PDA

View Full Version : Which E9X ZCP style wheels will fit??

nickershocker
02-17-2012, 02:17 PM
It has taken a little while, but I have a vision for some mods for my ZHP. I'm not looking to do a lot, but wheels are on my list and probably the most expensive thing I want to do. I want E9X ZCP style wheels. There are few options:

1. Avant Garde M359 (http://www.modbargains.com/Avant-Garde-M359-Wheels-Matte-Black-BMW.htm) Will any of these fitments work on a ZHP sedan, stock suspension? If not, are any sizes worth trying to get to work?

2. China knock-offs (http://www.modbargains.com/M3-Competition-Style-Wheels-Silver.htm) Also, available on ebay...I kind of assume they are all the same.

3. The real deal (http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=874023&siteid=214672&catalogid=4462)

This would be the first car that I've changed the stock wheels. Will I have fitment issues in the rear with all of these? Mafia wheel masters can I get any of the above to work? If so, which route is best? easiest? Are there other options that I am missing?

Thank you so much.

Crickett
02-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Play around on willtheyfit.com (http://willtheyfit.com); all you need are:

1. The specs of your current wheels (225/40ZR18 8x18" ET47 front, 255/35ZR18 8.5x18" ET50 rear)
2. The amount of free space between current wheels & fenders (usually 10 – 20 mm on a stock suspension ZHP w/135Ms)
3. The specs of your hypothetical new wheels

danewilson77
02-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Na shame in those Avant Garde's. The ET35's should work great.

mimalmo
02-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I'd do suspension first. Otherwise 19's with stock suspension looks a bit 4x4ish.

nickershocker
02-17-2012, 06:43 PM
I'd do suspension first. Otherwise 19's with stock suspension looks a bit 4x4ish.

Alright, so let's say I do the Avant Garde 19x9 et35 all around. What do you recommend to get looking less 4x4ish? Do I just need springs? I want to do this right...but in a somewhat budget friendly way if possible. Your setups looked awesome on your zhp. I very much appreciate your help.

danewilson77
02-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Alright, so let's say I do the Avant Garde 19x9 et35 all around. What do you recommend to get looking less 4x4ish? Do I just need springs? I want to do this right...but in a somewhat budget friendly way if possible. Your setups looked awesome on your zhp. I very much appreciate your help.

Cupkit

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

mimalmo
02-17-2012, 07:24 PM

You can do springs but then you'll need shocks shortly afterwards as the OEM shock/strut valving isn't setup for shorter springs. I'd look into affordable coilovers for maximum adjustability.

Buy nice or buy twice.

nickershocker
02-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks Dane. I have never heard of a cup kit. Going to do a little more research, but probably looks like the right way to go. It doesn't seem like the touring cup lowers all that much...should I be thinking sport cup? Or is that too aggressive? Maybe I'll poke around and try to find some photos.

nickershocker
02-17-2012, 07:36 PM
You can do springs but then you'll need shocks shortly afterwards as the OEM shock/strut valving isn't setup for shorter springs. I'd look into affordable coilovers for maximum adjustability.

Buy nice or buy twice.

You like the cup kit? It seems like I'm in for much over a grand if I do coilovers, Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

mimalmo
02-17-2012, 07:45 PM
I prefer coilovers for the most flexibility in ride height. It helps a TON when you're messing with different wheels, tires, ride heights, etc, etc...

UdubBadger
02-17-2012, 09:04 PM
^ listen to this guy. His nickname is "stance"

Crickett
02-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Thanks Dane. I have never heard of a cup kit. Going to do a little more research, but probably looks like the right way to go. It doesn't seem like the touring cup lowers all that much...should I be thinking sport cup? Or is that too aggressive? Maybe I'll poke around and try to find some photos.

The H&R Touring Cup Kit is pretty well liked around here (IIRC) for a ride that's very close to original with just a touch moar lowerz. :thumbsup

Mtnman
02-18-2012, 08:41 AM
I have the cup kit. I like it. If I had the $, id get coilovers, but to close the front gap and ride well, the hr cup touring is perfect. I like my stance now much better.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk