PDA

View Full Version : Guess what my awesome (sarcasm) bro-inlaw did!?! $@#*@!!

Ryans323i
01-17-2012, 08:45 AM
He painted a set of wheels in the lower part of my garage WHILE my car was in the upper garage!!!

So now I have rattlecan clear over spray all over my car. Complete awesomeness!
:applause :applause2 :crying

My not-even-two-years-old paint job feels like 2k grit sand paper. I can't even cut through with my finger nail. Well, now I really get to break in my new Porter Cable.

I'm so pissed.

So I'm just curious of what cutting product I need and what pad to use.?.

Please don't say wet sand, please don't say wet sand, please don't say wet sand.

Johnmadd
01-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Damn :facepalm

bullfrogs_M3
01-17-2012, 08:51 AM
I don't think you will need to wet sand it. That sounds seriously aggressive. My thoughts:

1. Wash
2. Claybar with medium then fine clay (if you want or just use medium)
If necessary:
3. Meguier's M105 with Purple Wool or Orange Pad
4. Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (SIP) w/ Orange pad
5. Menzenra Super Finish (SF) w/White pad
6. Chemical Guys EZ-Creme II synthetic sealant and glaze (can be used with a black pad if you have one. white otherwise or just put on by hand)

Just my thoughts, but I am sure Monkey can give you the best advice.

jreyes19
01-17-2012, 08:53 AM
since it is just overspray
would doing the clay bar kit on your car take the weak overspray that fell on the car
or if not at the least smooth it out :)
hope that works

Hermes
01-17-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't think you will need to wet sand it. That sounds seriously aggressive. My thoughts:

1. Wash
2. Claybar with medium then fine clay (if you want or just use medium)
If necessary:
3. Meguier's M105 with Purple Wool or Orange Pad
4. Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (SIP) w/ Orange pad
5. Menzenra Super Finish (SF) w/White pad
6. Chemical Guys EZ-Creme II synthetic sealant and glaze (can be used with a black pad if you have one. white otherwise or just put on by hand)

Just my thoughts, but I am sure Monkey can give you the best advice.

This sounds like good advice. I would clay bar multiple (3 or more) times before going with any sort of cutting products. I agree that wet sand is prob not needed.

I would also say that bro-in-law needs to be the one doing some slave labor for you to make up for his mistake.

kayger12
01-17-2012, 09:51 AM
"Siri, I need to dispose of a body..."

Hermes
01-17-2012, 09:53 AM

lol...

http://blenderblog.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/siri_2.jpg

Ryans323i
01-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks everyone for the quick responses, and special thanks to Bullfrog. So it just sounds like an in-depth detail will take car of this. I forgot to mention, specifically, that the over spray is on the windows (windshield, rear glass, and sunroof mainly). I know I can clay bar glass, but what about the detailing products?

This sounds like good advice. I would clay bar multiple (3 or more) times before going with any sort of cutting products. I agree that wet sand is prob not needed.

I would also say that bro-in-law needs to be the one doing some slave labor for you to make up for his mistake.

I hate when he gets near my car!
1.Before my paint job, he slammed the garage bay door (Because I had only opened it 3/4 the way for a quick task, he didn't noticed and walked into it whacking his head. He got all pissed and slammed the door all the way open.) causing the florescent light above my car to come loose and crash down on my car's roof, windshield, and hood. My paint was already in bad condition, but the light caused further scratches and chips.
2. Also before my paint job, he back into the front bumper. No obvious damage.
3. After my paint job, some "mysterious" deep scratches appeared on the front corner of my front bumper, right after he maneuvered some large Harleys between my car,the pole supporting the garage, and the garage door. ~4ft width of space.
4. And now this.

I will be watching him every time he's in the garage from now on. He works on motorcycles, four wheelers, ect in our garage. Something I can't change. But after the scratches I cleared out a whole section in the bottom of the garage so he'd wouldn't work on them in the bay next to my car. Now I will be purchasing a car cover.

I am not one to wish/cause death, but if he moved really far away I'd be super happy.

