PDA

View Full Version : Any members around the Kennedy space center?

M3TA5IN
02-13-2012, 06:33 AM
I have to go do some work at the space center in Melbourne, fl the week of the 27th. Any pointers on things to do around there?

zj96sc
02-13-2012, 06:46 AM
stick around to catch a shuttle lau.......ohhh too soon.

:(

328ioc
02-21-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm in Melbourne and honestly there is not a whole lot to do other than Dink and usually drink more. But if you in town all week and are bored I wouldn't be opposed to meeting another Mafia member for lunch or something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

danewilson77
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm in Melbourne and honestly there is not a whole lot to do other than Dink and usually drink more. But if you in town all week and are bored I wouldn't be opposed to meeting another Mafia member for lunch or something.

Welcome

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Hermes
02-21-2012, 05:59 PM

Nice to see you made it over, be sure to start a new member thread

M3TA5IN
02-21-2012, 06:12 PM

Oh thanks man, the plans actually got switch because I have to be at a meeting in Maryland Wednesday. I'm flying in Monday morning, getting familiar with the system, giving a brief all day Tuesday and flying home that night.

I would of met up but I'm in and out this time. I might be down next month for a couple weeks though. I'll let you know.

328ioc
02-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh thanks man, the plans actually got switch because I have to be at a meeting in Maryland Wednesday. I'm flying in Monday morning, getting familiar with the system, giving a brief all day Tuesday and flying home that night.

I would of met up but I'm in and out this time. I might be down next month for a couple weeks though. I'll let you know.

No problem, I will be here lol. I might be able to get my buddy to leave his zhp home one day and bring out his Inka 2002 for a mini meet.

328ioc
02-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Nice to see you made it over, be sure to start a new member thread

Thanks man, I just stared one a few mins ago.

UdubBadger
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Cody - 4 words

Ron.Jon.Surf.Shop

kayger12
02-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Cody - 4 words

Ron.Jon.Surf.Shop

This- the original is 15 minutes from my house- and nowhere near as cool as the ones there.

Great place to have local growing up, though.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

328ioc
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
This- the original is 15 minutes from my house- and nowhere near as cool as the ones there.

Great place to have local growing up, though.

I have to respectfully disagree. Surf Unlimited in ship bottom is where its at. Ron Jon is a tourist trap.

UdubBadger
02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
^----- TOURIST!

J/K

my dad took me there a few times, it's cool when you don't get to be surrounded by surfing on a daily basis. I wanna go surf the inlet sometime - maybe rub elbows with KS (of course he's probably riding some exotic wave in Fiji instead).

328ioc
02-21-2012, 08:21 PM
it's cool when you don't get to be surrounded by surfing on a daily basis. I wanna go surf the inlet sometime.

Touche, I can see how its a cool place if you don't live near any of it, and if you are in the inlet look out for those large grey things with sharp teeth. They tend to hang out here alot......

UdubBadger
02-21-2012, 08:39 PM
yeah, last time i was in cocoa beach surfing a kid had a finger bitten off by one of dem shark thingies. i haven't been back since. I was lucky enough to surf waikiki this summer though, it was the wifes 1st time, so much fun.

328ioc
02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
yeah, last time i was in cocoa beach surfing a kid had a finger bitten off by one of dem shark thingies. i haven't been back since. I was lucky enough to surf waikiki this summer though, it was the wifes 1st time, so much fun.

Yeah I surfed in Maui a few years a go it was awesome.

UdubBadger
02-21-2012, 08:42 PM
oh and I always loved this statistic...

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/fish/dangerous-place-shark-attack10.htm
http://animals.howstuffworks.com/fish/dangerous-place-shark-attack5.htm

kayger12
02-22-2012, 02:54 AM
I have to respectfully disagree. Surf Unlimited in ship bottom is where its at. Ron Jon is a tourist trap.

Lol, yeah, I'm not talking now. I'm a lil but older than you.

Talking mid 80's.

I haven't touched a board in a long, long time.

SU had a rabid following even back then, though.

Hermes
02-22-2012, 03:03 AM
I haven't touched a board in a long, long time.

Same here. I live maybe 5 minutes from Windansea (near where Casey's beach pics are taken) and haven't surfed in probably about 10 years. It was much easier when we ditched class and walked to the beach in HS, now I have responsibilities and hours spent at the beach are not as important to me

328ioc
02-22-2012, 04:57 AM
Hahahaha yeah sadly I have not stepped foot in Surf Unlimited or on that Island for that matter since my cousin sold it a few Years. The business was in the family since my Dads aunt opened it and my cousin sold it before anyone else in the family aka me was old enough to take it over. SOOOOO PISSED

static667
02-22-2012, 07:52 AM
I'll be in the Merritt Island / Cocoa area in late April. Going to be doing some fishing and chilling. What's up?

Brought to you by sci-fi level technology and Tapatalk.

kayger12
02-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Hahahaha yeah sadly I have not stepped foot in Surf Unlimited or on that Island for that matter since my cousin sold it a few Years. The business was in the family since my Dads aunt opened it and my cousin sold it before anyone else in the family aka me was old enough to take it over. SOOOOO PISSED

That SUCKS!!! Talk about a gold mine.