PDA

View Full Version : After Market Springs...H&R, Eibach, Tein....etc.

das boots
11-21-2011, 11:33 AM
So, I went through the classifieds of the E46 Fanatics, I'd say, there are some who are selling their H&R Sports after installing them and revert back to OE. And some others, just decide to sell them instead of installing. Same with Eibachs and Teins. But then, when they go on sale, they get scooped up in minutes. Of course, for me, I prefer H&Rs. Since I have used them before. Would using the Race be any better than Sports? Are they all depending on what kind of struts & springs used??? As in compatibility? Ride comfort as in hard or smooth? I know this is too vague on my inquiry.....But maybe, someone here would be forgiving and spill the beans on springs and associated struts & springs. Please coilovers. Straight springs only. Thanks.

Hermes
11-21-2011, 11:42 AM
How much are you willing to spend on the setup?

TC Kline E46 Smart Design D/A Coilover Kit
shocks by Koni, you get RSM and camber plates in the kit

$2480.15

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs/photos/TCK_E46_DA_KIT_22.JPG

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs/Items/Details165.cfm

Mtnman
11-21-2011, 12:05 PM
i have the h and r cup kit, which has the sport springs. 20% stiffer than stock. Race springs are even stiffer. I like my setup, which came with springs, shocks, and struts.

das boots
11-21-2011, 12:14 PM
I already have my Bilsteains struts & shocks at the ready. Just trying to merge them with good springs. Nothing stiff. Will be my DD and tool around town. Iff Race is stiffer than Sports, then I will have to stay with Sports. BTW, what is "cup kit"? I should also have edited that I'm not into coilovers......sorry JP.

Mtnman
11-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Cup Kit is just their term for the kit that has springs, shocks and struts all together. (supposedly "matched")

I know that Lance has the sport springs on his with his oem shocks and struts, and is happy with them.

D

Johnmadd
11-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I have the sports and wish I had the race springs, I could handle a little more stiffness for moar low.

das boots
11-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Cup Kit is just their term for the kit that has springs, shocks and struts all together. (supposedly "matched")

I know that Lance has the sport springs on his with his oem shocks and struts, and is happy with them.

D

How about the other way around? Bilstein Struts & Shocks with OEM springs? Do not have the funds for springs as yet.....