PDA

View Full Version : 2012 SIGFest Tools list: need/have...

Chad44
04-06-2012, 07:46 PM
I just thought with all the planned maintenance, we should get an idea of the expected tools to be available. Or what is needed by everyone.

MAINTENANCE INFO

Name - Maint Item

2. Whitexi - May do the cooling system again if not done before the trip, may also bring a window regulator for each door
3. Jayjay_dee - transmission fluid change and differential fluid too.
4. cakM3 - VANOS seals replacement and anti-rattle kit (could use some help ) / new coils-spark plugs / rolling fenders if available
5. static667 - REVISED 3/02/12: LCABs, tie rod ends, VANOS, and maybe a sunroof fix. BP will be doing some code work in there somewhere.
6. az3579 - Depending on what breaks between now and then
7: chad44- maybe clutch/flywheel upgrade or coil overs... Only time will tell.
8. yousharenow- Front LCAB's (wiill we have the tools to do this?), Fuel filter ,Micro filter, Brake Fluid Flush. Maybe a head cover gasket
9. Zell- New rotors on all 4/sandpaper brake pads to be flat (they're already basically new, no reason to buy new brake pads), entire cooling system, and if there is time, steering guibo.
10. Mtnman-BP has to recode my car for halogen lights as high beams. (oh yeah, bp, wanna help me?) also wrench for hire for vanos/lcabs/suspension/etc
11. rvariverguy - RTABs, computer flashing, small dent/paint repair?
12. joelshow - rear brake pads and rotors...if I bring the parts can someone help with the install?
13. iZHP - Sunroof shade, and a few other small fixes.

Tools available

1. Chad44: RTAB bushing removal/install kit
2. Fender Roller, 1 low profile jack, 1 regular jack, 2 jack stands, 2 Rhino ramps, and all my tools will be available. I additionally have my archaeic method for tranny and diff fluid changes (Tygon hoses and funnels). If someone wants to bring pump....that would be awesome. We will also need several jacks/jackstands, tool bags.

Sent from Tapatalk

danewilson77
04-07-2012, 07:30 AM
MAINTENANCE INFO

Name - Maint Item

2. Whitexi - May do the cooling system again if not done before the trip, may also bring a window regulator for each door
4. cakM3 - VANOS seals replacement and anti-rattle kit (could use some help ) / new coils-spark plugs / rolling fenders if available
5. static667 - REVISED 3/02/12: LCABs, tie rod ends, VANOS, and maybe a sunroof fix. BP will be doing some code work in there somewhere.
8. yousharenow- Front LCAB's (wiill we have the tools to do this?), Fuel filter ,Micro filter, Brake Fluid Flush. Maybe a head cover gasket
9. Zell- New rotors on all 4/sandpaper brake pads to be flat (they're already basically new, no reason to buy new brake pads), entire cooling system, and if there is time, steering guibo.
10. Mtnman-BP has to recode my car for halogen lights as high beams. (oh yeah, bp, wanna help me?) also wrench for hire for vanos/lcabs/suspension/etc
12. joelshow - rear brake pads and rotors...if I bring the parts can someone help with the install?

Tools available

1. Chad44: RTAB bushing removal/install kit
2. DW77 - Fender Roller, 1 low profile jack, 1 regular jack, 2 jack stands, 2 Rhino ramps, and all my tools will be available. I additionally have my archaeic method for tranny and diff fluid changes (Tygon hoses and funnels). If someone wants to bring pump....that would be awesome. We will also need several jacks/jackstands, tool bags.
3. BP - Coding capability.

Chad44
04-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Updated some of my tools...

MAINTENANCE INFO

Name - Maint Item

Tools available

1. Chad44: RTAB bushing removal/install kit, 4 low profile jacks(w/built in stand), 2 fluids pumps(one for trans, one for diff), brake system power bleeder w/ BMW adapter.
2. DW77 - Fender Roller, 1 low profile jack, 1 regular jack, 2 jack stands, 2 Rhino ramps, and all my tools will be available. We will also need several jacks/jackstands, tool bags.
3. BP - Coding capability.

Sent from Tapatalk

danewilson77
04-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Perfect Chad.

R0B
04-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I've got two tool bags full of stuff I've used to do anything and everything for my car I'll bring.

danewilson77
04-11-2012, 04:46 AM
I've got two tool bags full of stuff I've used to do anything and everything for my car I'll bring.

OK. Great.

