PDA

View Full Version : H&R Sport Springs w/o new shocks?

johnrando
12-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Just curious, would it make sense to buy H&R Sport Springs w/o buying shocks? I've got 50K on my car, eventually will get the shocks, but I found a decent deal on used springs. I know with the Race springs they say DO NOT get them w/o uprated shocks, but they don't say that on the Sport. I'm just looking for a little lower and a little better DD handling.

danewilson77
12-02-2011, 02:19 PM
The only thing is if the H&R springs are lower than the stock springs...it could cause your shocks to wear out quicker.

Could get the springs and shocks and sell your 50k setup. I am sure someone would buy.

Mtnman
12-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Lance did this with the h and r sport springs. Sport lowers. 75 front and. 25 rear (I have them too, but with got them at 140k so I got entire new setup) and they have worked fine for lance.
D

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

trancenation
12-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I would recommend going with aftermarket shocks if you were going to put in H and R sport springs into your car. Just as Dane has mentioned, the H and R springs are shorter than stock so it would cause more compression of the shocks = faster wear. Ride quality may also suffer.

Audi 0000
12-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Just get it right the first time and get Bilstein or Koni. I know people use sport springs on OEM shocks often, but the ride isnt the same, and they wear much faster. You dont want to do the labor twice when you need new dampers. You will be very happy with sport shocks, H&R springs, new mounts, fresh alignment.... very nice.

I am newer to BMWs but I have used Bilstein sports on many of my cars, they are great, and a lifetime warranty also ( I never had to use it though). I also used the Koni adjustable sports on two of my cars, also a very good shock. I dont think you could go wrong with either.

johnrando
12-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the input all!