Mtnman
01-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Damn! Sorry to hear Ryan!

danewilson77
01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Dayu.......:facepalm

bullfrogs_M3
01-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick responses, and special thanks to Bullfrog. So it just sounds like an in-depth detail will take car of this. I forgot to mention, specifically, that the over spray is on the windows (windshield, rear glass, and sunroof mainly). I know I can clay bar glass, but what about the detailing products?

Ryan, I would go with a medium grade claybar (http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Accessories-M12/Medium-Grade-Clay-Bar-P376/100-g-S2/) and some really good slippery claybar lube (http://www.detailedimage.com/Dodo-Juice-M35/Born-Slippy-Clay-Bar-Lube-P326/250-ml-S1/) or a really good quick detailer (http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemical-Guys-M31/Synthetic-Quick-Detailer-P220/16-oz-S1/).

If you go the cheaper (clay and detailer) then make sure you spray the body parts down until soaking wet AND the claybar in your hand (use a glove) then start claying the car. wow, that all sounded.....umm...nevermind. Make sure you keep the car wet with the detailer AND the bar wet. It should glide across the body no matter how much you push the bar. If you feel the bar start to snag or drag, you aren't using enough detailer or lube. Work in 2x2 or 3x3 sections and spray clay spray clay(use a side to side, then up and down motion), then move onto next section.

If your overspray is bad, like you said, you are looking at doing the car at a bare minimum of 2 times. Sorry to tell you that but if you want it all off your gonna have to get in there and do it right. When it is done, you should be able to take your hand and lightly run it across your paint till it feels like butter.

My suggestion:
Medium Grade Clay Bar
Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer
Latex gloves

FYI: If you don't want to wait for shipping, you can get just about all of this at Autozone/Checker/Pepboys/etc... Get the Meguier's Claybar and Meguier's Ultimate Detailer.

M0nk3y
01-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Sounds like severe overspray.

Don't loose sleep over it. Clay bar will be able to get it out after a couple passes. However, I'd recommend you still polish your car afterwards, as you will be marring your paint while you clay.

bullfrogs_M3
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
.....polish your car afterwards, as you will be marring your paint while you clay.

words from the pro!! Polish and then use a sealant (imo)

JohnnyGraphic
01-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Yup! Clay bar. You will need to polish and wax/seal the car afterwards. No matter what anybody says, the clay bar will scratch your paint. So, possibly a compounding step, polish and wax/sealant.

Some people have no regard for other peoples things. I dealt with a similar situation just a few weeks ago.

Don't worry about it. It will all come out with some product and elbow grease and time.

Johnny

spoonerDee
01-18-2012, 04:34 AM
I think your murdering him would be justified in a court of law.... Just sayin

Hermes
01-18-2012, 04:40 AM
I just came up with the solution...

Your man gets no lovin until he puts his bro in check. That will solve the problem real fast

cakM3
01-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Ryan,

I can't believe what I have read here....sounds like your "bro-in-law" doesn't care for other people's property.....

I agree with JP's comment above....this should be taken care of. You have lots of work to get Lucy back in shape....if this happened to me, I'd really be pissed....

Hope you can get this resolved...

danewilson77
01-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Ryan,

I can't believe what I have read here....sounds like your "bro-in-law" doesn't care for other people's property.....

I agree with JP's comment above....this should be taken care of. You have lots of work to get Lucy back in shape....if this happened to me, I'd really be pissed....

Hope you can get this resolved...

He probably didn't know....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

M0nk3y
01-18-2012, 06:28 AM
He probably didn't know....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

+1

Just inform...forgive and forget

Sent using satellite technology

Ryans323i
01-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Ryan, I would go with a medium grade claybar (http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Accessories-M12/Medium-Grade-Clay-Bar-P376/100-g-S2/) and some really good slippery claybar lube (http://www.detailedimage.com/Dodo-Juice-M35/Born-Slippy-Clay-Bar-Lube-P326/250-ml-S1/) or a really good quick detailer (http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemical-Guys-M31/Synthetic-Quick-Detailer-P220/16-oz-S1/).

