PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Dynavin clone?

telijah
02-29-2012, 06:20 AM
Found this link through another site: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/519290879/Android_car_dvd_player_pc_system.html

Was posted on e46f (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=896677). Some there seem to think this may be made by the same company that makes the Dynavin unit. It's specs are a little better than the Dynavin too, but for a fraction of the cost of the Dynavin.

What do you guys think?

zj96sc
02-29-2012, 06:28 AM
So..$450 vs $899? I still haven't heard anything that convincing about either.

UdubBadger
02-29-2012, 07:43 AM
probably what I was sold through Ottonavi.com, thing freezes more than a glacier.

ryankokesh
02-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Can you send yours back or something?

UdubBadger
02-29-2012, 07:51 AM
they're gonna send me a replacement in early March

ryankokesh
02-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Also, I'd be a little leery of it. The dynavin is cheap (as in cheaply made) as it is... not sure I'd go cheaper. That's just me though.

UdubBadger
02-29-2012, 07:57 AM
or you could say, if you're gonna go cheap why not pay 1/2 price?

ryankokesh
02-29-2012, 08:01 AM
You could say that...

How'd anyone find the price on there?

telijah
02-29-2012, 09:47 AM
I suppose if you're already registered with Alibaba, you may automatically see the price, but either way there is a way to contact the seller without being a member to check the price. I think Dynavin's is likely more expensive as they're reselling a product manufactured by someone else, and may be a bit more inflated if Dynavin paid for customizations to their "version"...

jayjay_dee
02-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Looks like a legit Nav unit and actually better than Dynavin... I read all 28 pages from E46F and I think im sold...

Things are piling up on my list (in no particular order) :
- Coby Wheel
- Underdrive pulleys
- Fan removal/replacement
- Nav unit

and thanks for the link Telijah...

ryankokesh
02-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Cool! Does it have more features, or is it more the specs are better?

Pip
02-29-2012, 02:39 PM
After reading through the thread it looks like the wince is similar to the d95 and the android is similar to the d99 without a couple features. They seem to not have OBD and have an integrated blue tooth microphone instead of the external mic. The units are also missing wifi, which for me is fine. I'll update if I find anything out. I plan on calling one of the reps tonight.

Price on the wince version is stated on the website for PayPal, but it is something like $599. All the e46 users were stating purchase price of $320 for wince and $4xx for android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryankokesh
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
$320 is cheap

UdubBadger
02-29-2012, 05:32 PM
shit if its that cheap I'll jump on it as long as the damn iPod control doesn't freeze up every time I want to change playlists.

Pip
02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
shit if its that cheap I'll jump on it as long as the damn iPod control doesn't freeze up every time I want to change playlists.

Just received an email back after talking to Jolly on the phone. Price for the WIN CE version is $320. $10 additional for US Maps on an SD card and $70 shipping fee for DHL shipment. I'm asking about payment through PayPal since I don't really like the idea of Western Digital or T/T. Also keep in mind if this is something you were looking into you'd need to find the correct relocation unit depending on how your buttons are setup (individual or one row).

Single Row:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Hvac_Relocation/ES86653/

Individual Buttons:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/51167001408/ES82726/

Just looked at my car and of course I have the single row... Fail.

Pip
02-29-2012, 06:00 PM
I edited the above post with the correct links. The important part of the relocation kit is the rounded corners where the sunglasses tray used to be. With the reg. radio kit the sunglasses tray trim is flat and not round so when you replace the HVAC controls they do not fit as well and it doesn't look OEM because of the mismatch.

UdubBadger
02-29-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm already set up for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Bitches

Pip
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Sorry to continue to add to this thread when it already exists on e46f, but this is what I've gathered from email communication with Jolly:

Price of this unit is USD320/pc build in gps,usb,ipod,bluetooth,tv etc.

Optional function:usd10 for sd card with USA map;usd20 for backup camera.

Shipping cost to USA is USD70 by DHL.

Delivery time:About 3days after receiving your payment.

Payment method:Western Union or T/T.

The payment method is my biggest concern, but multiple individuals from e46f have already place orders and received them.

jayjay_dee
03-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Keep those info coming Pip...

How was the TV function?

Pip
03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Please note this is done at your risk.

So if you decide to pay via Western Union or T/T you'll need to contact Jolly or any customer service rep to create a Purchase Invoice (PI) with the company and your information that you'll use to transfer the money. If you use Western Union it is roughly $18USD for a transfer if you go to a local agent.

You would go to a local WU and fill out the transfer using the WU info for SZENCO:
First Name: Fenglei
Last Name: Zhang
City: Shenzhen

After you pay you need to communicate the MTCN, Payer first name (You) and Last name (You). After SZENCO checks with their WU with your information they will go pick up the money at a local branch. So they would ship after receiving payment.

Again the risk is up to you, but there have been multiple individuals to have received units on e46f. However I don't spend much time on e46f so I'm not sure of the legitimacy of the users.

Pip
03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Keep those info coming Pip...

How was the TV function?

I have not seen any reviews of the TV feature sorry.

UdubBadger
03-01-2012, 07:11 PM
damn that just sounds ultra shady

Pip
03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
It is definitely a risk. For what it's worth I have a friend who used to be a coworker that lives in China. I asked him to look at the company via his sites and see if they looked legit. He said they did so I'm going to take the plunge. Live by my mistakes to be safe. I would try to pick one up while I'm in China in a couple weeks, but it doesn't look like they have a retail store/I don't want to run all over trying to find this stupid thing when shipping isn't god awful.

UdubBadger
03-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Let me know how it goes

jayjay_dee
03-05-2012, 12:04 PM
I might be getting this...

I only need to sort my list...

any update?

