PDA

View Full Version : VCG replace - what else while I am there?

ranger
12-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I am going to replace my valve cover gasket tomorrow. What else should I do while I am in that area? I have already replaced the entire cooling system, plugs, oil, and fluids. I have some stuttering issues - is this a good time to clean the DISA valve?

danewilson77
12-27-2011, 04:01 PM
DISA isn't in that area. You need 15 grommets as well as vcg.

If you're gonna do disa, since your doing vcg, you might as well do ICV.

If you do ICV, you might as well do upper and lower intake boots. If you're going to do boots, you might as well drawp ride while you do vcg.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

JohnnyGraphic
12-27-2011, 04:55 PM
My suggestion would be to do the VANOS seals while you're in there. It's only $65 for the seals and about another extra 2 hours or so of work. Maybe longer if you're really anal about getting the VANOS cleaned up before you put it all back together. You WILL have to make sure that the VANOS pistons etc are clean before you do it. Also, you will need the metal VANOS gasket. Here is the DIY from the Beisans systems website. Pretty step by step and no surprises in the procedures that they wrote. http://www.beisansystems.com/procedures/vanos_procedure.htm

Johnny

danewilson77
12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Of course. I guess I assumed that was obvious. My bust Ranger. Johnny is absolutely correct.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

ranger
12-28-2011, 04:04 PM
I appreciate the feedback from the group. Always great advice.

JohnnyGraphic
12-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Let us know how the DIY goes!

Johnny