PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Products

nike001
04-14-2012, 07:51 PM
I have a buddy who has a honda civic si and he frequents his appropriate forum and he tells me about how all of those guys over there are always ranting and raving over the Zaino products.

I googled a bit but nothing concrete really showed up. It's a line I heard of, but I know nothing about how it works.. or how it is compared to other products.

Has anyone ever had experience with this stuff? Google results turned up pretty favorable..

GMATT
04-15-2012, 03:07 AM
I have been using Zaino for years. It is a polish, not a wax. easy on easy off. Any car I have used it on has had good paint to begin with, so if yours needs machine work, this may not be the best for you. Go to the Corvette forum or any of the Camaro forums, you will find a lot of info there.

You may also want to go to Zanio's website and look around.

My $02

M0nk3y
04-15-2012, 04:08 AM
IMO it's a ton of hype from the people that exclusively use it. It's okay, but I think its overpriced and there are better products on the market. Test it and test others...I feel that people use it...like it and overspeak of it.

Like I said...IMO

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

carsontl
04-15-2012, 04:32 AM
I am pretty happy with menzerna

nike001
04-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Alright, thanks guys. I had a feeling that it was mostly hype anyways.

I'm just in the search now to remove this weird splotchy cloudiness that's in my paint. Not really sure what it is, and it's hard to capture in a picture.

Au2bahn
04-15-2012, 08:52 AM
I agree with most. I used Zaino for years in the past thinking it was really good based on a quick polish. But since moving away from it since using a buffer years back, there are better products out there, Menzerna is one of them. It is all hype based on people who use them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

nike001
04-15-2012, 09:51 AM
What Menzerna products would the family recommend?

danewilson77
04-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Wash:
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss
2800 PSI Pressure Washer
2 Bucket Method
IronX

Clay:
Poorboys Clay
CG QD

Correction:
Makita 9227c
PC DA
M105
M205
LCC HydroPads

Protection:
Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Sealant
Dodo Juice Hardy Candy
Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub

Wheels:
Meguiars APC+
Poorboys Wheel Sealant
Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel

Exhaust:
Wheel Wax Metal Polish
Steel Wool #0000
Poorboys Wheel Sealant

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5799-M0nk3y-Detailed-2007-E86-M-Coupe

zhp43867
04-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Dalton- I have Menzerna polishes so whenever you come over you can try them out. M105 & 205 are Meguiar's polishes which I've heard are very good but haven't used personally (yet).

Zaino is not all hype. The company makes a good product that is in the top flight of detailing products. However, I don't feel it offers any advantages over products available from sponsors or that you may already have- if you are already have some top of the line products. I recently was looking into another round of changing up my LSP, and I almost went for it. We used to use Zaino back when it caught on- and when it really was some of the best stuff on the market (5+ years ago).

I think there are other products that equal its performance and are easier to put on- so I backed off. Have you tried the Klasse you have? It doesn't have the most pop- but it does very well and is very durable.

Zaino's paint protection, leather and tire products are very, very good, if a little obtuse to use (the paint stuff). I have some of their polish polish- and it is just okay.

Menzerna Power Lock is the new Menzerna LSP, which is supposed to be one of the best. Very easy to put on, great durability and shine. This (or Blackfire Wet Diamond) is what I'd go for if I ordered another traditional LSP. The old Menzerna sealant lineup- Full Molecular Jacket, High Gloss Acrylic Shield, and Finishing Glaze are great products that offer incredible slickness and a good shine, but don't last very long. I have them sitting on my shelf. High gloss acrylic shield is great for touch up.

Opti Seal is what I'm using right now because it doesn't stain trim and is very easy to put on. I use Optimum Car Wax to maintain the finish and improve the shine while I'm drying, and I'm pleased- not 100% sold however.

For those using Iron X btw- don't use it for every wash- just before prepping for a polish or if you have rail dust all over your car, etc.

Here's an M3 I was looking at buying this summer that had been maintained with Zaino pretty much since day one, man was it gorgeous! Also there leather care is matte and smells amazing! I hope the owner doesn't mind.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8804/img5554z.jpg

danewilson77
04-15-2012, 11:50 AM
I have Mezerna Super Finish, Power Gloss, and Super Intensive Polish

nike001
04-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Woah thanks for all the info Derek! Still looking forward to our detail session.

That M3 is freaking gorgeous! You just got your coupe didn't you? Why another switch up?

zhp43867
04-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Woah thanks for all the info Derek! Still looking forward to our detail session.

That M3 is freaking gorgeous! You just got your coupe didn't you? Why another switch up?

Was looking at buying. This was before I decided to buy another ZHP and scratched the M3 idea. No doubt the car is stunning though!