PDA

View Full Version : Eurocharged Performance Tuning Interest at ZHP Mafia SigFest 2012

Eurocharged
03-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Hey guys,

It's been talked about that we would possibly come out to ZHP Mafia SigFest 2012 this year to do tuning for those who wanted it. The benefit of this is that Jerry our lead tuner would be tuning everyone's car on site instead of individually having to go to our dealers in all corners of the country for those who were looking for tunes. Plus who wouldn't want a little extra power on their drive home from a really awesome meet weekend? ;)

Anyway we would need to hit a certain number of people (which I will find out what that number is shortly) for us to be able to justify the trip out there. The price would be our forum pricing special of $299 for the tune and an additional $450 if you wanted to add the optional handheld tuner to the package. If we hit a big number of tunes I can probably get the tune price down a touch also (probably at 15 cars or more).

Please sign up on the list if you are interested (serious interest only please). If we are able to get enough to come out we will be collecting payments for everyone upfront as it just makes everything easier on the process for both customer and business... we don't travel with cash or credit card machines and we also can't make the trip out and then have a bunch of people not show up. (it's happened :foottap )

Please add your name if you'd like some tuning at SigFest and we will go from there. :)

1. UdubBadger (Seth) - 04 330i ZHP - 6MT

danewilson77
03-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Seth, can you add a "drop dead must sign up by date"to the above post?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Johnmadd
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Huh?^

danewilson77
03-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Huh?^

We must have a certain number of people signed up by "X" date, or they (Eurocharged) will not commit to coming. We have to give Jerry a bit of time, in advance (I would think) , so he can plan.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

HokieZHP
03-02-2012, 08:09 PM
2. HokieZHP (Chris) 2003 330i ZHP- 6mt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryans323i
03-03-2012, 05:55 AM
I have questions:

Can you tune a 323i?
I went to a local Indy and he told me about a software upgrade he got directly from Germany that would be custom to my car. He est. gains at 10-15hp. Is this basically what your doing?
What's this hand held tuner? Feel free to refer me to another thread if I've missed something.

ryankokesh
03-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Hand held tuner?

Eurocharged
03-03-2012, 07:56 AM
The hand held is something used to store multiple maps including your stock map. It also allows you to tune the car yourself without ever needing to visit/revisit us for anything. The tuner reads your Ecu, you email us the file and then we email you back the tuned file and you use the unit to upload it onto the car.

This is the same tuner used on all our BMW tunes so you can read a bit about it here.
http://www.eurocharged.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.pbv.v1.tpl&product_id=169&category_id=175&option =com_virtuemart&Itemid=99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Eurocharged
03-03-2012, 07:57 AM
I have questions:

Can you tune a 323i?
I went to a local Indy and he told me about a software upgrade he got directly from Germany that would be custom to my car. He est. gains at 10-15hp. Is this basically what your doing?
What's this hand held tuner? Feel free to refer me to another thread if I've missed something.

Yes we can surely do a 323i, those gains sound about right

Ryans323i
03-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the answers. I'm very interested but I can't commit. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I've also considered the Shark injector and AA software. ~$300 is way under those costs. Just don't know where I'll be financially at the meet.

Nivo
03-03-2012, 11:44 AM
May I suggest, if anyone has the spare cash to get the Dimsport MyGenius because it allows you to flash the DME in your driveway/garage with a pre-loaded tune from your tuner. if something isn't right you don't have to drive to them, you send them in a log and tell them the issue and they can resolve it through email. literally they can tune you through email(files sent through email so you can load into the hand held tuner).

While it isn't like the Diablosport Predator/ Trinity etc where you can mildly make some small changes its the better option for MS45 cars where before tuners had to do BDM100 ecu flashing on a bench after you sent the DME to them.

So far the only tool that allows OBD port flashing of the DME on MS45 to the end user.

Eurocharged
03-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah we like our mygenius too, makes life easier on everyone.

