PDA

View Full Version : Well maintained ZHP has gotten a LOT of work anyways

Smolck
01-14-2012, 02:14 PM
I bought my car knowing the entire service history (cause as a BMW mechanic as a side business I maintained it for the owner) and also knowing it had just had a bunch of work done. New cooling system, VANOS, brakes, tires, OFGH, CAB's and trans fluid.

When I got it it is amazing how much I have had to do to it. I say "had" but some of it was elective stuff. But here is my list so far.......

If not for hookups from friends and Bimmerfest members the cost of all this would far exceed the $373 total thus far.

Install BMW Perf Knob
Retrofit Passenger Side Xenon
Installed 2 new 6000k xenons
Retrofit Drivers Side Xenon
Wash car/wheel cleansing
Used tire to replace blowout (Frnt Psngr)
DME reprogram (bimmer motor works)
Oil change/Air filter change
New tri-stitch Alcantara wheel/armrest
Re-glue A and C pillars
Treat leather seats

And now I have to get ready for the "big stuff" including
Clutch/Flywheel replacement
New Guibo and center carrier bearing
Rear diff bushing
Shocks and Struts
RTABS

BY then I am sure my rear wheel bearings will have crapped out too.

It's always something, but man I love this car!

Hermes
01-14-2012, 02:23 PM
I just wanna say that I'm glad you're over here with us too, we can all definitely learn some things from you. Even when all that is on your list is done I'm sure you'll find something else to tinker with just like the rest of us inevitably do.

:waldo

Smolck
01-14-2012, 02:32 PM
I just wanna say that I'm glad you're over here with us too, we can all definitely learn some things from you. Even when all that is on your list is done I'm sure you'll find something else to tinker with just like the rest of us inevitably do.

:waldo

Thanks. Yea, but I am trying to be more reserved with this car. Unlike my 323 this car already has most of what I wanted and tried to create so who knows. But boost is a possibility!

kayger12
01-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Looking forward to some DIYs.

Glad to have you here as well.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
01-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Looking forward to some DIYs.

Glad to have you here as well.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

Yup.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

TigerTater
03-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Smolck was looking at your rear wheel bearing DIY...did you replace the axle nut and circlip with new ones or did you reuse the old ones?...and how did you end up getting the inner race off of the hub....the 3 jaw puller? Also was that FAG brand bearings?

Smolck
03-27-2014, 07:44 AM
Smolck was looking at your rear wheel bearing DIY...did you replace the axle nut and circlip with new ones or did you reuse the old ones?...and how did you end up getting the inner race off of the hub....the 3 jaw puller? Also was that FAG brand bearings?

Sorry, just now seeing this. I bought a new nut, same circlip. I used new hubs. You need a bearing race puller to remove it, OR carefully Dremel a cut in it and it'll come off that way. I've done that on the front wheel bearing before.

I believe the OE was FAG yes.