Pip
03-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Alright, the update. I was side tracked by John's good deal on the H&R cup kit, but I've refocused. I don't really feel like messing with suspension because I'm just not that comfortable with it.

Anyways, I've been in contact with Jolly and I'm trying to see if I can get the unit shipped to my address in China while I'm there in two weeks. A lot has changed in the past week so I'm now going to China as well as Malaysia for work. I'll let you know what I find out tonight. I am used to the slow communication (different time zone), but it is frustrating because I'd rather just pass out or forget about technology when I get home not continue to talk to Asia via email.

johnrando
03-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Alright, the update. I was side tracked by John's good deal on the H&R cup kit, but I've refocused. I don't really feel like messing with suspension because I'm just not that comfortable with it.

Anyways, I've been in contact with Jolly and I'm trying to see if I can get the unit shipped to my address in China while I'm there in two weeks. A lot has changed in the past week so I'm now going to China as well as Malaysia for work. I'll let you know what I find out tonight. I am used to the slow communication (different time zone), but it is frustrating because I'd rather just pass out or forget about technology when I get home not continue to talk to Asia via email.

Choices, choices. Too bad we can't have it all NOW! :biggrin

jayjay_dee
03-06-2012, 08:35 AM
thanks for the update Pip...

I know theres a lot from E46F who bought it and was very happy with theirs, but i just want the info coming from somebody who owns the same car as me...

Pip
03-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Money was sent today. Jolly said she'd let me know when it was received and the unit shipped. Now I pray and once I'm back I'll give a proper review. Finding the time to make it to a bank was harder than I thought - made it my lunch break today.

UdubBadger
03-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Have safe travels and good luck

Pip
03-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Unit should arrive tomorrow or on Thursday. It just arrived to SF which was pretty quick. Now I just have to wait another week and a half :(

UdubBadger
03-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Lol patience young grasshopper

Pip
03-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Day 1 - not extremely happy because I'm missing a radio antenna adapter for '02 onwards. Looking into a RadioShack trip to create my own/emailed dynavin distributor to see how expensive the adapter is.

Functionality seems pretty good and I'll need to upload a video in a couple days. Navigation works, BT works for music but I haven't tried the phone yet because I don't get cell service at home. Slight buzz when nothing playing via BT but if you hit mute goes away. Also goes away when playing music. Seems to be a boost over the old stereo, but I'm still getting used to it. Overall not exactly what I was expecting, but I think it is on par with dynavin and offers everything I wanted I just need to learn to use it and need the radio cable.

Lastly I need to take off the labels near the knobs to make it look OEM.

UdubBadger
03-23-2012, 06:51 PM
cool, snap some pix when u get a chance. Mine has finally stopped freezing on me.

Pip
03-24-2012, 02:21 AM
I bought this: Metra 40-EU10 VW /BMW/Euro Car to Male Motorola Vehicle Antenna Adapter

I'll see if it works for my radio when it gets here. Only $10 with shipping.

jayjay_dee
03-24-2012, 06:11 AM
Cool...

Pip
03-24-2012, 04:47 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d8244a74-6abf-714c.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d8244a74-6ace-adac.jpg

Of course the antenna cable I posted about is the wrong fit so I'm trying to cancel the order and placed another one for the correct adapter. Probably shouldn't be buying things online at 2am.

UdubBadger
03-24-2012, 05:03 PM
LOL

well at least the fit/finish looks the same as they dynavin. hows functionality treating you?

Pip
03-24-2012, 05:47 PM
I really like that it automatically syncs up with BT and I can play music right away without having to dive into my pocket for my phone. I also like that there are not cables hanging around my car. Nav seems to work well and is picking me up, but didn't really buy it for that. I'm sure it'll come in handy when traveling outside my normal area. I like how it has picture in picture (PIP) for long trips using DVD. Plus that's my handle here at zhpmafia.

My gripes: no music info on the screen from the BT connection to my phone. I need to try out an iPod option, but that requires an iPod lol. If it had the info and navigation for iPod it might be something to look into.

Music gets slightly soft for a second when switching to navigation.

UdubBadger
03-24-2012, 05:50 PM
sounds good

jayjay_dee
03-25-2012, 06:33 AM
Did you get the backup camera?

Which one did you get, android or wince?

telijah
03-26-2012, 06:36 AM
I tried that Metra adapter when I upgraded to the MP3 playing stock deck. Ended up having to get the OEM adapter.

SureShot434
03-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Does this work with the iPhone?? O.o hehe

UdubBadger
03-26-2012, 07:33 PM
ya

Pip
03-28-2012, 03:35 PM
I did not get the backup camera. I got the wince version because I have the iPhone, plus just wanted BT, nav, DVD. Here is the adapter I got. I canceled the metro order for this one because it was supposed to work (haven't tested yet):
http://img.tapatalk.com/62d0673f-a017-7ffb.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/62d0673f-a023-185a.jpg

I'm going to go try and take it apart right now, but not much time.

Pip
03-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Success! Adapter works and provides clear AM and FM channels. GPS is working right now, but we'll see about that because I've been having issues or maybe I just don't know how to use it and need to read the manual. I hope I never have to pull out the air vents ever again - hard to do and I'm always scared I'm going to break them because of the awful noise.

Simple plug n play:
http://img.tapatalk.com/62d0673f-a7c6-beff.jpg

Showing location of GPS unit between air duct at the top:
http://img.tapatalk.com/62d0673f-a7e2-8216.jpg

UdubBadger
03-28-2012, 05:27 PM
looks familiar.

the stupid Otto Navi guy never got back to me. was supposed to send me a replacement unit cuz mine was freezing so much. of course he forgets to email me.

gr330zhp
03-29-2012, 04:11 AM
I also need the same FM antenna piece for my Dynavin. Installed it last May and there was not enough room for the wire and it eventually broke. Need to find this piece as well

carsontl
04-10-2012, 09:06 AM
you've had it for a while now pip, do you have a full gripe list? or was it worth the money? I've been eyeballing that d99 from dynavin but the price is wooooo

UdubBadger
04-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Don't buy from ottonavi they suck ass

Pip
04-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Simply in my opinion it was worth the $400. The HVAC relocation bracket cost made me cry, but the head unit was well worth it.