Eurocharged
03-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the answers. I'm very interested but I can't commit. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I've also considered the Shark injector and AA software. ~$300 is way under those costs. Just don't know where I'll be financially at the meet.

No worries just let us know. Our deadline to pay and sign up is usually a week or so before the date. Just helps us save on airfare to know sooner rather than later if there is enough interest to come out or not.

Eurocharged
03-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Bump for interest

Eurocharged
03-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Ok sounds kinda like you guys aren't into this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Bitches

Johnmadd
03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Ok sounds kinda like you guys aren't into this

Field of dreams....

Eurocharged
03-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Huh?

Eurocharged
03-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Oh.... Ok I got it.

Problem is we're not gonna just show up hoping people want tuning cuz it cost money to get everyone and their supplies out there. If we can't even over our costs it's not smart business.

danewilson77
03-14-2012, 03:51 AM
Don't the fellas have until a week Prior to the meet to sign up?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

danewilson77
03-14-2012, 04:07 AM
No worries just let us know. Our deadline to pay and sign up is usually a week or so before the date.

Bump....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

elric
03-14-2012, 05:06 AM
3. Elric (Jeff) 2003 330i ZHP - 6MT

danewilson77
03-14-2012, 07:57 AM
3 people. I guess Seth is saying 10 is needed to make it worth while? Roughly 2 months to go. It could happen.

Eurocharged
03-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Well only 2 if you don't count myself cuz I'm already tuned.

10 people would be about the minimum at the pricing we are offering or else our travel fees won't be offset.

danewilson77
03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Well only 2 if you don't count myself cuz I'm already tuned.

10 people would be about the minimum at the pricing we are offering or else our travel fees won't be offset.

OK. That's clear now. <10 = no go.... And we have up until 1 week prior to meet.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Eurocharged
03-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah but if there are only 2 on the list, buying a plane ticket on a whim of 8 or more showing up last minute probably won't happen. It's ok, I need to get on top of my boss to get me more data for you guys to see.

Anyone want to donate a shark for a dyno comparison test?

danewilson77
03-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah but if there are only 2 on the list, buying a plane ticket on a whim of 8 or more showing up last minute probably won't happen. It's ok, I need to get on top of my boss to get me more data for you guys to see.

Anyone want to donate a shark for a dyno comparison test?

When you say "donate", what exactly do you mean?

Eurocharged
03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
borrow

danewilson77
03-15-2012, 03:03 PM
So...you need a Shark for the OBD II port. I'll send mine if it will help?

Eurocharged
03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
yeah if I can flash my car with it on the dyno and then do a comparison flash of the EC software.

danewilson77
03-15-2012, 05:42 PM
yeah if I can flash my car with it on the dyno and then do a comparison flash of the EC software.

I will send. Need addy. Please PM.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

ryankokesh
03-15-2012, 05:48 PM
I always thought they were locked to the first car they're used on...?

Johnmadd
03-15-2012, 05:48 PM
U Da Man Dane, dhuuu eeet.

Johnmadd
03-15-2012, 05:49 PM
I always thought they were locked to the first car they're used on...?

Locked to the ecu.

danewilson77
03-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Locked to the ecu.

Yes... But I was assuming Seth / Eurocharged had a work around.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Johnmadd
03-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Seth who?

UdubBadger
03-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Yes... But I was assuming Seth / Eurocharged had a work around.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

No I don't think we do. :(

UdubBadger
03-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Seth who?
:mad

Johnmadd
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
:mad

Ha, just trying to separate you and your alterego, lol.

UdubBadger
03-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm just playin anyway. ;)

Johnmadd
03-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Dat right.

danewilson77
03-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm just playin anyway. ;)

So... You don't need Shark?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Johnmadd
03-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Ok.. serious question. If I would like to detune a vehicles hp and tq for more mpg's, could you do that? Seems like an available market.

UdubBadger
03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
So... You don't need Shark?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Well I do but if it won't run in my car it won't do any good

UdubBadger
03-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Ok.. serious question. If I would like to detune a vehicles hp and tq for more mpg's, could you do that? Seems like an available market.

