PDA

View Full Version : Nitto nt555 or invo

Jorge86
03-06-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm about to get rear tires but can't decide if I should buy nitto nt555 or nitto invo. I never track my car. It's my daily driver. I just want a good solid everyday tire with long tire life. Which one should I get?

Jon D
03-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I had Invo's and was happy with them. Ran about 15K and still had life before I picked up a nail in the sidewall of one of the rears. Ended up switching the rears to Michelin Pilot Super Sports due to ratings etc. I can feel the difference and I'm sure if I did the fronts as well would be more noticeable.

Ryans323i
03-06-2012, 07:26 AM
I don't have experience with these, but I do have the NT850 (before it became the 850+)225/45/18. It's a great tire. Not meant for performance, but it handles my very spirited drives through the mountains extremely well. It's a quiet tire with a smooth ride and I'm on 18" wheel. It's also a 50K mile limited warranty. These are priced under the two models you're looking at.

If you're only interested in the two models you've specified they have the same wet/dry performance but invo looks to be the smoother, quieter tire.

spencers
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I can feel the difference and I'm sure if I did the fronts as well would be more noticeable.

It definitely would!!!

Jon D
03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
If you're only interested in the two models you've specified they have the same wet/dry performance but invo looks to be the smoother, quieter tire.

I replaced some Bridgestones with the Invo's and they were much much quieter. Was very happy with that aspect.

Jon D. Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner