PDA

View Full Version : Sportline Wheels - Anyone know if they are any good?

Go Horns!
11-21-2011, 03:07 PM
I am in the market for some lightweight wheels, and this deal seems too good to pass up.

CSL style wheels 18x8.5, et 35, 20. 8 lbs - $539.95 + $100 shipping.

http://www.modbargains.com/Rotary-Forged-CSL-Wheels.htm

They look like the Sportline wheels from their website and have the same description. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with Sportline wheels.

yura
11-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Looks like a replica... personally I wouldn't get such wheels, regardless of them using "the same process" as high-quality manufacturers. Having a wheel fail in motion is not something I want to risk. The price doesn't look like anything special, either. Keep an eye on used classifieds, you can likely find some high-quality wheels for about the same price.

danewilson77
11-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Of course it's a rep...lol.

Go Horns!
11-22-2011, 07:46 AM
I think I'm going to pass on these. The wheels do not come with a warranty against hidden structural defects. And from my research, other manufacturers do warrant against structural defects. For example, Enkei and HRE both provide limited lifetime warranties against structural defects.

yura
11-22-2011, 12:25 PM
I think I'm going to pass on these. The wheels do not come with a warranty against hidden structural defects. And from my research, other manufacturers do warrant against structural defects. For example, Enkei and HRE both provide limited lifetime warranties against structural defects.

Good call. It's always worthwhile to do proper research before buying something like this.