Yes and FYI our full tune also bumps mpgs up by about 1-2 hwy

Johnmadd
03-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Yes and FYI our full tune also bumps mpgs up by about 1-2 hwy

So what's the most mpg's you guys can get from a zhp?

UdubBadger
03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Not sure, we don't test that kind of stuff out its just an added bonus.

az3579
03-16-2012, 05:23 PM

Yeah, you'll have a buy a brand new one for that, as already established. :(

So what's the most mpg's you guys can get from a zhp?

A stock ZHP can achieve upwards of 30mpg, which is already tough to beat. I'd be interested to see what the gains are. If significant (1+ mpg) then I'd be willing to retune with Eurocharged once I get pullies and other goodies.

Johnmadd
03-16-2012, 06:20 PM
I am talking like if my engine is pulled back 25hp will I get significant mpg increase.

az3579
03-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I am talking like if my engine is pulled back 25hp will I get significant mpg increase.

Doubt it. The 325i has significantly less power than 25hp yet it gets similar mileage.
What will yield you more mpg's however is a lower amount of rev's on the highway. The only three ways I can see to accomplish this is to get a taller-geared diff, somehow magic up a 7th forward gear on your 6-speed gearbox, or to... drive slower. That last option is the cheapest. It's amazing how much gas you save by actually going the speed limit instead of doing 10-20 over.

For me, the difference is this:

A long trip that I've once made with an average of 70mph averaged me maybe 30-31mpg indicated. Another time I drove that same route, with an average of 60mph (as indicated by the

johnrando
03-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Seth said Eurocharged works with AA, and my AA tune upped my MPG by 2-3, so maybe that's an indication. Then I added pulleys and it went down 2.

az3579
03-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Seth said Eurocharged works with AA, and my AA tune upped my MPG by 2-3, so maybe that's an indication. Then I added pulleys and it went down 2.

You have to retune after you make a mod like pullies. Sometimes a mod makes mpg go down, regardless of a retune.

johnrando
03-16-2012, 07:28 PM
You have to retune after you make a mod like pullies. Sometimes a mod makes mpg go down, regardless of a retune.

Really? That's good advice, I didn't realize that. EDIT: I don't want to hijack this thread, but just to keep everyone updated, I called Autotalent who did my s/w, and they will call AA on Monday. He didn't think it would be necessary. Hopefully we'll get a definitive answer for those of you considering this. The primary point of my original post was though, that mpg did go up with a tune. Thanks again for the info BP.

UdubBadger
03-16-2012, 07:44 PM
yeah most good tunes will up your MPG's a touch on the HWY - just the nature of what making more power does for cruising. You WILL see a drop in MPG's on our tunes in the city though - because you can't help buy floor the thing from light to light. ;)

johnrando
03-16-2012, 07:51 PM
yeah most good tunes will up your MPG's a touch on the HWY - just the nature of what making more power does for cruising. You WILL see a drop in MPG's on our tunes in the city though - because you can't help buy floor the thing from light to light. ;)

Seth, mine went up overall, even with mostly city driving and more of a lead foot.

UdubBadger
03-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Nice. I do about 90% hwy so I just open it up there and not when driving around town - cops are dicks around here.

johnrando
03-16-2012, 09:41 PM
I definitely try to be a polite lead foot. Heavy on the gas, not too heavy on the speed limit per se (except for sometimes.) :biggrin

Eurocharged
03-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Lol same but it's not easy

zhpnsnv
03-18-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm going to ask a few questions out of pure ignorance:

How do you achieve your gains - what's changed in the mapping? If this is on your site, I apologize for missing it.
I'm under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that BMWs have adaptive ECUs - how does your tune "stick," or does the ECU get rid of it over time?
Are these "canned" tunes, or individual to each car? If individual, do you drive the car while tuning?
Have you tuned a ZHP? Couldn't find one under "testimonials" on your site. If so, what did you find as far as areas to make power other than, say, leaning it out a bit?
How does your tune affect my ECU's "4,000 rpm dip" fix from BMW?

