PDA

View Full Version : Sqweaky sound?

Grex101
12-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Hey guys! Well now that I have wheels that fits, I feel like my brake pads are worning off (not sure). Upon breaking, I can hear a loud sqweaky sound in the front end of the car, sort of coming in the front end of the car. I was wondering if I'm right about the brake pads and such, where can I get the "cheapest" yet best kit? The sound only happens when I brake, which is quite bothersome, and I am very worried. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

danewilson77
12-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Could be that they just need lubricated. Could be that you need pads. I would think if you needed pads that bad, that the brake pad wear sensors would give you a warning.

How about take the tires off and look?

How many miles on current setup?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Grex101
12-24-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm currently running 83k right now. And, would the sensor show up on my dashboard?

Hermes
12-24-2011, 11:01 PM
this is the warning light:

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6890aae-06fb-7bb0.jpg

as for getting replacements there are tons of choices. use the affiliate link at the top of the page (or click here) (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?229-List-of-Affiliate-Advertisers-at-ZHP-Mafia) and go to AutohausAZ. Pick your car, then go to > Brake & Wheel Hub > Brake Pad Set

under that page you should find BMW brake pad lubricant and 3 manufactures for pads (Pagid, Bosch & Mintex). If noise is the issue you're looking to kill and you're not tracking your car I would go with the Bosch QuietCast for $49.39 (either front or rear set, total of $100 for all 4 wheels)

you should get the lubricant either way, you'll use it eventually and besides it's only $1.56. You will need 2 per car.

If you're thinking of going for higher performance brake pads let us know so we can give you other ideas.

danewilson77
12-25-2011, 07:05 AM
If that's the warning, new pads, and sensors need ordered.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Hermes
12-25-2011, 07:17 AM
If that's the warning, new pads, and sensors need ordered.

I was just showing him what the warning light would look like IF it did go off, but yes, you are correct as to new sensors needing to be ordered as well.