PDA

View Full Version : Weekend's ZHP Maintenance/Upgrade Project

VaTechZHP
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Well I decided it would be time to replace the cooling system, shocks and springs, angel eyes, and change the oil.

The car has been running flawlessly (aside from a crapped out BMW battery) since I bought it in August. I have put approximately 15,000 miles on it since and the car has been a blast to drive.

This weekend I decided it was time to tackle the cooling system. I bought the BimmerWorld cooling overhaul kit and was happy with what I received. During the deinstall, I ended up breaking the expansion tank holder that is attached to the radiator. One of those moments when you are tired, its dark, and you're frustrated.

Anyway, because of that, the radiator is not back in. I have new belts that are going to go on, but was waiting to figure out how to change out some of the rollers and tensioners.

While I had the car up, I got some Koni SPT shocks (20% off from Tire Rack) and Bavarian Autosport springs in an attempt to only drop the car a tad, but retain similar to stock ride characteristics.

Replacing them was kind of a bear as I am new to the e46, but I think I have everything put back together correctly. Pretty fun project, but certainly time consuming.

Lastly for today, I threw on some Umnitza Orion v2 60 LED eyes, and they are BRIGHT!

Remaining to complete this project is change the oil, replace the expansion tank holder and the rollers. Hopefully I can get those ordered over the week and get the car back together on Thursday.

HokieZHP
03-11-2012, 04:08 PM
You go to tech? Which ZHP is yours?

VaTechZHP
03-11-2012, 05:13 PM
I did, graduated in 2008.

SoarinZHP
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Spending time to get intimately familiar with the ZHP... NICE!!!