PDA

View Full Version : Another HID Option Thread - DW77 Style

danewilson77
04-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Time for me to gather my thoughts on this. Needs to give car minimal downtime.

I want the install to be as easy as possible with minimal modding (Dremeling)

Can I use.....

http://shop.lightwerkz.net/Hella-EvoXR-Bixenon-Projectors-OEM

Or what about....

http://shop.lightwerkz.net/Acura-TSX-Projectors-D2S-OEM

Or would I need to go with an entire kit?

http://shop.lightwerkz.net/Complete-FXR-Bixenon-Projector-Retrofit-Kit-Stage-2

Would this site yield better options?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=141

Would I just be able to put them in and plug them up.

I know this has been asked.....but wanted to start my own thread. I need to do this soon.

Thanks for any and all advice.

nike001
04-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I've used TRS for a few items and the people there always helped me when I had any questions.

You shouldn't need anything other than a set of projectors and MAYBE a set of shrouds.

The choices for projectors though, is all yours.

danewilson77
04-07-2012, 06:08 PM
OK. So....the more expensive they are...the better? How do I know which to go with. Shrouds and HIDs aren't really all that much.

I suppose the problem is that they won't mount like the stock ones....correct? That's where the creative JB welding occurs? I was hoping not to do that.

nike001
04-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah you won't find projectors that will just mount up. Projectors that often provide wider and better output are much larger than our stock little ZKW projectors. You'll most definitely have to dremel and JB Weld some things in place.

I was going back and forth with LIGHTWERKZ about a potential group buy for us here.. apparently he's been busy and is trying to come up with something for us here, while figuring out what he can do to be a sponsor here in order for us to get a GB going. From the looks of this thread, it doesn't look like you'll be able to work with the down time that's involved in that process.

danewilson77
04-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks Nike.... Appreciate the input.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Johnmadd
04-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah you won't find projectors that will just mount up. Projectors that often provide wider and better output are much larger than our stock little ZKW projectors. You'll most definitely have to dremel and JB Weld some things in place.

I was going back and forth with LIGHTWERKZ about a potential group buy for us here.. apparently he's been busy and is trying to come up with something for us here, while figuring out what he can do to be a sponsor here in order for us to get a GB going. From the looks of this thread, it doesn't look like you'll be able to work with the down time that's involved in that process.

Let's get this done...please. I took my first peek at the reflector/bowl and sure enough it had visible burn through the direct area of the stock bulb. BAD FIND SUCK..Hehe.

derbo
04-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Our stock ZKWs are bi-xenons and I personally would go with another bi-xenon setup. IMO, the easiest setup for you would be to replace the ZKW with AL projectors and swapp the ZKW lenses over. This would provide the absolutely minimal downtime but it will also probably be the most expensive.

I did AL projector swap to minimize the downtime.

danewilson77
04-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Our stock ZKWs are bi-xenons and I personally would go with another bi-xenon setup. IMO, the easiest setup for you would be to replace the ZKW with AL projectors and swapp the ZKW lenses over. This would provide the absolutely minimal downtime but it will also probably be the most expensive.

I did AL projector swap to minimize the downtime.

Budget is $400

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Whitexi
04-08-2012, 04:42 AM
I love my FX-R's but sadly they aren't dead flat even and idk why. I leveled them with the housing like the depos and they are slightly off :/

I have to try and fix that but for now there still ZOMG BRIGHT!

derbo
04-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Fxr is the best output I've seen for decent price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ryankokesh
04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I have the FX-R's, but they're not installed yet. I haven't worked up the courage to dremel the crap outta my lights.