PDA

View Full Version : Khoalty LED Corners

AzkotikBMW
04-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Does anybody have these?

http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/lights/led-depo-coupe-m3-corner-lights.html

I'm looking into getting the Smoked LED corners for my car and wanted to see how they looked on the TiAg before I make a decision. Any pictures of examples would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

mLuMaN83
04-14-2012, 08:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeT7ysG3DSw

Personally I like the stock clear look. Alot of this stuff looks "modded" and on an e46 it looks kinda meh. Thats a personal opinion tho. I think ur car looks tops as it is.

yura
04-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Personally I like the stock clear look. Alot of this stuff looks "modded" and on an e46 it looks kinda meh. Thats a personal opinion tho. I think ur car looks tops as it is.

I feel the same way.

I've also heard of insurance companies (at least the local one here) denying coverage to people who had tinted tail lights and got rear ended. Their explanation was that the tinted lights decreased visibility, which contributed to the accident. I'd hate to have them use a similar excuse for the front signals and void insurance.

az3579
04-14-2012, 09:09 AM
I feel the same way.

I've also heard of insurance companies (at least the local one here) denying coverage to people who had tinted tail lights and got rear ended. Their explanation was that the tinted lights decreased visibility, which contributed to the accident. I'd hate to have them use a similar excuse for the front signals and void insurance.

That claim from an insurance company is BS. Wouldn't they have to prove that the smoked lights were at fault? After all, most of the smoked lights I've seen on E46's allowed more than enough light to be as effective as stock lights. I'd think that their theory could be disproven if one of the taillights survives the impact and they could test the light output...

Heck, even the blackest lights I've seen on E46's still allowed the vast majority of the light output to go through; I've never seen an E46 smoked light dim enough to not be visible enough to grab my attention.

Plus, most LEDs are advertised to be brighter than halogens. I don't know how true this is, as they seem almost the same brightness to me on aftermarket stuff. The only LEDs I've seen to be brighter than halogens are the OEM LED lights (versus aftermarket).

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but BS insurance company coverage denials tick me off. lol

About the LED corners; personally I like them very much. They don't look too obviously aftermarket, though you can tell they didn't come with the car from the factory. But, at the same time, I don't think it's overdone at all. I've installed a set on my car to see how it would look and it wasn't half bad. Those were clear; the smoked ones would look even better on mine, IMO.

On a TiAg car, I would choose the smoked ones for sure. Light output isn't going to be too different.

imola red zhp
06-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Advice or recommendations for type and color for clear corners on and IRZ...pics would be cool

danewilson77
06-07-2012, 01:36 PM
BUDGET and PRETTY GOOD
http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/lights.html

NON-BUDGET and the BEST
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-904-e46-facelift-sedan-2002-2005-euro-clear-lens-package.aspx
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Maintenance%20and%20Misc/1-24.jpg
/post

JupiterBMW
06-09-2012, 04:25 AM
Oooh Dane, thanks for the links. I too have been looking to upgrade to the Euro look and ditch the amber all around. That setup from Turner looks great. Now the question is to go with the black or titanium backed corner lights...

danewilson77
06-09-2012, 04:58 AM
Oooh Dane, thanks for the links. I too have been looking to upgrade to the Euro look and ditch the amber all around. That setup from Turner looks great. Now the question is to go with the black or titanium backed corner lights...

I like the ones in the pic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Johnmadd
06-09-2012, 07:14 PM
The other ones are nice also. :smile

JupiterBMW
06-10-2012, 04:18 AM
Yeah Dane, after looking at the car, the black outline ones seem to be what the car has stock, so that's what I'm going to go for... Now I have to ask the wife if I can order... :biggrin

danewilson77
06-10-2012, 04:21 AM
Yeah Dane, after looking at the car, the black outline ones seem to be what the car has stock, so that's what I'm going to go for... Now I have to ask the wife if I can order... :biggrin

Just Dhu eeeeet.

JupiterBMW
06-10-2012, 04:38 AM
Must locate some new reflector bowls first... And while I'm at it, I think I'm gonna locate some new lenses... And maybe some angel eyes... Do it all at once...

danewilson77
06-10-2012, 04:59 AM
Must locate some new reflector bowls first... And while I'm at it, I think I'm gonna locate some new lenses... And maybe some angel eyes... Do it all at once...

We have some very good lighting threads, that pure gonna wanna check out.