Eurocharged
03-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Some can be answered in the main Eurocharged thread but I'll try to get it all answered here. Let me get to muncomputer

Eurocharged
03-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Most of these can be answered in this thread:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6248-Eurocharged-Performance-Tuning-Thread

I'm going to ask a few questions out of pure ignorance:
How do you achieve your gains - what's changed in the mapping? If this is on your site, I apologize for missing it.

Some of the MANY areas (but not all) that we are able to modify to make the ZHP faster and more powerful are:
-Ignition advancing
-Air mass flow
-Fuel mapping
-RPM limiter
-IVVT set points
-Valve spread on inlet cam
-Thermostat control
-Fan speed control
And most importantly for the Steptronic Transmission guys - Throttle sensitivity

I'm under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that BMWs have adaptive ECUs - how does your tune "stick," or does the ECU get rid of it over time?
They do, the car will still adapt but using the the new DME programming so it is always the case that the car will pull harder after about a few weeks than it did the day you got the tune.

Are these "canned" tunes, or individual to each car? If individual, do you drive the car while tuning?
no we actually create the maps for each car. It is common to save time to use other customers files we've already done and had success with if it works with your software version and current mod set up but only in those cases as we'd be tuning the car with the same perimeters anyway, it's just eliminating time out of the process.

Have you tuned a ZHP? Couldn't find one under "testimonials" on your site. If so, what did you find as far as areas to make power other than, say, leaning it out a bit?
We have done a small number of them tunes right now (including myself). I am still waiting on some dyno time with my boss to be able to go in and get some numbers recorded. The one car we did do (jayjay_dee) looked like he might have had some preexisting mechanical issues as his baseline and tune numbers were low for the ZHP.

How does your tune affect my ECU's "4,000 rpm dip" fix from BMW?

A: At this time our base ZHP software eliminates SOME of the dip but not all of it. The more and more time we have working on ZHP's the more likely we will be able to eliminate it by finding out the source of the issue that causes. If/when that is totally fixed it will end up being our NEW ZHP base tune that we will build off of for each customers tune (unless specified that you don't want it altered). If you have the dip and were tuned before this you will be entitled to the newest software.

zhpnsnv
03-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks!

Ryans323i
03-19-2012, 07:00 AM
That was an awesome explanation!

johnrando
03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Really? That's good advice, I didn't realize that. EDIT: I don't want to hijack this thread, but just to keep everyone updated, I called Autotalent who did my s/w, and they will call AA on Monday. He didn't think it would be necessary. Hopefully we'll get a definitive answer for those of you considering this. The primary point of my original post was though, that mpg did go up with a tune. Thanks again for the info BP.

AA said that you don't need to retune after pulleys.

az3579
03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
AA said that you don't need to retune after pulleys.

Ok. I said that because I once saw a description of some performance software that had you select whether you had pullies as an option when ordering. The description mentioned that if mods are added, such as pullies, an updated file would be needed.

I guess AA doesn't need to. Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

Eurocharged
03-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Not sure if we pull a bit of extra power out of pullies but I'll ask since I have um too

Eurocharged
03-25-2012, 05:35 AM
Pullies don't gain power on the tune but they do in general when installed

kpro
04-03-2012, 11:22 AM
no dyno option? looking for hp/trq numbers. My car is tuned but I forgot how to change the tune, lol. Maybe I should look into that :) We weren't going to bring the ZHP, but if you figure out a solution to the 4,000 rpm dip before the meet, I will add it to the list and change plans as to which BMW we drive out to the meet. I will subscribe to this thread so that I know what the list looks like closer to the time of the meet.

HokieZHP
04-03-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm gonna have to withdraw from this. Too much stuff going on currently. Sorry

UdubBadger
04-04-2012, 05:25 AM
It's not gonna happen anyway, not enough people into it

Eurocharged
04-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Assuming this idea is dead now?