Sent from SIGFest-2012, USA on HTC via TTv2

Chad44
05-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Bump! Don't forget to pack your tools everyone! Due to space confinement, I may only be able to bring 2 jacks, but I'm not planning to do any work anymore, so it should be okay.

Sent from Tapatalk

Chad44
05-14-2012, 08:54 PM
DW- did I read somewhere that you have a 46mm socket for doing the front wheel bearings? If so, I may actually do those while down there.

Sent from Tapatalk

danewilson77
05-15-2012, 06:11 AM
DW- did I read somewhere that you have a 46mm socket for doing the front wheel bearings? If so, I may actually do those while down there.

Sent from Tapatalk

I have the set and a large torque wrench.

Delivered from SIGFest USA

Newjack
05-15-2012, 06:26 AM
I'm going to bring my tool bag along with my torx bits and brake bleeder. I have a jack pad adapter from ECS as well.

jayjay_dee
05-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Dane, I have all the trans and diff fluids and trans filter came in today from ECS tuning. Im planning to pick up a fluid pump from the store tomorrow..

Do i really need loctite for the 16 bolts?

Is it okay to just bring jack stands?

Dont really have a lot of tools to offer...

Johnmadd
05-15-2012, 07:27 PM
I have a lot of tools available to all coming to the meet, ask and I will bring and if someone finds out they need something I may have but haven't brought already, my house is less than ten minutes from dw's and we can get it quickly.

Low profile jack with ecs adapter and pad
heavy duty jack
assorted jack stands
fuel pressure kit
big breaker bar with my huge "custom" extension
Compressor with assorted air tools
Mig welder
Torches

Much more hand tools than I could list and stuff I have modified to work on certain stuff.
Let me know what you guys need and im more than happy to share. :)

jayjay_dee
05-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Very nice offer John...

Also, just want to say i've been noticing the your sig pics lately, they are nice.. keep em coming...

danewilson77
05-16-2012, 05:56 AM
Dane, I have all the trans and diff fluids and trans filter came in today from ECS tuning. Im planning to pick up a fluid pump from the store tomorrow..

Do i really need loctite for the 16 bolts?

Is it okay to just bring jack stands?

Dont really have a lot of tools to offer...

I have loctite. Didn't the kit come with new bolts....pre-loctited?

jayjay_dee
05-16-2012, 07:43 AM
I have loctite. Didn't the kit come with new bolts....pre-loctited?

The kit ECS sells doesnt come with new bolts... should'nt be a problem if i use the same bolts, right?

danewilson77
05-16-2012, 09:21 AM
The kit ECS sells doesnt come with new bolts... should'nt be a problem if i use the same bolts, right?

Should be ok.

Sent from SIGFest USA

jayjay_dee
05-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Should be ok.

Thanks DW...

NC_ZHP
05-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi guys! I wanted to let everyone know that I am bringing my sewing stuff with me, so if anyone has any holes or tears in their alcantara, let me know. I will be there all weekend and am more than happy to fix it for you.

danewilson77
05-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Hi guys! I wanted to let everyone know that I am bringing my sewing stuff with me, so if anyone has any holes or tears in their alcantara, let me know. I will be there all weekend and am more than happy to fix it for you.

Sweet. Thanks Heather.

Sent from SIGFest USA

johnrando
05-17-2012, 05:41 AM

Very kind of you. Your hubby is one lucky man!

elric
05-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Very kind of you. Your hubby is one lucky man!

Yes .... Yes, I am!!

jayjay_dee
05-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Yes .... Yes, I am!!

:rofl

Stu
05-17-2012, 07:24 PM
I have:

15" 1/2"-drive Wobble Breaker Bar

Craftsman Universal Tool Set (will cover anything on the car basically), 3/8"-drive + wrenches

3x Wheel Chocks

8mm Hex Socket, 3/8"-drive (good for belts)

16mm 1/2" in. Deep Socket

T50 Torx Socket 3/8" (good for belts)

T25 Torx Socket 3/8" (good for removing pillars)

3/8"-drive 10-80 ft. lbs Torque Wrench (basically new)

2x Rhino Ramps (will be too high for ZHPs, but can be used with wheels on longitudinally-placed 2x4's)

Complete sunshade repair kit, inc. sunshade (parts for this can be purchased from me, but at a significant Mafia discount :) Or beer. Beer is a welcome trade.)

I have already done my entire cooling system, and I no longer plan on doing my steering guibo.

My only maintenance item is:

Change all four brake rotors, refinish brake pads by sanding on a glass surface with 140-grit sandpaper