If you go the cheaper (clay and detailer) then make sure you spray the body parts down until soaking wet AND the claybar in your hand (use a glove) then start claying the car. wow, that all sounded.....umm...nevermind. Make sure you keep the car wet with the detailer AND the bar wet. It should glide across the body no matter how much you push the bar. If you feel the bar start to snag or drag, you aren't using enough detailer or lube. Work in 2x2 or 3x3 sections and spray clay spray clay(use a side to side, then up and down motion), then move onto next section.

If your overspray is bad, like you said, you are looking at doing the car at a bare minimum of 2 times. Sorry to tell you that but if you want it all off your gonna have to get in there and do it right. When it is done, you should be able to take your hand and lightly run it across your paint till it feels like butter.

My suggestion:
Medium Grade Clay Bar
Latex gloves

FYI: If you don't want to wait for shipping, you can get just about all of this at Autozone/Checker/Pepboys/etc... Get the Meguier's Claybar and Meguier's Ultimate Detailer.

Sounds like severe overspray.

Don't loose sleep over it. Clay bar will be able to get it out after a couple passes. However, I'd recommend you still polish your car afterwards, as you will be marring your paint while you clay.

Yup! Clay bar. You will need to polish and wax/seal the car afterwards. No matter what anybody says, the clay bar will scratch your paint. So, possibly a compounding step, polish and wax/sealant.

Some people have no regard for other peoples things. I dealt with a similar situation just a few weeks ago.

Don't worry about it. It will all come out with some product and elbow grease and time.

Johnny

Thanks so much guys. I already have the Meguiars clay and ultimate detailer kit. But I think I need more detailer ATM.
I'm going to order some pads and the m105,205 and a sealant/glaze and once those come in I'll be putting in werk!

I just came up with the solution...

Your man gets no lovin until he puts his bro in check. That will solve the problem real fast

This is punishment for both parties. I deserve extra lovin because his bro sucks! :)

+1

Just inform...forgive and forget

Sent using satellite technology

The bro-inlaw is a selfish, inconsiderate bastard. In his defense, he probably didn't know. Either way, in my situation it's better act proactively and better protect my Lucy. Yelling at the dumbass doesn't solve anything.

Thanks for all the help and kind words. Gotta wait until the end of the month to get pads and polish ordered. I'm driving the car daily and it's freak'n cold so I doubt I'll do any claying before my other detailing supplies get in. Visually the overspray is barely noticeable, it's only when you run you hand across it that it's obvious. I'm pissed this happened but I'm relieved that it's only going to take elbow grease to get it rectified. And I wanted to do all this detailing to her anyways.

Smolck
01-18-2012, 08:41 AM
In his defense, he probably didn't know.

Ignorance is no defense and he should be weeded from the gene pool. I know some guys who "eliminate problems" if you need their number let me know.

Ryans323i
01-18-2012, 08:50 AM
He's wrecked 3 different times at triple digit speeds on motorcycles, he runs out of gas at least every other week, he used a commercial router one handed and now has lost 50% ability in his right hand, and I could keep going here. So don't worry, he'll weed himself out.

Smolck
01-18-2012, 09:11 AM
He's wrecked 3 different times at triple digit speeds on motorcycles, he runs out of gas at least every other week, he used a commercial router one handed and now has lost 50% ability in his right hand, and I could keep going here. So don't worry, he'll weed himself out.

Is that him with the bald head?

http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Darwin_Awards.jpg

Ryans323i
01-18-2012, 10:00 AM
So close!

danewilson77
01-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Copy. I retract my earlier statement.

redwagon
01-18-2012, 11:17 AM
hopefully a decent ending to all this.......but heck change the locks on the garage and banish him........
Tim

johnrando
01-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Ryan. Sorry to hear, love your car. Please keep us posted.

WOLFN8TR
01-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your car. Clay bar will take it off ask me how I know.

I got an idea, lets hold the next Mafia meet at Ryan's house! The Mafia will take care of him for ya....

Ryans323i
01-18-2012, 02:21 PM
hopefully a decent ending to all this.......but heck change the locks on the garage and banish him........
Tim

I'd love to lock him out of the garage, but my fiance has a thing about "family"......

Ryan. Sorry to hear, love your car. Please keep us posted.

Thanks JR. I will.

Sorry to hear about your car. Clay bar will take it off ask me how I know.