Good:
- BT syncs as I start the car (music and phone calls)
- touch is responsive
- nav works well once it recognizes your location
- night mode is cool because it turns off the screen when driving. The screen will stay off is you use the volume knobs but turn on if you use the steering wheel controls.
- nav night mode changes the color scheme when I turns dark out (based on time)
- music sounds great once you get the controls dialed in and seems to be more amped than the OEM radio. More bass so had to dial that back.

Gripe list:
- Navigation takes a little longer to recognize the satellite which is due to the receiver location (my fault).
- on startup it goes to whatever source it feels like but radio is at the push of a button.
- missing the radio cable needed for '02-'06 cars
- BT music sound quality isn't as great as CD or iPod plugged straight in.
- BT music is great but you don't see the music on the iPhone or contact list for phone calls so you still have to use the phone to dial out or select specific music
- it has frozen for 30 seconds to a minute once.
- in certain locations the radio fades out real quick (didn't happen with my OEM radio)

Night Mode

Std Mode

Nav Night Mode

UdubBadger
04-10-2012, 08:06 PM
well at least I know they ALL freeze

Pip
04-10-2012, 08:12 PM
well at least I know they ALL freeze

Yea lol. First time it happened I wanted to hit the thing because I didn't know what was going on and then it hit me based on your comments in the thread. It has only happened once that I've noticed. I'm sure it has prob happened other times but I'm just enjoying the music or just driving.

UdubBadger
04-10-2012, 08:17 PM
yeah. well mine freezes in iPod mode only. Had several times my phone rang and it wasn't synched for some reason but to be honest the Nav has worked pretty darn well for me. The screen sensitivity is something that gets me panties in a bunch because half the time I have to smash it and the other half if I push too hard it goes nuts on me and 4 steps too far.

whatever it is what it is. if the sound quality wasn't noticeably better than stock i would have probably returned it already and just got a garmin

jayjay_dee
04-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Ive been on the fence for the last month or so on this, cant get myself to buy one unless I see one in person.

There was this member from e46F who lives 15 minutes away from me that has the Enco-B146 and as an added bonus, his car is also a ZHP.
I sent him a pm on e46F hoping he would let me see his car and his navigation, no luck... If only he was a member of our familia, im confident
the outcome will be different.

Fast forward to last night, my cousin called me and told me he bought one for his e53 (after I told him about it) and he wants to show it to me...

After almost 30 minutes fiddling with it, im impressed, its not perfect, but what is? For its price, i say it is worth it...

and so tonight, i bought one from Jolly...

pictures and more review to follow once i get/install mine...

Pip, anything I should look out for? Ive reading this thread since the beginning, same with the thread in e46F...

carsontl
04-19-2012, 07:35 PM
i think pip mentioned the radio antenna

Pip
04-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Yea def need to buy an antenna adaptor if you have 02 - newer model car. I got mine on amazon for less than $10. I need some time to get a real review up on the site. Also place the gps antenna in another location other than specified by the dynavin install. I do not get the best signal buried in my dash. Next time I have the dash apart I'll be moving the antenna to a better location so my gps is useful.

Currently it takes 10min to get a signal and then it works perfectly, but with better placement I'm positive it would pick me up right away.

carsontl
04-19-2012, 09:00 PM
how long of a cable does it come with? can you redirect it to the rear window?

Pip
04-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Def not that long... I could find better placement in the dash or further up in the dash near the window maybe. I haven't taken a look at the suggested location, but I know the dynavin site has a guide that suggests a couple areas.

UdubBadger
04-20-2012, 01:19 AM
I did passenger side front corner of window and dash

ryankokesh
04-20-2012, 04:56 AM
There's a metal bar right behind and to the drivers side of the radio area that works really well...just magnet the antenna on and you're good to go. Kinda by the vents.

jayjay_dee
04-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Ryan, i think i read that info too on e46F, so thanks for confirming that its the best location... did you ever get the hvac relocation kit?

jayjay_dee
04-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Pip, how come the picture of the antenna adaptor from Amazon.com is different from the one you got?

Should the above work with my ZHP?

Pip
04-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Pip, how come the picture of the antenna adaptor from Amazon.com is different from the one you got?

Should the above work with my ZHP?

What year is your car? That looks like the wrong cable and mine cost about $3. It should have a male type RCA cable similar to the pic I've posted.

Pip
04-20-2012, 11:13 AM
I also bought the hvac relocation kit from the dealer. If you go that route remember some dealers with price match get close to ecs without shipping.

jayjay_dee
04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
I searched again at Amazon.com and found the one exactly like yours, thanks a lot Pip...

I will probably ask my friend who works at the dealer to hook me up for that relocation kit...

Now, the only missing link is the Enco-B146 itself... cant wait!!!

jayjay_dee
04-27-2012, 10:31 AM
DHL guy just gave me my present... heading to the garage now...

carsontl
04-27-2012, 10:32 AM
DHL guy just gave me my present... heading to the garage now...

pics or it never happened!

Pip
04-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Have fun pulling the vents out :)

jayjay_dee
04-27-2012, 03:15 PM
My unit wont turn on? Orange lights are on but the unit itself is off? whats going on?

jayjay_dee
04-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I might have to request a replacement from Jolly... sucks!!!

telijah
04-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Any update Jayjay?

jayjay_dee
04-30-2012, 07:33 AM
no updates yet... im still waiting to hear from Jolly, I believe its holiday again in China...

everything went back to its original box...

Pip
05-08-2012, 07:31 AM
How's everything working out with the replacement unit JayJay?

jayjay_dee
05-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Im in constant communication with Jolly... not clear yet on how i will get my replacement... she even requested a video showing that my unit is not working, she said their 'engineers' needs to see its not working???

Im playing it nice or else i might not get a replacement...

danewilson77
05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
They got you by the Trukballz.

Sent from SIGFest 2012

jayjay_dee
05-08-2012, 02:27 PM
They got you by the Trukballz.

You bet Dane...

UdubBadger
05-09-2012, 06:48 PM
don't feel bad, i got the same if not worse customer service from OttoNavi

jayjay_dee
05-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Update...

Jolly (and their engineers) are working with me to make sure the problem is the head unit and not just the wirings...

Since the package came with 2 wirings, one for 17 pins and one for 40 pins, she asked me to do one last test.
Using the 40 pins connector, i cut all the wires 4 inches from the black connector that goes to the back of the unit.
Then, connect the red and yellow wires (positive) and just the black (negative). Last step for me is to find a
direct 12V source and if it fires up the unit, they will just send me new wirings (17 pins), if it doesnt, new unit
will be sent out to me....

Pip
05-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Good news. Sucks that you have to do all the work, but at least they're working with you and it looks like they'll fix the issue.

jayjay_dee
05-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Sean, its a bit frustrating but I need to cooperate with them to get a replacement... just want to get this over with...

telijah
05-15-2012, 12:42 PM
And... any update? I am o nthe fence now about getting one of these. I have an 01, but I upgraded to one of the newer head units and had to get an antenna adapter as well (likely the reverse of what you guys had to get). So all I would need is the hvac relocation kit. Is it true the Android version doesn't have wifi? What Nav application is it using?

UdubBadger
05-15-2012, 01:29 PM
i heard android version crashes more then winCE

jayjay_dee
06-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Update....

I will be returning my bad WinCE unit to Jolly, we have been in "not so constant" contact but at least they agreed to replace my unit...

Patience is a virtue...

telijah
06-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Keep up the good fight. Hopefully they get this worked out for you.

jayjay_dee
08-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Update

After almost 2 months, my Enco B146 arrived and its now installed on my car...

im now researching on how to update the iGo8 with iGo Primo...

UdubBadger
08-06-2012, 04:41 PM
please let me know how that goes

telijah
08-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Is this iGo thing part of the unit or something? It's all moon-speak to me at this moment.

UdubBadger
08-07-2012, 06:26 AM
think of it as the OS for the Nav. I believe iGo Primo is the updated version.

Pip
08-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Let me know how it goes too! I ran into a brick wall last night and could never get it to boot.

cakM3
08-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Wow.....with all these issues....I think I will stick with my OE Nav system...

Pip
08-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Upgrading to iGo Primo is a self inflicted issue. We are taking a perfectly functional Nav and trying to upgrade the software for a prettier interface/layout.

jayjay_dee
08-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Wow.....with all these issues....I think I will stick with my OE Nav system...

Charlie, i believe once i get my unit all set up, all the woes will be worth it, this unit has a lot of potential and of course issues, lol...

Upgrading to iGo Primo is a self inflicted issue. We are taking a perfectly functional Nav and trying to upgrade the software for a prettier interface/layout.

well said... oem nav on my e70 is lightyears ahead of oem nav from e53 and e46, the iGO 8 is right in the middle, iGo Primo i think should be not too far behind oem e70 nav, at least based on the pics/video that i have seen... almost all links are dead now, just waiting for a new link to pop up...

plus, i bought a new class 10 4Gb micro sd for the iGo Primo, so i will have iGo 8 as a backup, just in case...

cakM3
08-07-2012, 09:06 AM
I hear you jayjay....it's just not worth it for me although hopefully you will have everything sorted out by the next SIGFest...:) I would love to check it out though :thumbsup

jayjay_dee
08-09-2012, 08:46 PM
please let me know how that goes

Let me know how it goes too! I ran into a brick wall last night and could never get it to boot.

I have iGo Primo now, and im so happy with the result. Much much better than iGo 8...

Only issue i have now is it takes a while before getting GPS signal...

Took me 24 hours to download the file from rapidshare, 3 tries... First 2 tries got disconnected, i almost threw my laptop, lol...

If you dont wanna go thru what i've been thru, send me money thru paypal so i can buy micro sd and then i will send it to you ready to go...

iGo Primo > iGo 8

Pip
08-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Almost ready to send you money. I got igo primo loaded but comes up with some error saying doesn't have language file loaded but then loads fine. Only thing that doesn't work is the most important - auto detect GPS so it can't grab any of the signals. I'd have to add the baud rate and signal to the SYS file but almost easier to just send you my SD card.

Pip
08-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Do you have all the maps and poi? I'm definitely interested because just playing with the interface is a big improvement.

UdubBadger
08-10-2012, 04:53 AM
Jay jay I will need to send you the money cant download squat) so let me know how much u need and ur PayPal.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

jayjay_dee
08-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Do you have all the maps and poi? I'm definitely interested because just playing with the interface is a big improvement.

Jay jay I will need to send you the money cant download squat) so let me know how much u need and ur PayPal.

I believe it has all the maps, not sure about POIs, but i think its not that hard to update/add more POIs if needed...

I paid $15.51 for PNY Micro SD with adapter (class 10 8Gb) at Staples close to me...

I got the shipping covered, my way of "paying it forward" to familia...

My paypal account is FCarandangJr@yahoo.com

Once you receive the micro sd card, the most you need to do is update sys.txt file and play with GPS port and baud.
I have it set initially at port=2 and baud=57600. Works fine but takes a bit to connect.

UdubBadger
08-10-2012, 11:19 AM
so i don't need to do anything on the computer right? that was my only concern because I only have Macs

Pip
08-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Stoked because right as I was getting fed up and ready to send money I figured it out and got Primo2 working without any problems :thumbsup :roundel :cheers

UdubBadger
08-10-2012, 05:48 PM
How's the gps signal?

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Pip
08-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I had to install my igo8 to find out the gps info like baud rate, but once I out that into my SYS file it worked fine. Let me have a couple more days of testing because I get terrible gps signal where I live even with igo8. Part of my problem is where I located the receiver.

UdubBadger
08-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Ok cool keep us updated Sean.

Thanks.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

jayjay_dee
08-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Stoked because right as I was getting fed up and ready to send money I figured it out and got Primo2 working without any problems :thumbsup :roundel :cheers

thats good news!!!

i have port=2 and baud=57600, somehow i dont get GPS signal right away, on the average i get signal after driving 1 minute...

let me know what you got for port and baud...

Pip
08-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Port: 2, Baud: 38400

jayjay_dee
08-13-2012, 11:52 AM
^ ill try that and see if that helps my unit get GPS signal faster.

jayjay_dee
08-14-2012, 09:08 AM
^ ill try that and see if that helps my unit get GPS signal faster.

sean, it seems to work, port=2 ,baud=38400

thanks!

Pip
08-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Cool glad that helped. I ended up searching szenco and alibaba and it said our units are set to that so I'm glad it works. I have been testing mine the past few days and I'm loving it. Once I get away from the gps dead zone of a neighborhood I live in it works great. I love the new layout as well.

jayjay_dee
08-22-2012, 06:41 AM
The interface looks a lot better than iGo8, more intuitive, more user friendly...

The only thing i like better from iGO8 is the Night Map colors...

I will be sending Seth's iGo Primo today...

UdubBadger
08-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Got my micro sd Fernando, thank you again so much. So all I do is just swap it with the one in there now and turn it on?

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Pip
08-28-2012, 02:55 PM
I bet you have to point the head unit in the right direction. When you go to settings you can navigate through the file structure to the Primo.exe file. Call me if you have issues and need me to walk you through it.

UdubBadger
08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
thanks sean

jayjay_dee
08-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I bet you have to point the head unit in the right direction. When you go to settings you can navigate through the file structure to the Primo.exe file. Call me if you have issues and need me to walk you through it.

^^ what he said...

UdubBadger
08-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Yup got it loaded up, works well and looks much better. Thanks again

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile

Avetiso
02-02-2013, 03:07 PM
How are your nav's holding up? I am looking into these units, it seems they have a newer version (android 4.0).

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967737&page=2

jayjay_dee
02-05-2013, 10:03 AM
How are your nav's holding up? I am looking into these units, it seems they have a newer version (android 4.0).

It has been working flawless for me, but i got the WinCE version...

BavarianZHP
04-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Any further updates? How's the sound quality? The upgraded nav software look so much better!

Pip
04-19-2013, 12:28 PM
I think the sound quality is improved over the stock system. It has a stronger head unit so it has more power. I can get more bass/louder output from the system now. It does freeze from time to time so you either have to reset or just wait 2 min for it to unfreeze. This usually isn't an issue unless I'm going through the drive through or want to stop jammin'.

Nav is working great, but I still haven't added the POI so I just type in addresses. I'm lazy and just need to do it to make it a more functional Nav.

jayjay_dee
04-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Never experienced the freezing issue you mentioned Sean... one of the best mod i did to my ZHP...

BavarianZHP
04-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much sold... I'm gonna hit up ebay for this thing soon. I'm too much of a wuss to use western union. Thanks all!

BavarianZHP
04-20-2013, 11:13 AM
nabbed this one for $400 even shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eonon-7-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-SAT-NAV-Bluetooth-Touch-iPod-Dual-Zone-for-BMW-E46-/151022079119?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item23299e0c8f&vxp=mtr

Guess, that'll be my purchase for the month!

danewilson77
04-20-2013, 11:18 AM
In for review.

Bav.....what was your offer? ($400?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GFLqcVj62Ew#!

BavarianZHP
04-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Yep offer was accepted at $400 (free shipping, plus they give you sygic 2012 maps [other vendors do not supply maps, so be wary of that if you're looking elsewhere]). Also keep in mind this is the Win CE 6 version (latest WinCE I believe). If you want Android, that's a different model number. Although more flexible, the Android version seems to have a lot more issues since it's running two OS's.

danewilson77
04-20-2013, 11:38 AM
OK. Thanks for the Android tip.

BavarianZHP
04-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I'll get a review up after some time with the unit. I actually have an Android phone, but it seems like the bugs haven't been cleared out of the HU yet. There's a 108 page thread on E46fanatics about the EONON:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=896677&page=108

Some LONG threads out there:
http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57761&page=42

and some recently posted topics on the android:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=981130

I've been reading testimonials for the past few weeks so feel free to ask anything. My review wouldn't add anything to the vast amount of information already out there. It'll only confirm if the seller stands by his/her products, the customer support, shipping times, and other unique experiences from an individual buyer.

WOLFN8TR
04-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Looking forward to the review. It looks like a pretty sweet Nav unit. Hopefully it works great for ya, if so I might have to get one.

BavarianZHP
04-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Small thread jack, but which ebay reverse camera is good to buy? I'm installing the HU and RCR's soon so I might as well tackle this too...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCD-SONY-CAR-REAR-VIEW-CAMERA-FOR-BMW-1-3-5-6-Series-X3-X5-X6-E39-E53-E82-M3-E46-/260904173049?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item3cbf19bdf9

From the specs alone it seems the Sony CCD's are the way to go... Higher res and such...

BavarianZHP
04-20-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm also thinking about wireless camera for the convenience.... Not much of a cost increase (~$15).

Avetiso
04-20-2013, 02:35 PM
The WinCE version looks pretty nice! The ad video makes it look choppy, but reviews look pretty smooth. In for some reviews, very interested.

Johal E32
04-20-2013, 07:19 PM
nabbed this one for $400 even shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eonon-7-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-SAT-NAV-Bluetooth-Touch-iPod-Dual-Zone-for-BMW-E46-/151022079119?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item23299e0c8f&vxp=mtr

Guess, that'll be my purchase for the month!

Thanks for the link and telling us what you paid for it. It's good to know I can save a few bucks when I eventually get one!

Please let me know on the review. My E46 is a DD, so I mainly need a good iPod hook up, and good radio. I'm not too bothered by NAV, but I will probably use it since it has it.

wsmeyer
04-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Android version seems to have a lot more issues since it's running two OS's.

Can you expand on this?

One of these has been in the back of my mind for a while but I was always leaning towards the android version for the apps.

BavarianZHP
04-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Can you expand on this?

One of these has been in the back of my mind for a while but I was always leaning towards the android version for the apps.

I wanted to get the android too, especially since I already have an android phone and enjoy using the OS, but it's plagued with issues. Even the Android Dynavin has its faults. The links I posted should have the full details (80% of the complaints are from Android 2.3 and 4.04 users), but I do know the Android clone has to switch between the two Operating Systems depending on the what function is in use... Many users report songs skipping or playing by themselves, screen freezes, etc...

WinCE is more than enough for a navigation unit. I'm more interested in the standard features working, plus it'll provide better sound than the stock head unit. Android would be nice, but certainly isn't necessary.

jayjay_dee
04-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Small thread jack, but which ebay reverse camera is good to buy? I'm installing the HU and RCR's soon so I might as well tackle this too...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCD-SONY-CAR-REAR-VIEW-CAMERA-FOR-BMW-1-3-5-6-Series-X3-X5-X6-E39-E53-E82-M3-E46-/260904173049?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item3cbf19bdf9

From the specs alone it seems the Sony CCD's are the way to go... Higher res and such...

If im not mistaken, thats the same camera i bought from the same seller... picture quality is very good...

BavarianZHP
04-22-2013, 09:35 PM
Nice. Yeah, it seems like the best camera for the buck. Tagged and bagged it on ebay...

BavarianZHP
04-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Received the package today!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/Bike_enthusiast/2013-04-25155354_zps05627331.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/Bike_enthusiast/media/2013-04-25155354_zps05627331.jpg.html)

Shipping was quick (5 days from order), especially considering it was from HK. It was packaged in some sort of wrapping similar to an anti-static bag... Inside was a bubble wrapped box:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/Bike_enthusiast/2013-04-25155629_zps9b7c0cb5.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/Bike_enthusiast/media/2013-04-25155629_zps9b7c0cb5.jpg.html)

Some features listed on the box:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/Bike_enthusiast/2013-04-25155914_zps028e50c0.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/Bike_enthusiast/media/2013-04-25155914_zps028e50c0.jpg.html)

Contents were further protected with foam:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/Bike_enthusiast/2013-04-25160011_zps08e8f187.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/Bike_enthusiast/media/2013-04-25160011_zps08e8f187.jpg.html)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/Bike_enthusiast/2013-04-25160328_zps6b04bbb3.jpg (http://s218.photobucket.com/user/Bike_enthusiast/media/2013-04-25160328_zps6b04bbb3.jpg.html)

This unit also comes with the antenna adapter for our cars! (+'02) so no need to buy it (the black adapter with the blue wire coming out of it... Located right above the HU in the pic). I bought one off of ebay just in case since my fellow members needed it (see previous posts in thread). It was only $5 shipped anyways... So not a total loss.

Unit also comes with a 1 year warranty... Which you need to fill out online... Well, I'm excited as hell to install it!

*EDIT: info about warranty*

Pip
04-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Looks perfect. Pretty simple to install and you'll start loving the improved sound and functionality of Bluetooth.

I routed the iPhone cable under the center console so it sticks out near my right seat bolster. Don't have a pic sorry :(

bullfrogs_M3
04-25-2013, 03:48 PM
In for reviews. Maybe i'll do this instead of the OEM retrofit i was thinking about

ELCID86
04-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Please photo-document the install if possible and give us your review. Looking forward to it.

WOLFN8TR
04-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Sweet! Ya keep us updated on the install and feedback when she is up and running. How much is the AC relocation bracket cost?

Please tell me this Nav really sucks and save me $400!!

BavarianZHP
04-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Everything was going fine... Install was a breeze (removing the air vents was the hardest part) until I ran into an issue: the Navi doesn't fit with the supplied radio antenna adapter!!! ARGH!!! I need a right angle adapter... I fought the thing for literally an hour until I realized the back was preventing it from sliding in all the way... So off to the nearest radio shack tomorrow..

BavarianZHP
04-25-2013, 08:29 PM
I did play with it since everything was plugged in (just didn't slide in all the way). It's pretty awesome I must say. I'll give a detailed review when I'm less infuriated with myself.

Pip
04-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Yea those air vents are something else. Glad you're getting it sorted out.

BavarianZHP
04-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Those air vents were such a pain... I swore I almost broke them. I used the prying tools they supplied (wrapped them with tape since they're metal), but if I could do it all over again, I would have bought a plastic trim piece remover similar to the youtube vid of the dynavin install.

Pip
04-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Yea after one or two times they get easier and you figure out how to pull 'em. I can do mine with my finger tip now by using the correct pull up and out method lol

BavarianZHP
04-25-2013, 11:44 PM
That's great to hear... I was thinking about leaving them out until my reverse camera comes in. LOL. Jeez.

johnrando
04-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Yea after one or two times they get easier and you figure out how to pull 'em. I can do mine with my finger tip now by using the correct pull up and out method lol

+1

jayjay_dee
04-26-2013, 09:34 AM
That's great to hear... I was thinking about leaving them out until my reverse camera comes in. LOL. Jeez.

Camera install is harder than installing this Dynavin clone, but totally worth it...

Tnhl1989
04-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Did you figure out a good way to mount the camera? Pictures?

I am returning my enco android 4.0 one to szenco. The android side totally stop working. Overall the audio quality was a lot better than the standard head unit. If I had to do things over again I would say get a wince one.

BavarianZHP
04-26-2013, 10:09 AM
My camera hasn't arrived yet, so I can't comment on it - but I'm sure many others here can. Yep, most of the reported issues stem from the Android version unfortunately. Oh, to those installing this: Be careful with your fingers back in the dash it's sharp - I think I left some blood in there. LOL.

jayjay_dee
04-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Did you figure out a good way to mount the camera? Pictures?

I am returning my enco android 4.0 one to szenco. The android side totally stop working. Overall the audio quality was a lot better than the standard head unit. If I had to do things over again I would say get a wince one.

I just pushed my camera in, no glue, but somehow its holding up pretty good...

I too had an issue with my first WinCE version from szenco (mine is just dead from factory), took almost 3 months to finally get a replacement...

WOLFN8TR
04-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Found these on Amazon for $471. There is a good detailed review also.

http://www.amazon.com/D5113U-Digital-Navigation-Stereo-Player/dp/B0083P147M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1LBE4R8PUCRTX&coliid=I8MOU2QU3N6QO

johnrando
04-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Wow, $471? Any reviews/info at all?

BavarianZHP
04-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Ok, finally got it installed. I searched around and couldn't find anybody else who had my fitment issue. Anyways, I had to cut a large portion of the antenna adapter to make it fit (A huge PITA). For $400 it is a very good upgrade (the best investment I've made so far). Sound is drastically improved. Night mode is pretty cool, it'll automatically dim the unit based on time of day... The unit is not amazingly fast, but it's up to par. I do wish it responded more smoothly though. I'll skip to the issues I found:

1) Volume is way too loud, like it's over-amplified. I set it at 1-3 volume (scale goes to 100 maybe?) *Known issue*
2) During Navi mode, making any input will affect the sound (say, if radio is playing in the background). The sound fads momentarily away, kind of annoying. *Known issue*
3) Inputting street address in Navi mode: I'll need to update the software on the SD maps card... The supplied one is pretty bad, it cuts off most of your text since it's displayed at the very top line of the screen. You can hardly tell what you're typing! *New issue to me*
4) User interface/Layout: This gets some time getting used to... Right now I kind of don't like it, it takes me too long to switch to the different "modes." At least there's radio and navi hard-buttons though!

I was only playing around with it in the garage... Haven't gotten to Bluetooth or half of other the functions yet.

WOLFN8TR
04-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Sweet! Photos or Video please....

Pip
04-27-2013, 08:24 AM
#1 yup it's pretty loud.

#2 can be fixed on my model through settings and yours looks identical to the szenco.

#3 I believe JayJay has the Nav maps update he would be willing to send on a SD card I'll look for it but I can't test to see if it works because I don't have my car right now. My old/new Nav didn't have this issue.

The thing I dislike about the unit is that it starts up on a random screen every time I start the car. It isn't smart enough to start where it left off - most days.

jayjay_dee
04-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Sean, i looked for the files and somehow cant find them anymore, not sure who deleted my iGO files...

for the random startup, one way around it is to turn off the unit before the car, works when im not in a hurry...

Pip
04-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Ok well I have them, but they might require a test before sending. BavZHP let me know if you want a mini-SD card with the maps.

Or since I don't have my car I can host the files and you can test it. Just save your old SD in case some playing is involved.

BavarianZHP
05-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the offers family members! I actually figured out how to upgrade/change the nav. Pretty simple - just download new software into the SD card and voila -> new navigation after resetting the path directory. LOL. I choose to go with Sygic Aura 12.1.0 CE and it'll be a much improved from the Drive 10. I haven't actually tested it out yet, but it should work in theory... I'll let you know if I need the IGo.

Oh, my new antenna adapter arrived and I installed that one instead (I bought an extra by mistake, but it actually fits!!!), so all is good. The one that comes with the unit will be thrown out. All-in-all, simple fixes to all of the issues so far.

BavarianZHP
05-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Ok, just installed the files, unfortunately the unit only came with a 4GB card so it couldn't hold all of the Aura maps! Aura has 3D structures so it's memory hungry. I simply didn't load all of them (CA was +300MB alone). Tomorrow, I will take time out of my lunch break and hit the local radio shack for a $10 8GB card though. If anyone wants to try Sygic Aura, here are the steps:

OK first some background. The default SD maps (if you have Sygic Drive 10) will have three subfolders:

Drive
->WindowsCE
-> .exe file for nav application
Maps
->All maps files with a content.info, content.lic, footprint.info
Res
-> icons, skins, sounds etc...

1) What you need to do is make a copy of the entire SD card to your computer (backup)

2) Go to this link
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?11699-Sygic-Navigation-12.1.0-WinCE

and download the .rar file (253657056365893465356.rar) and content.lic files. Follow the instructions in the thread: Modify the content.lic file you downloaded (according to instructions), you will be overwriting the content.lic file in the .rar file one.

