PDA

View Full Version : Ryan's Black ZHP Build

Ryan_Miami_ZHP
02-22-2012, 08:17 AM
I spent 4 months looking for this girl and she has treated me great thus far. I have completed all the cosmetic work I wanted to do. Next will be performance...CAI, Exhaust, Headers, and Chip. Updates will follow. Check the pics below
:rockon

Ryan_Miami_ZHP
02-22-2012, 08:25 AM
If anybody is curious about Plasti-Dip...that is what I used to paint my wheels. If you are not satisfied with the results you can just peel it right off. I just did it this past weekend. Let's see how long it lasts?

Hermes
02-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Looks good, nice to see you come out of lurker status. Keep it up and hang out here. Personally I'm not a fan of murdered out but on your's it doesn't look that bad

BTW, do you have a pinstripe?

M3TA5IN
02-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Loving the black man!

Ryan_Miami_ZHP
02-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks...and yes there is a pinstripe on there.

Johnny330zhp
02-22-2012, 09:12 AM
wow looks nice, if I had your car I would black out my headlights and tail lights, Ive still been thinking of doing it even tho I'm Imola but idk yet. Are you going to black out ur emblems for your rims too?

nike001
02-22-2012, 09:15 AM
If anybody is curious about Plasti-Dip...that is what I used to paint my wheels. If you are not satisfied with the results you can just peel it right off. I just did it this past weekend. Let's see how long it lasts?

FWIW, I plasti-dipped my rims in the fall of 2010 for my winter rims. They were going REALLY strong until I put a new coat on before this fall to 'touch up' a few spots..and that only made it worse. The top layer is all peeling but my initial layer seems to be holding strong.

wow looks nice, if I had your car I would black out my headlights and tail lights, Ive still been thinking of doing it even tho I'm Imola but idk yet. Are you going to black out ur emblems for your rims too?

Don't give him ideas. His car is 'blacked out' enough IMO. Plus, this whole murdered look has been dead. Please don't black out your tails on your imola. Your car needs contrast.. like clears.

Ryan_Miami_ZHP
02-22-2012, 09:20 AM
FWIW, I plasti-dipped my rims in the fall of 2010 for my winter rims. They were going REALLY strong until I put a new coat on before this fall to 'touch up' a few spots..and that only made it worse. The top layer is all peeling but my initial layer seems to be holding strong.

Don't give him ideas. His car is 'blacked out' enough IMO. Plus, this whole murdered look has been dead. Please don't black out your tails on your imola. Your car needs contrast.. like clears.

Yeah I've already had to peel it off and reapply...it's a pain but better that overlapping.

I'm keeping the headlights and taillights as is. I can't find black wheel emblems...any clue?

nike001
02-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah I've already had to peel it off and reapply...it's a pain but better that overlapping.

I'm keeping the headlights and taillights as is. I can't find black wheel emblems...any clue?

Stickers. That's likely what are on your hood/trunk/wheel emblems already

Ryan_Miami_ZHP
02-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Stickers. That's likely what are on your hood/trunk/wheel emblems already

The emblems on my trunk/hood/steering wheel are the actual emblems. I got them from Khoalty and I just looked there and they have the same emblems for the wheels. They didn't when I ordered them last year.

Johnny330zhp
02-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Wow so thos aren't the stickers? See I wanted to change my emblems but did not want to do the sticker upgrade, so i was doing some research and found these carbon fiber emblems on beast power.com, bought the whole set of 7, but if I found the ones you have in an actual replacement emblem I totally would have gotten yours. So I think you should just do the sticker upgrade to black for your rims, no one is going to look at your rims close enough to know there not actual emblems, and for the people who are saying the totally blacked look is dead.... It might be but while your already pretty deep into that look you might as well finish it off with the wheel emblems. I think its gonna look really sick with the black rims, and as for blacked out headlights I have yet to see it on an e46, it seems to me that your car would be perfect for it, you can by vinyl headlight skins, before you had to buy tail light paint and spray the tint on but now its better

danewilson77
02-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Looking good.

johnrando
02-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Just caught up with this. I'm surprised how nice the black 135s look on black, nice work. Feel free to post pics in our black zhp gallery section too.