PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Showroom in San Diego

JHiggy
12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
For those in San Diego area there's a showroom/retail storefront right next to where Euro Auto Spot used to be:

8680 Miralani Dr. Unit #125
San Diego CA. 92126
(858) 527-1566

* Not currently open on weekends.

Owner's name is Wayne. Nice, informative guy. Didn't try to push sales on me. Felt for the guy a little. Indicated he and his son opened up the shop about 2 years ago and the son moved out of state. Older retired fella kind of holding the fort down. Anyways, walked out of there with some good stuff at what I felt was a very reasonable price. He honors the general Chemical Guys online price (http://www.chemicalguys.com/) and took 10% off.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-12-2011, 11:38 AM
I know Wayne. Good guy.

M0nk3y
12-12-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm slowly transitioning to Chemical Guys products for everything except polish, and wax.

I love there products.

Sent using satellite technology

ryankokesh
12-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm slowly transitioning to Chemical Guys products for everything except polish, and wax.

I love there products.

Sent using satellite technology

Yeah, I use them, and love them, for most stuff as well (also excluding polish & wax...).

JHiggy
12-12-2011, 04:26 PM
From a consumer standpoint, I'm irrationally sold on their marketing technique. Kinky name and clear product containers with simple labels. Genius! Their dilution ratios seem appealing as well from a longevity standpoint. Picked up some of the citrus wash +gloss on the advice of Monkey. Will be picking up some of their leather cleaner and conditioner product + their swirl remover polish/gloss. If anyone has a take on their other stuff, please advise.

ryankokesh
12-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Their jet seal 109 is, as they say, "da bomb, yo"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSEN820
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the input on this thread. I have heard of this company but never knew anyone who has tried their products.

Might be heading there Friday to grab some supplies.

keep the list coming of the products you guys have used.

JHiggy
12-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the input on this thread. I have heard of this company but never knew anyone who has tried their products.

I haven't tried their stuff yet but will once the rain stops. Reviewed Monkey's detailing guides and he references some of their stuff. To read that he's transitioning to their gear tells me a lot. Read lots of reviews on other forums re: their products and folks overall seem to be quite impressed.

Their wash (Citrus Wash and Gloss) gets rave reviews as well as Jetseal, Diablo wheel cleaner and their Pete's Wax. I really appreciate their Youtube videos as it shows application and dilution recommendations to make their products last longer (great concept for the consumer): http://www.youtube.com/user/chemicalGuys.

Will update after application of some of their stuff.

M0nk3y
12-13-2011, 11:57 AM

Currently this is what I use:

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss
Synthetic Quick Detailer
I have used Jetseal 109 (But I use Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant...but both are equal)
I did use the Ez-Creme Glaze, decent product at increasing depth but not a deal breaker IMO

IF, you want to go wax, go with the 50/50 or Petes 53. I'm religious with Dodo Juice though, and will never change.
Diablo Gel Wheel Cleaner have gotten good reviews, but I'm content with Meguiars APC+

That's all I've used, but when I run out of stuff, I look at CG products first. Their customer service is extremely good. Very knowledgeable on the products. Autogeek is actually starting to pick up CG products (as rumor says) which shows you the increasing popularity.

I was a fan of Poorboys, the products are cheap, but lack that WOW factor, and bang for the buck.

CG is alittle more pricey (just look at the gallon prices of CG Citrus Wash and Gloss and Synthetic Detailer)....Yes, they total $50 together, but with that being said...I barely made dents in each product. With a year use, I'm not even at 1/2 of each.

JHiggy
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Chemical Guys Review:

1. Leather Cleaner & Conditioner (individual products): Great stuff. Bottle of cleaner, when diluted, will last for a long, long time. Cleaner worked well. Easy to apply and picked up some noticeable dirt, oil, etc. Conditioner was easy to apply as well. Was concerned about stains, streaks, etc but no issues. Doesn't need to be diluted but you don't need much when applying - goes a long way. Has a manufactured leather smell to it which I like. Not too shiny, not too matte; just right. For the price, the number of times I'll likely apply it, the ease of use and the amount they give you per bottle, I'd say both are a great deal.

2. Citrus Wash & Gloss: Again, great stuff. Suds up easily and again, you don't need much at all (too much will strip the wax of not diluted per the instructions). Leaves a nice smell and a noticeable...gloss. Bought their bucket, grit guard, 16 oz of the Citrus Wash & Gloss and their wash pad for $24 as a package deal. Extremely happy that I did.

3. Diablo Wheel/Rim Gel: To preface, I've been a fan of Sonax. That said, I've run through it quickly and I was never happy with the cost. Nod goes to CG simply because the bottle will last significantly longer, in my opinion, vs Sonax. Applied the same as all the other rim/tire cleaners. I diluted it down per the instructions and maybe a little more. Agitated it with a brush and the results were great. The Sonax spray is more concentrated than the recommended dilution of the Diablo but the Diablo produces the same results with a little bit of elbow grease and...it'll last significantly longer per bottle vs. Sonax.

That's my take. Big fan of CG after giving these products a rip.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
You guys can also pick up the Chemical Guys stuff at Amazon.com. May be cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/mn/search?_encoding=UTF8&tag=zhpcom-20&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=chemical%20guys&url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&sprefix=chemical%20gu%23

And you can search for it in the ZHPMafia.com store: http://astore.amazon.com/zhpcom-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=73