I got an idea, lets hold the next Mafia meet at Ryan's house! The Mafia will take care of him for ya....

So how do you know? :)

WOLFN8TR
01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I had a 88 Toyota 4x4 years ago and decided to paint the axles and frame. I was entering it in a Auto show. Long story short there was over spray all over the truck, I always learn the hard way.

Ryans323i
01-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the story!

Ryans323i
02-25-2012, 05:54 AM
*Update

Since I finally got all my detailing supplies in and we were having awesome weather it was time to get started.

Washed the car and started clay baring. Finished clay baring the next day and got an after wash in. I took pictures of the car before and after, but it doesn't show the difference, but I also got some pics of the clay during the process. Yuck.

Most of the clay looked like this.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/1-3.jpg

But when I got to the roof, it got really bad.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/2-3.jpg

Today I'll be getting out the PC and shinning her up!

WOLFN8TR
02-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Wow a bit dirty. Baby smooth now! Post some pics when washed and waxed.

danewilson77
02-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Wow a bit dirty. Baby smooth now! Post some pics when washed and waxed.

Not dirty. "Painty"... Lol

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

WOLFN8TR
02-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Oh ya I forgot...Ha Ha.

Ryans323i
02-25-2012, 08:27 AM

My suggestion:
Medium Grade Clay Bar
Latex gloves

Just a note of what clay bar I used.

I took this advice and looked into higher grade clay kits. I found a thing called "Clayblock" on chemical guys. It looked awesome, and easier, so I ordered it. I had also picked up the Meguiars clay kit suggested.

I began claying with the clayblock. It felt like I was wet sanding, but I pushed on. I did the whole hood and trunk lid. And in areas it looks like I lightly wet sanded. I wasn't worried because I plan on doing some paint correction, I have some scratches, swirls, and spiderwebs. But I did stop with the clayblock and continue with the Meguiars. It was much easier to use IMO. Yes there's a lot of kneading and reshaping the clay, but it felt better and I was able to see what I was pulling off the car.

I went back over the hood and the trunk with the Meguiars clay and there wasn't anything else to pull off so the clayblock did work. And it was quicker with the clayblock, it only took 5-6 passes. The Meguiars clay took a lot of passes, more than 20 I'd say. But again, the clayblock made the car look like I had very lightly wet sanded. And, yes, I used a ton of lube on the car and on the block, and repeatedly rinsed the block with clean water, as advised.

I also only clayed the car "once" per say. But I would clay an area until it glided easily across the surface, wipe the area dry w/ a micro fiber towel, kneed the clay to a clean spot, then lube and clay again, and continued this process until the clay pulled up clean. Took usually 2 times, the roof took 4 times.

WOLFN8TR
02-25-2012, 08:34 AM
I used the Meguiars Clay bar kit and it worked really well. My hood and roof were the worst. It's amazing how much crap is on the paint you can't see.
Good to here it's coming off Ryan. How's your Brother-inlaw?

Ryans323i
02-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Still alive and living close. :(

WOLFN8TR
02-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Bummer :facepalm

Ryans323i
02-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Some pics. Still not completely done. I've got the hood, roof, and trunk lid "polished. I'm not completely happy with the results. I used what I had in the cabinet and it's just not doing what I want it to, going order M105 & M205 and redo.

What the clayblock did to the hood.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/PaintClayblock.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/Paintclayblock2.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/paintclayblock3.jpg

And some after shots.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/After2.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/After1.jpg

I used:
3M Perfect It Rubbing Compound - Orange Pad
3M Perfect It Machine Polish - Green Pad
3M Perfect It Machine Polish - White Pad
Zaino Z-5 Pro - By Hand
Zaino Z-2 Pro- By Hand

There's still very light spider webbing. I believe I need another step between the 3M Machine Polish and the Zaino. So many people swear by the M105/M205 combo that I'll order and redo.

danewilson77
02-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Looks delicious.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

cakM3
02-28-2012, 05:47 AM
The M105 is one of the best compounds I have ever used....swear by this.

Here's a good how-to from detailed image on how to use this compound. http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/polishing-how-to-with-meguiars-m105-m205/ (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/polishing-how-to-with-meguiars-m105-m205/)

I think you will really love the final results Ryan :thumbsup

Ryans323i
02-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the comments, they're much appreciated. That tutorial is excellent!

WOLFN8TR
02-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Looks pretty good.

Did the clay bar scratch the paint, kinda hard to tell from the photos.

Ryans323i
02-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Looks pretty good.

Did the clay bar scratch the paint, kinda hard to tell from the photos.

I used a "Clayblock" that I got from Chemical Guys, See Here (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Clay_Bar_Alternative_Elastrofoam_Clay_Block_p/clay_block_kit.htm), on the hood and trunk. While I was using it, it felt like I was wet sanding even with a ton of Lube and constantly rinsing the block. (I went through the whole bottle of lube that comes with it on just those two areas.) In the close up shots you can see the swirls and spiderwebs that were already there, but the other marks are the "marring" the clayblock left. Those marks easily came off when I buffed, but I still don't like that it happened and I will not be using the clayblock again.

M0nk3y
02-28-2012, 07:56 AM
The marring from the Clay is completely normal, you're taking an abrasive surface, rubbing it up against and picking up paint and then rubbing that paint all over the car. This is going to happen with ANY clay, it's an abrasive product. Whenever you clay, you must polish unless you'll be left with marring.

As for the polishing, how long did you do it on each panel? Did the polish turn completely clear before you wiped? How much polish did you use per area?

I'm in love with M105/205, I haven't used 3M so I can't put my .02 cents about that

cakM3
02-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Ryan, I would recommend getting the Meguiars M105/205 compounds and first ensure the area you will be working on is completely cleaned off. Then start with M105 and a good buffing pad (M0nk3y can chime in here as he is good with detailing) and go over your car one section at a time. Do not rush this process....take your time and after buffing use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe the area clean. Repeat this process until you have a nice surface. Then go to the M205 and go over the same area and wipe....

Although I did not use M205 I have heard lots of success using this process. On my ZHP, I went from M105 to Show Car Glaze M7, and then Blackfire Wet Diamond (edited) sealer but I still have fine scratches to get out so I will be looking to stock up on some detail items to bring with me to do more detailing while at Dane's...:) I'm rushing a bit since I'm trying to get things done to head out to the airport to catch my ride to Washington DC this afternoon....I will think about more and repost unless I got beat to it...:)

M0nk3y
02-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Ryan, I would recommend getting the Meguiars M105/205 compounds and first ensure the area you will be working on is completely cleaned off. Then start with M105 and a good buffing pad (M0nk3y can chime in here as he is good with detailing) and go over your car one section at a time. Do not rush this process....take your time and after buffing use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe the area clean. Repeat this process until you have a nice surface. Then go to the M205 and go over the same area and wipe....

Although I did not use M205 I have heard lots of success using this process. On my ZHP, I went from M105 to Show Car Glaze M7, and then Black Rain sealer but I still have fine scratches to get out so I will be looking to stock up on some detail items to bring with me to do more detailing while at Dane's...:) I'm rushing a bit since I'm trying to get things done to head out to the airport to catch my ride to Washington DC this afternoon....I will think about more and repost unless I got beat to it...:)

You're going to get beat because I got nothing else better to do here ;)

Ryan,

What pads are you using right now? LCC? After each section you polish, are you spurring the pad to make sure you get the built-up polish off the pad? The more and more you polish, the crud starts to gather on the pad. If you skip this, you'll loose cutting ability, and you won't get the correction you desire.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I might have some M105/205 extra that I can throw into a bottle and send it your way. You can experiment with it and see if it really helps, and you can go from there with ordering larger quantities. I don't know if I'll have enough, as I use this alot...but I know for a fact I can ship you Menzerna SIP and 106FF to try out. It's little more touchy (and likes to dust more) but once you get the hang of it the results are nice.

