PDA

View Full Version : KW V2 front sway end link replacement

Rovert
01-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Hey guys,
I am wondering if anyone knows where to get a replacement for this product on my E46 other than from KW USA. I know that the KW V2 front end link is much shorter than the OEM end link. I bought an OEM one thinking it should fit but realized after taking the front wheel off that it is a totally different length. Any advice would be great!!! :thumbup

danewilson77
01-05-2012, 03:50 AM
An e36 ///M3 endlink is most likely the length your looking for.

I have some adjustables I could send you.... For test fit.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Rovert
01-05-2012, 09:02 AM
KW gave me a price at $36 each.....that's not too bad considering I paid $50 for the OEM front end links? What would you charge me Dane? I don't mean to make this feel like an auction...LOL. Do adjustables have a short/long limit? So the ones you have would have to be within that range of my size.

danewilson77
01-05-2012, 09:30 AM
KW gave me a price at $36 each.....that's not too bad considering I paid $50 for the OEM front end links? What would you charge me Dane? I don't mean to make this feel like an auction...LOL. Do adjustables have a short/long limit? So the ones you have would have to be within that range of my size.

I was going to give them to you to try for size, prior to purchase. If they fit... You can have..... Them.... Oh.... Snap..... I just remembered that I cleaned out my garage and threw them away.

My bust. You can get the ones from KW. What was the problem here? They wore out quickly?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Rovert
01-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Yeah they wore out within 2 years!! I don't know why... They are not covered under lifetime warranty. Just the shocks are.

danewilson77
01-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Interesting. I have the KW endlinks installed. Will keep my eyes out, but will most likely replace with the ///M3 oem links when these wear out.

Rovert
01-06-2012, 09:28 AM
so you know how short they are compared to OEM length? Where can I find M3 ones? Link if possible. Hopefully they're just as short!!

danewilson77
01-06-2012, 12:11 PM
so you know how short they are compared to OEM length? Where can I find M3 ones? Link if possible. Hopefully they're just as short!!

I bought the e36 ///M3 endlink from www.velocitymotorcars.com

You can get the OEM endlink anywhere.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

danewilson77
01-06-2012, 12:12 PM

I bought the e36 ///M3 adjustable endlink from www.velocitymotorcars.com

You can get the OEM endlink anywhere.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Rovert
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Gee that site is confusing...lol. Do you know first hand an E36 M3 sedan/coupe/convertible would be the same length of our KW front end link?

danewilson77
01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Gee that site is confusing...lol. Do you know first hand an E36 M3 sedan/coupe/convertible would be the same length of our KW front end link?

I think it is, but not 100%. About 90% sure.

I have a pic... Lemme find eet.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT