PDA

View Full Version : BMW of Ridgefield CT

spoonerDee
11-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Took my dad there to do some car shopping. Dealt with a man named Bob Mahoney, who is a friend of a friend. Gave us all sorts of inside information and worked out an amazing deal for my dad.

Also learned its the second oldest BMW dealer in America. If you go there deal with Bob and tell him Australian Tony's friend Keith sent you.

Marcus-SanDiego
11-29-2011, 08:22 AM
:like

spoonerDee
11-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks bossman.

First dealership ever that didn't want to make me get violent.

My dad and I were both very pleased with them. Though I can't speak for their level of service on cars, but since they have been around A LONG TIME, they must be good.

danewilson77
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Also learned its the second oldest BMW dealer in America.

Where is the oldest dealer in the U.S. located?

Marcus-SanDiego
11-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Oldest exclusive BMW dealer in the US is Erhard BMW in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.

Hermes
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Where is the oldest dealer in the U.S. located?

Erhard BMW of Bloomfield Hills (Detroit) claims to be the oldest 'exclusive' dealer in the US, not sure who the oldest actually is

Damn, didn't refresh first. Boss beat me

danewilson77
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah...I saw that in Google...but thought for some reason it didn't check out with me.

Hermes
11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I've stopped in there before while I was visiting my family, it's a cool shop. I think one of my cousins bought a car from them a few years ago

echo46
11-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Glad you had a good experience there. Don't hear that too much.

spoonerDee
11-30-2011, 04:19 AM
From what the sales guy told me the oldest BMW dealer (perhaps not exclusive) was located somewhere in New York.

The story he told me of how his place got started was quite interesting.

Apparently the original owner was an immigrant, he came over here to live a new life, bought a brand new BMW, never registered it, sold it for a profit, then bought another, did the same, and kept doing it till he had enough money to open a store and the rest is history.

az3579
12-02-2011, 02:06 PM
From what the sales guy told me the oldest BMW dealer (perhaps not exclusive) was located somewhere in New York.

The story he told me of how his place got started was quite interesting.

Apparently the original owner was an immigrant, he came over here to live a new life, bought a brand new BMW, never registered it, sold it for a profit, then bought another, did the same, and kept doing it till he had enough money to open a store and the rest is history.

Any idea how he made a profit? Bought it cheap and brought over from Germany to sell for more money here?

spoonerDee
12-06-2011, 04:13 AM
From what I remember from the conversation, he bought it here in the states after he came over bought one, drove it for a short while and sold then bought another and kept doing it.

I don't think he told me where he bought it from, just somewhere here in the states, probably NY

Karl Lazlo
09-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Are we discussing Max Hoffman? http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/18/automobiles/18HOFFMAN.html

As for Ridgefield BMW, my buying experience there when I grabbed my CPO 330ci was flawless. My family had bought two vehicles there, back when they were REM (Ridgefield European Motors) and sold Mazdas, among other marques.

They have expanded quite a bit though the years.