PDA

View Full Version : ZHPMafia.com is now Forum Runner enabled

Marcus-SanDiego
12-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Just another tool so that you can enjoy your ZHPMafia.com experience. Thanks, Jon, for making the suggestion.

See official announcement here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?627-ZHPMafia.com-is-now-Forum-Runner-enabled!).

kayger12
12-29-2010, 09:48 AM
I already purchased and am test driving it as I write this so I can see whether I like this better than Tapatalk.

So far, I like the message push with Forum Runner, but I like the UI and usability of Tapatalk better.

I'll give it a few days...

Mark- in looking at some of the online reviews, some people with ipads and admin responsibilities seem to prefer Forum runner. Might be worth checking out.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Absolutely. I am going to install it on my iPad. Will let you know what I think of it.

The addition of Forum Runner gives the users of ZHP Mafia yet another way to enjoy the site.

Can't lose.

Thanks, Keith.

Jon D
12-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Thank you sir..

Marcus-SanDiego
12-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Thank you sir..

I like this better than tapatalk-- at least for iPad. It's a game changer for me.

Jon D
12-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Yes I like it on the iPad and iPhone it's easy to use.

kayger12
12-29-2010, 10:53 AM
So far, for Android at least, I think Tapatalk is the better tool.

I also might not be finding some tools/features, though.

With Tapatalk, I like the UI where I have the option of seeing just unread threads, or just threads in which I've participated (regardless of forum). Is there a similar feature on FR that I'm not seeing?

Marcus-SanDiego
12-29-2010, 11:12 AM
With the iPad application, I have a "current" view, which allows me to see active forums from this morning.

I also have a "forums" view, which gives me the entire view of the forum. I hit refresh and it lights up the icon, telling me which forum has a new post.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-29-2010, 03:36 PM
So here is the biggest difference between tapatalk and forumrunner: forumrunner is an iPad application whereas tapatalk is optimized for iPhone. I get the entire screen to work with on iPad. What's more, I really enjoy the navigation features of forumrunner.

It would be a tossup if there was a tapatalk iPad app.

kayger12
12-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Seemed like FR was a great option for the ipad from the reviews I read. The Android app is definitely less convenient to use than Tapatalk.

Tapatalk gives you one page access to unread posts. With FR, I have to look for the highlighted forum (indicating new post), click into the forum, then click into the subforum where applicable, and then finally click into the thread-- way too many steps- that's a deal breaker for me.

Ttalk also gives me that one page list of posts in which I've participated which is a nice way of tracking a thread as well.

I'll keep FR on the phone though, hopefully they'll improve with subsequent software updates.

Glad it's working out well for your ipad--

Marcus-SanDiego
12-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Yep. Good thing is that the site should have something for everyone.

Winner all around.

kayger12
12-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Absolutely.

Rayzah Blade
12-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Anyone running this on their iPhone yet? I'm currently running TapaTalk , and love it, but if FR has a better UI, I'm all for it.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Matt, I am running it on iPad. I imagine the UI is dang similar. It's $1.99 to download. Give it a shot.

zhpnsnv
01-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Ok ok ok ok I feel stupid. Tapatalk? Forum runner? Huh?

Educate me, sirs.

danewilson77
01-04-2011, 08:14 AM
^Tapatak is a program you can use on your Droid to facilitate faster browser reading...

Only uploads what is necessary to read the forum...

Marcus-SanDiego
01-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Ok ok ok ok I feel stupid. Tapatalk? Forum runner? Huh?

Educate me, sirs.

These are bare-bones applications, using Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Droid, etc., that make browsing the site easy and fast.

Because I have an iPad, I use Forum Runner when I am away from the house or a desktop computer. Forum Runner really takes advantage of my iPad's real estate. I imagine it's similar for iPhone users.

Tapatalk, meanwhile, is probably better geared toward the Droid -- though I cannot confirm, since I do not use the Droid to browse the forum.

Both apps are less than $3. Well worth the price to browse the site using those apps.

billschusteriv
01-04-2011, 10:55 AM
FYI - I found Tapatalk free for Blackberry on tapatalk's website. I didn't go to the apps store.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Yep. Tapatalk is free for Blackberry users.

zhpnsnv
01-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Which is best for iphone?

Marcus-SanDiego
01-04-2011, 12:24 PM
I use iPad and love Forum Runner. I'd think that iPhone and Forum Runner would work well together.