PDA

View Full Version : Clear side markers - best deal?

Washburn
02-25-2012, 09:53 PM
I would like to get some clear side markers to replace the amber ones in the bumper...
I see so many on ebay, and other places but also read a lot about them not fitting well, etc etc...

So what's a good place to get them, for a reasonable price, but still get good fitment?

I am only interested in clear ones, not body color/painted.
(05 facelift coupe)

Thanks I.A.

danewilson77
02-26-2012, 05:31 AM
Best is to get the Euro's at TMS.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Washburn
02-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks
But those are the complete housing with bulbs, right? I only need the lenses, really.
Or do they also have just the lenses?

(If i did go with the full housings, how does one remove the complete housing? does one have to remove the whole bumper ??)

danewilson77
02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm confused about what you need now. Most lense/light kits do not come with bulbs.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Washburn
02-26-2012, 05:29 PM
This is what I was looking at:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1058-oem-e46-coupeconvertible-clear-side-markers-pair.aspx

That looks like the whole thing with housing and bulbs...I was wondering if there's a way to just change the amber LENS (outer cover..)

danewilson77
02-26-2012, 05:31 PM
This is what I was looking at:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1058-oem-e46-coupeconvertible-clear-side-markers-pair.aspx

That looks like the whole thing with housing and bulbs...I was wondering if there's a way to just change the amber LENS (outer cover..)

No. You have to buy the whole housing. Bulbs most likely are not included. Those would be great.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Washburn
02-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh ok...i guess pics on most sites mislead me, as they only show the front (face side of lens) , and never show the side/rear of it...
Hmmm...So I guess whomever i buy them from, i can change the bulbs to stealth bulbs too... (?) so they look clear but light up amber?
I don't want an unlit factory amber bulb being visible through the clear lens after I change them...that might look weird..

danewilson77
02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh ok...i guess pics on most sites mislead me, as they only show the front (face side of lens) , and never show the side/rear of it...
Hmmm...So I guess whomever i buy them from, i can change the bulbs to stealth bulbs too... (?) so they look clear but light up amber?
I don't want an unlit factoryamber bulb being visible through the clear lens after I change them...that might look weird..

Yessir. Go stealth.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT