PDA

View Full Version : Loping idle

Mbunnz
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Today I was sitting in a parking lot with my car on in neutral with the ebrake on. I did have my ac blasting. My car started to do a weird idle sputtering up and down and felt like it was going to cut out. Then the yellow DSC symbol started blinking. So I turned off my car and then tried to restart it and it wouldn't start it just kind of turned over. I waited a minute and then started the car again and it has been fine since. It feels like it's driving fine. I have over 3/4 of a tank of gas so I am not low. And I only put 93 in. Does anyone know what this could be?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

danewilson77
03-20-2012, 06:40 PM
How old is battery?

Or maybe FP is getting ready to go.

Dunno why DSC would do that?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Newjack
03-20-2012, 06:50 PM
That does sound odd. Battery is usually a good thing to check whenever something weird like this happens. Maybe the camshaft position sensor starting to go? No idea, just guessing.

Mbunnz
03-21-2012, 03:04 AM
The battery was just replaced... But maybe I should check it? I got home and sat with it in neutral and it did not do it again. Could it be something with the ac?

johnrando
03-21-2012, 08:35 AM
When mine did that it was the battery, but you said it's new, so that's strange. Maybe worth a check anyway.

Mbunnz
03-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll look into it

BRGcoopahS
03-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Oddly enough, Thats exactly what happened to me today except no DSC light blinking. The battery on my fathers car is shot and needs to be replaced.

TheUDM89
06-18-2012, 05:55 AM
Hi guys I'm new to the forum but I think I might be able to help. My 2004 330i ZHP did the same except the light didn't come on. I brought it to the dealer and they told is there was an update to the ecu and that seemed to fix the problem. It did cost me $240 and they told me its done when a customer complains about a rough idol/stalling problem. Seemed to fix mine so you may look into it.

-Corey

danewilson77
06-18-2012, 06:10 AM
Hi guys I'm new to the forum but I think I might be able to help. My 2004 330i ZHP did the same except the light didn't come on. I brought it to the dealer and they told is there was an update to the ecu and that seemed to fix the problem. It did cost me $240 and they told me its done when a customer complains about a rough idol/stalling problem. Seemed to fix mine so you may look into it.

-Corey

Thanks for the heads up Corey.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA