is I have a German car, so I could either get one of those Euro plates or this. I have my regular California plate on so this apparently is what I'm gonna be doing.

I also totally agree that the stupid people who get asian or tribal tattoos are funny when they clearly are not of that cultural background. I always found that just wierd. A simple phrase in German can easily be deciphered or can at least be looked up on a phone.

On a similar note, if I was to do this to a CSL (I wish), I would put Coupé Sport Leichtbau, not Coupe Sport Lightweight or even worse pretend to be Italian and say something like Coupé Super Leggerra

'Geh weg!'

Command forms are simple and they convey the point. No need to get all grammatical and such. Personally, having a visor with print is akin to having a giant glazed donut on your car...Cops will always go out of their way to check you out.

hilarious... cops already go out of their way to check me out even though I do nothing wrong so a sticker on the top of my windshield wouldn't make much of a difference. The way I'm thinking of this is to get it done in as close to Imola as I can so it won't stand out. Basically you would have to be very close to see it at all. If you could see it, you should get the point that you're driving too slow.

az3579
11-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Since you asked,
I think your car is too classy to have lettering on the windshield. Some people just won't get it, and even if they did see something in text that they know the meaning of, some people (most people) will go out of their way to go against what you're telling them to do (move over). It's like the people who brake check, or more appropriately slam on their brakes just to spite you.

I wouldn't want people to think twice about their next move, which is very likely to end up against you. Without the text, they're more likely to move over eventually on their own than to move over and think you're a prick or try to exhibit road rage against you.

(at least this applies to CT drivers)

UdubBadger
11-06-2011, 04:06 PM
i wouldn't do macht schnell since it's already a company.

Hermes
11-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I think I'm gonna shelve this idea for now. I'm just going to get a 6" strip of tint on the window. If I get a toy car one day this idea will come back off the shelf

UdubBadger
11-06-2011, 07:28 PM
you can always call tirerack and ask them for a front window vinyl like a lot of the autocrossers have.

Hermes
11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
the front window vinyl strip is easy, I can get that for $5. I just want to do the tint because then it will still be kinda see-thru

UdubBadger
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
yeah I was pissed when my 1er didn't come with the front tint strip, always had it and never realized how great it was till I didn't have it anymore.

cakM3
11-10-2011, 08:21 PM
JP,

I would use this: Umzug über