PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice Wax...BUY ONE GET ONE!

M0nk3y
11-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Hey everyone, I just came across this stellar deal I found.

It's only going to be up for about 24 hours so I've heard, so if you want it jump on it.

http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-bogo.html

http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-sample-bogo.html

Something you will never come up across ever again IMO. Jump on it before it disappears!

danewilson77
11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Purchased two of the Banana.....Thanks M0nk3y.....

HokieZHP
11-11-2011, 03:14 PM
I have the hard candy now. What is the difference between the others? Which would you recommend for my black zhp?

M0nk3y
11-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I have the hard candy now. What is the difference between the others? Which would you recommend for my black zhp?

Copied and Pasted from my local forum

There is Hard Wax and Soft Wax. Basically sound it out and you will know the differences. Hard wax is exactly that, hard. It contains more Carnauba than soft wax, which gives it that hardness. With that being said, it will last longer on your paint, but it won't give as much depth of gloss a soft wax would.

Soft wax doesn't contain as much Carnauba, so it spreads alot easier. But that also comes with deeper gloss and depth.

The basis of these 2 waxes is that you layer them. You apply the hard wax, then apply the soft wax. You then get double the protection, and insanely deep gloss and depth.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3305/22865918655376063991479.jpg

As for the differences in the name. here is the breakdown:

Hard Candy & Rainforest Rub (Hard/Soft) -> Meant to be used on all colors
Diamond White & Light Fantastic (Hard/Soft) -> Used on light colored cars (White, Sliver...etc)
Banana Armor & Orange Crush (Hard/Soft) -> Used on Warm Colors....Red, Orange, Yellows
Blue Velvet & Purple Haze (Hard/Soft) -> Used on Dark Colors...Black, Blues...etc

HokieZHP
11-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Sweet thanks Monkey! So I assume that the container of soft wax won't last as long as hard wax?

M0nk3y
11-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Sweet thanks Monkey! So I assume that the container of soft wax won't last as long as hard wax?

You will use alittle bit more, but not too much. I haven't noticed huge amounts gone after 2 uses on my 250ml pot. The wax is soft..yes, but you will still need a foam pad or similar to apply. It's not like you can just scoop it right out with your hands. Using a foam pad is the best, because you can get a nice even coat on the car and use exactly how much you need...not over applying.

johnnyrad
11-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Awesome find M0nk3y! Rainforest Rub and Hard Candy comin in hot..thanks brutha

kayger12
11-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Great find.

Good looking out.

Appreciate it.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

ryankokesh
11-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Wow, great deal. Thanks!

HokieZHP
11-11-2011, 04:53 PM
You will use alittle bit more, but not too much. I haven't noticed huge amounts gone after 2 uses on my 250ml pot. The wax is soft..yes, but you will still need a foam pad or similar to apply. It's not like you can just scoop it right out with your hands. Using a foam pad is the best, because you can get a nice even coat on the car and use exactly how much you need...not over applying.

Thanks haha I do use the yellow foam applicator pads to wax with.

MafiaAmor
11-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Will this help with getting glue from the badges off my car better? I figure it will, just want to make sure cause I would like to buy some pimp juice.

ryankokesh
11-22-2011, 03:31 PM
The wax won't help get it off, but it'd be good to apply afterwards. Maybe dodo born slippery would help with removal? Not sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danewilson77
11-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Will this help with getting glue from the badges off my car better? I figure it will, just want to make sure cause I would like to buy some pimp juice.

Use a small amount of "goo gone", or "goof off".

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

MafiaAmor
11-23-2011, 06:21 AM
I used googon Dane, I'm just worried about it thinning the paint, so I didn't use so much of it.

danewilson77
11-23-2011, 07:30 AM
I used googon Dane, I'm just worried about it thinning the paint, so I didn't use so much of it.

OK....worry about the clearcoat, before the paint. Minimal use is key.

MafiaAmor
11-23-2011, 07:34 AM
^ Gotcha.