Delete all of the files in your SD card since they are incompatible with the new software (clean it entirely). Download your new maps (Sygic North America TA 2012.09 maps.rar) using fileshare or torrent. Place these files in the maps directory after copying the files from the .rar download and content.lic over to the SD card. Done. Your nav has now improved 10000x

WOLFN8TR
05-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the info. This is on my list of to do mods. Wish I was a bit more computer savvy thou, half of what you just said sounds Greek to me.

BavarianZHP
05-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the info. This is on my list of to do mods. Wish I was a bit more computer savvy thou, half of what you just said sounds Greek to me.

Oh, you don't need to be a software engineer. It's fairly simple. If you know how to navigate your email and copy and paste then you're good to go! I can write up a simple step-by-step DIY for you. It's completely worth upgrading from Sygic Drive 10.

Anyone have screen protector/anti-glare film recommendations? When the sun's out sometimes it's difficult to read the screen in nav mode.

jayjay_dee
05-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Anyone have screen protector/anti-glare film recommendations? When the sun's out sometimes it's difficult to read the screen in nav mode.

I bought an anti-glare film for mini ipad, picked it up from Marshalls, i just havent found time to put it on...

jayjay_dee
05-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Ok, just installed the files, unfortunately the unit only came with a 4GB card so it couldn't hold all of the Aura maps! Aura has 3D structures so it's memory hungry. I simply didn't load all of them (CA was +300MB alone). Tomorrow, I will take time out of my lunch break and hit the local radio shack for a $10 8GB card though. If anyone wants to try Sygic Aura, here are the steps:

OK first some background. The default SD maps (if you have Sygic Drive 10) will have three subfolders:

Drive
->WindowsCE
-> .exe file for nav application
Maps
->All maps files with a content.info, content.lic, footprint.info
Res
-> icons, skins, sounds etc...

1) What you need to do is make a copy of the entire SD card to your computer (backup)

2) Go to this link
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?11699-Sygic-Navigation-12.1.0-WinCE

and download the .rar file (253657056365893465356.rar) and content.lic files. Follow the instructions in the thread: Modify the content.lic file you downloaded (according to instructions), you will be overwriting the content.lic file in the .rar file one.

Delete all of the files in your SD card since they are incompatible with the new software (clean it entirely). Download your new maps (Sygic North America TA 2012.09 maps.rar) using fileshare or torrent. Place these files in the maps directory after copying the files from the .rar download and content.lic over to the SD card. Done. Your nav has now improved 10000x

how is Sygic compared to iGo Primo?

BavarianZHP
05-03-2013, 11:00 AM
I haven't had the opportunity to try out IGo Primo. The stock setup had Sygic Drive 10 which was IMO horrible compared to Sygic Aura. Once Pip receives my SD card he can review it. This will be great, once we narrow down which is best we can all reprogram.

jayjay_dee
05-03-2013, 01:57 PM
ok, ill wait for Sean's review then, thanks...

Pip
05-03-2013, 01:59 PM
I'll try and make a video as well so you can see the differences.

UdubBadger
05-03-2013, 05:12 PM
yeah you go ahead and do that... geeze.

:)

BavarianZHP
05-03-2013, 05:21 PM
I trust Pip, no review necessary for me. If next week he says, "IGo Primo" that'll be enough. LOL.

BavarianZHP
05-03-2013, 05:31 PM
If any of you are not satisfied with your nav program, take a look at: http://www.navitotal.com/

They have the latest software for downloads. Pretty sweet, you can change/update anytime you want. Even adjust skins and such to fully customize it to your liking.

UdubBadger
05-03-2013, 05:46 PM
It's a big time upgrade. I was lucky enough to get a copy of it from a nice fellow who's on here. Much better than the old one. I wish they would fix the horrible iPod interface.

I saw a dynavin clone in a VW at work today, made by Rosen. Interface was what dynavins should be. OF COURSE they don't make kits for BMW.

BavarianZHP
05-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Nav software experiences:

So far we've had experiences with:

Sygic Drive 10
Sygic Aura 12.1 (latest of the versions listed - I believe there is now a 13?)
IGo Primo (Latest of the IGo's listed)
IGo 8

Anyone with other experiences? Garmin, TomTom, NDrive, Copilot etc?

BavarianZHP
05-12-2013, 08:19 PM
For those with the reverse camera installed, how did you wire it through the rubber wire trunk loom? I tried threading a steel cable through it as a lead but it keeps getting hung up inside the loom. Also, I'm supposed to cut off the phono head? There's no way it's going to fit inside the loom right? So I would reattach it after I thread it through? Thanks.

WOLFN8TR
05-19-2013, 07:39 PM
On Sale for $999! eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151022079119?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Johal E32
05-19-2013, 07:47 PM
^lol..

BavarianZHP
05-19-2013, 10:08 PM
^^^ Haha!

OK, I got the wire through the loom - had to go through the plastic cable weave (I initially tried to on the outside of it and that's a PITA). However, I have some issues. My trunk release button doesn't work anymore! I tested out the button and it clicks and seems to work (resistance on pin 1 -> 3 goes to zero when pressed) and I made sure I reconnected it... Perhaps when forcing the wire through the loom I severed the trunk line!? Argh. Oh, I did eliminate the 3 wires from the right license plate light to attach my camera. Could that have done anything? I simply cut all the lines (grey/green wire, grey/yellow wire, and grey/brown wire I think?) since there was no plug to detach it. Then I removed the light assembly and replaced it with the camera.

BavarianZHP
05-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Trunk issue fixed. Loom wiring. Simple enough. Gotta be more careful.

Oh, the dynavin clone's built in amp vs OEM amp... I was lazy and I didn't rewire the speaker's to the dash. How intensive is the work? Is it worth it?

mLuMaN83
10-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Is there any improvement in audio quality with these?