PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance time Version 2.0 (OFHG, CCV, belts)

RVAzhp
02-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Just ordered all the parts from ECS tuning, great customer service. If you by the M54 Oil separator kit, the throttle body gasket in the stage 2 kit, actually isn't the right part number. they do have the right one there (13547504729-from real OEM) and the replaced it in the kit for me and updated my cart. The two gaskets are interchangeable; however, the -729 one is a few bucks cheaper.

if you guys have any advice, or would like to make a trip down to chesapeake to help out, let me know. currently in the car is on ramps and partially taken apart at my parents house waiting on this stuff. didn't see any reason to put it back together until i replaced everything.

RVAzhp
02-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Since this is your first order with ECS Tuning if you would like it shipped to a different address then the billing address we will require a wire transfer as payment. If you agree to us sending it to your billing address we will be able to continue processing your order using your credit card for payment. Please let me know which way you would like your order to be processed.

Thank you.

--

Chris Berlin
ECS Tuning Billing Department

Anyone else received this e-mail before...what the F*&*? I've never encountered this before. I live in Richmond, VA and i'm trying to have them shipped to my parents house in Chesapeake, VA (where the car sits). But, I guess that's not possible....

aurelius
02-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Certain types of retailers must do this to protect themselves from scammers using stolen credit card info.

Their agreement with their credit card processor is such that if they ship anywhere other than verifiable billing address and the charge is later denied, a retailer like ECS is not protected and they absorb the loss 100%.

danewilson77
02-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Anyone else received this e-mail before...what the F*&*? I've never encountered this before. I live in Richmond, VA and i'm trying to have them shipped to my parents house in Chesapeake, VA (where the car sits). But, I guess that's not possible....

Yes.....when I tried to buy some parts for my Bosses car....using his credit card....and having them shipped to my house...I encountered that.

danewilson77
02-15-2012, 11:22 AM

What is your order number..?

RVAzhp
02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
E#562840

just said ship it to Richmond, Hopefully it will all get here by next Friday.

telijah
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah, this practice has been on the rise for the last couple years. Some larger companies still offer shipping to a different address, but at the same time they pay a higher service fee with their payment vendors to cover losses this way.

danewilson77
02-15-2012, 11:45 AM
E#562840

just said ship it to Richmond, Hopefully it will all get here by next Friday.

OK....I was gonna call.....and vouch for you. Guess I won't.:)

RVAzhp
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Just a minor inconvenience. I look forward to the shipment and ordering more parts.

Thank you,

Anthony
Building Assessor, LEED AP

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Chris Berlin <cberlin@ecstuning.com> wrote:
We require the first order to be shipped to billing due to fraud. If someone uses your card they will want the order to be shipped to an address were they can get the order, therefore they will not be sending it to your billing address. Once you have established a history with us you will be able to ship to a different address, although we may call you to confirm that you have placed the order and do want it sent to a different address. This protects us and the card holder. I apologize for the inconvenience our policy has caused you.

Thank you for your business!

On 2/15/2012 12:42 PM, Anthony Garcia wrote:
Chris,

If this is the case, please ship it to my billing address. May I inquire as what is the reason to this? It seems odd? I live in Richmond, and my car is currently at my parents house in Chesapeake (also this address is my "permanent" address per taxes). If this was my "second" order would I be able to have the parts shipped to my the Chesapeake address and have it billed to my Richmond address?

Thank you,

Anthony
Building Assessor, LEED AP

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Chris Berlin <cberlin@ecstuning.com> wrote:
Since this is your first order with ECS Tuning if you would like it shipped to a different address then the billing address we will require a wire transfer as payment. If you agree to us sending it to your billing address we will be able to continue processing your order using your credit card for payment. Please let me know which way you would like your order to be processed.

Thank you.
--

Chris Berlin
ECS Tuning Billing Department

RVAzhp
02-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Update- everything went back together. longest most drawn out process ever. putting the CCV back in is a royal pain the ass. getting it out was "Easy" as we just broke the thing in half. oil filter housing was relatively easy, but the alternator was a bit of a hassle going back on. a little love and we eventually got it.

Comments.
-BMW performance shift knob is AWESOME. go get you one.

-I'm glad i had the oil filter housing and everything out when i did the CCV swap, the little extra room helped.

-oil goes a lot of places...

-pbr is perfect for working on cars.

-it's hard to wear gloves while working on the car. there are so many bolts and shit in hard-to see/reach places you definitely need the "feel" of no gloves to not lose anything.

- bmw M-stripes look good.

PS- pictures to come, didn't take too many, but i did take a few.