Let me know.

cakM3
02-28-2012, 12:46 PM

Awesome, I was hoping you would get into this :thumbsup It's nice to see everyone with skills willing to help each other out :wub

Ryan,

If by the time of the reunion you are still not happy with the results, I will be bringing my detailing gear and I'm sure there will be others (ahem, Dane, know anyone?) who will be willing to help you out :thumbsup

M0nk3y
02-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Awesome, I was hoping you would get into this :thumbsup It's nice to see everyone with skills willing to help each other out :wub

Ryan,

If by the time of the reunion you are still not happy with the results, I will be bringing my detailing gear and I'm sure there will be others (ahem, Dane, know anyone?) who will be willing to help you out :thumbsup

If I wasn't going to be on vacation. I would be there :(

mLuMaN83
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Glad to see you got all that worked out. Paint looks incredible.

nike001
02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Ah man, I get more and more mad for not being able to attend the reunion. I need a detailing aid SO bad.

Newjack
02-28-2012, 01:27 PM
dat reflection :drool
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/After2.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/After1.jpg

Good work Ryan!

Ryans323i
02-29-2012, 05:31 AM

Ryan,

What pads are you using right now? LCC? After each section you polish, are you spurring the pad to make sure you get the built-up polish off the pad? The more and more you polish, the crud starts to gather on the pad. If you skip this, you'll loose cutting ability, and you won't get the correction you desire.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I might have some M105/205 extra that I can throw into a bottle and send it your way. You can experiment with it and see if it really helps, and you can go from there with ordering larger quantities. I don't know if I'll have enough, as I use this alot...but I know for a fact I can ship you Menzerna SIP and 106FF to try out. It's little more touchy (and likes to dust more) but once you get the hang of it the results are nice.

Let me know.

I'm using Hex Logic Pads from Chemical Guys, here (https://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BUF_HEXKITS_9DA).

I'm not spurring the pad, but I did wash after the buffing the hood and again after the trunk. ( I got the hood, trunk and roof done)

I used, what I felt, was an exorbitant amount of product, and I would work it until it went clear. Then I'd wipe, use a LED light to check the result and redo if I wasn't happy. I could see a few (3 that I recall specifically, but couldn't feel with my nail) scratches that I was missing, but I didn't want to "cut" too much. It wasn't until I was done that I noticed the faint spider webbing that remained.

I'm willing to try and accept any product you recommend and would like to send me. The 3M products I used dusted up a ton. I am for sure going to order the M105 & M205, so no need to send me that. I'll order the 8oz bottles first, just in case I don't like them.

@ Charlie
Thanks for post #47, you answered my question I PM'd you. I didn't read this until after it was sent. I can buy the M7 locally and would like to continue my detailing sooner than later. Does the M7 have any cutting ability and/or filling? Will it help with the spider webbing?

I also can't find any info on the Black Rain Sealer, where do you buy it?

Thanks everyone for the complements and the help. It's very much appreciated!

cakM3
02-29-2012, 06:15 AM
Ryan,

Not Black Rain as I posted earlier (sorry!)....busy day - brain scattered...:) Its Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection sealer. Here's the link: http://www.detailedimage.com/Blackfire-M32/Wet-Diamond-P205/16-oz-S1/ (http://www.detailedimage.com/Blackfire-M32/Wet-Diamond-P205/16-oz-S1/)

"Does the M7 have any cutting ability and/or filling? Will it help with the spider webbing?" This is more a polish so it won't "cut" like 105/205 will. More like what you will use just before putting a good wax on (doesn't really provide filling like a good wax does). Sometimes I will use Zymol after using Show Car Glaze and then seal the surface with Blackfire Wet Diamond. Not sure if this is right but I get good results as shown in my project thread :) I have found that Show Car Glaze will really bring out the depth you are looking for, which is why Steve calls my ///M "Liquid Mercury" :)

Ryans323i
02-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks Charlie!

cakM3
02-29-2012, 06:37 AM
anytime Ryan! :thumbsup

Lucy is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see her in person :)

Ryans323i
02-29-2012, 06:38 AM
You guys make me so nervous. I hope she's everything you expect.

cakM3
02-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Nothing to be nervous about Ryan. My ZHP will still have some "dents" on the driver's side when I drive down. Not because I like them, but its about priorities. I am focusing on so many other things with my ZHP as I have detailed them in my project thread. So many things I want sorted out and money only goes so far..:)

I'm sure Lucy will be awesome and you will be getting tons of complements....you'll see :p