PDA

View Full Version : E92 TPMS Problem

M0nk3y
11-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, my dad is having a problem with a set of wheels and the tpms system.

Car is a 2009 E92 328xi and the tires are take-offs from a 2011 E9x. They are just wheels with winter tires, oem tpms still on them.

Anyways, swapped the tires and the tire light won't turn off. When we tried to reset the computer, it said "System is inactive".

Are the 09 vs 11 tpms systems different? Why isn't it communicating correctly?

Help is appreciated, thanks. I figured it was a shot putting it up here :/

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Hermes
11-26-2011, 04:24 PM
i haven't heard of a change in the system, I would think it should still work

Whitexi
11-26-2011, 04:26 PM
IDK if there any different but I have a set of tpms from an 07 I think from when I got my E90 sport wheels. There complete of 4 except the valve center. The part that screws in that allows you to put air in. If you need a set let me know, Im not sure if mine work or not ill send them to you and if they work then send me a couple bucks. Ill say they should since the guy didn't mind taking them out. he just bought new wheels with the sensors already so the sport wheels I got were all original with the oem tires still.

M0nk3y
11-26-2011, 07:16 PM
IDK if there any different but I have a set of tpms from an 07 I think from when I got my E90 sport wheels. There complete of 4 except the valve center. The part that screws in that allows you to put air in. If you need a set let me know, Im not sure if mine work or not ill send them to you and if they work then send me a couple bucks. Ill say they should since the guy didn't mind taking them out. he just bought new wheels with the sensors already so the sport wheels I got were all original with the oem tires still.

Did some researching...2011-2010 are different sensors :/

2009-2007 do fit. I'll send you a PM and we'll discuss the money side.

mikeyb74
11-27-2011, 07:16 AM
From what I've learning the TPMS sensors are different. I've been dealing with TPMS, ABS, and DSC lights on and no cruise from a set of snows I put on a friends 08 128i. The sensors are the new style. I swapped back to the stock wheels with the original sensors and all the lights go out and the cc works. Weird. I know on my Cooper S with the winter set on that has TPMS sensors I have the TPMS warning light on until I drive for less than a mile and it goes out.

nike001
11-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Try resetting it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLA4_ZbZxV4

Then you have to drive it for ~10min for the light to go out

M0nk3y
11-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Try resetting it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLA4_ZbZxV4

Then you have to drive it for ~10min for the light to go out

Read OP. We reset it and it said system inactive.

Already figured out freq is different with the 11s versus the 09s

nike001
11-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Read OP. We reset it and it said system inactive.

Already figured out freq is different with the 11s versus the 09s

Woops. Sorry, I skimmed through it as I was just about to leave but wanted to post that link for any help it might provide