PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Balance

05ZHPCPE
11-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I am the original owner and remember through regular cleaning of my 135's, the wheel/tire combo was perfectly balanced with no wheel weights on any rim. That is still amazing to me... is this normal practice/precicion for BMW?

aurelius
11-21-2011, 04:09 PM
No, it's not. If you don't need weights, that would be a function of your tires' precision manufacturing.

What make & model tire are you running?

wsmeyer
11-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I'd say it's more likely the weights were installed on the inside of the rim. Most shops will do it for a couple extra bucks. It's just a matter of balancing, marking the tire/rim, breaking the seal, affixing the weights on the inside, re-mount tire and confirm balance.

William.

05ZHPCPE
11-21-2011, 06:12 PM
I had the 135's with Michelin Pilot Sports straight from the factory. I was curious about possible inside the rim weights but when I had new tires installed I checked. Just always baffled by it. I remember asking the tire installer too and he had never seen that before. To attest to the "perfect balance" I had 155 MPH set on cruise control on the autobahn heading to Amsterdam and the ride was very smooth and secure!!