PDA

View Full Version : Members Only Forum

Marcus-SanDiego
04-05-2012, 06:17 PM
The forum is now open. Only current members of ZHPMafia.com can view this area of ZHPMafia.com. What this means is that visitors, who are not members, cannot see this area of ZHPMafia.com.

There is no password required by any of our current members. There are no post-count requirements for current members -- though we do reserve the right to limit participation to members who join the site after today's date. We may institute a post-count requirement for those members.

This area of the forum can be used for anything but it's primary purpose is for information that you may not want the rest of the world to know about.

You can find the new forum here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?107-Members-Only

For those browsing the site, the new forum can be found at the bottom of the forum page.

If you'd like to see how the forum appears to visitors -- or members who are not logged in -- feel free to log out of your account and view the bottom of the forum page. You will not see the members only forum.

The impetus for this idea came from this thread today: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6741-Members-Only-Section

danewilson77
04-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Done. Good deal Boss.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

M3TA5IN
04-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Man, I wish everything worked like this!

"ask an you shall receive"

That's prompt service, thanks Boss man!

SoarinZHP
04-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't understand what's happening... I'm confused...

Marcus-SanDiego
04-05-2012, 06:46 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?6741-Members-Only-Section

static667
04-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Cool stuff, Boss.

SoarinZHP
04-05-2012, 07:00 PM
So is what you're saying is that the "members only" section is more the way it was when we went to a closed forum? Like the same but different?

kayger12
04-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Different in that people who are not members can not browse/view the Members Only threads or posts.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-05-2012, 07:04 PM
No. What I'm saying is that stuff that we don't want the rest of the world to see (stuff that you think may be too private for public consumption) can be posted in the members only forum.

For example, some of us have just posted our addresses and phone numbers in the members only forum. I would NEVER do that anywhere else on the forum. But, because I know only current members of our forum can see it, I feel fine in doing it.

Consider another example: remember when Albert (tripod06) discussed his girlfriend and her shenanigans last year? Had we had a members only forum, where it was only viewable by us, he likely would have posted it there instead of putting in an area where visitors and strangers (who are not part of ZHPMafia.com) could read it.

SoarinZHP
04-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Was it different before? I already thought access to the site was limited when potential mafiosos had to contact an admin and explain who they are and why they want to be here. Or did I misunderstand what happened a few months ago? Are there now different levels? We have people who can look, people who can participate and people who are members?

If this is the case, would we want to restrict access to the information about SigFest? Portions of the event are taking place at Dane's place, lots of not special vehicles will be present - some of them with expensive mods, etc... Will they be left unattended? Who knows what kind of nutjob could appear.

SoarinZHP
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
And Marcus - I agree about the too private for public consumption thing. I don't even use my real name on facebook because I don't know who sees what.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-05-2012, 07:17 PM
As it stands right now, our site is viewable by anyone. However, only members can post. Still, the public at large can view everything we post.

What happened back in October 2011 is that we closed registration to the site. We no longer accepted new members. But people could still read the site.

I don't think we're too worried about a nutjob showing up to the meet in May, though. The location is remote and the property is protected by a guard dog (Mercedes).

nike001
04-05-2012, 07:20 PM
So what can we talk about in this special section?!

Extra extra secret stuffs?!

Like maybe Meric telling us about where he flies and maybe even a Canadian version of Area-51?:drevil

Marcus-SanDiego
04-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Whatever you guys want to talk about.

M3TA5IN
04-06-2012, 03:49 AM
So what can we talk about in this special section?!

Extra extra secret stuffs?!

Like maybe Meric telling us about where he flies and maybe even a Canadian version of Area-51?:drevil

:rofl

danewilson77
04-06-2012, 04:09 AM
I am moving some threads to the Members Only section. If I move something, that you want GenPop to see....just let me know....and I will move it back.

Additionally.....I will be taking requests for all other personal moves....so just let me know.

Thanks

~DW

kayger12
04-06-2012, 04:23 AM
^ Nice. I moved the general chat thread and the picture thread earlier.

johnrando
04-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Nice work Mark, Kieth, Dane. Additionally, I definitely feel better about posting pics in a non-public place... that's what I've never posted pics of my kids on the picture thread.