PDA

View Full Version : Khoalty Fog Lights experience?

328ioc
04-27-2012, 09:35 AM
So my Dad was recently in town visiting and while he was here he was driving my car, and as usual something broke. My he pulled up to my house and my drivers side Fog light was hanging out of the bottom of the bumper and it was totally destroyed.

So as much as I want to put only OEM parts on my car I really do not want to spend over $100.00 for just one fog light which leads me to look else where.

The best looking option I have found it these:

http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/lights/e46-oem-fog-lights.html

I know it says they are "OEM" but does any one know if they are actually OEM or just OEM style? And can anyone speak to the fit and finish?

Thanks guys.

danewilson77
04-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Mmm...I would think those are DEPO's. Another option for you....is I got the DEPO ///M3 fogs off Amazon at a pretty good price. MAt wanna check it out.

Hermes
04-27-2012, 09:51 AM
They are OEM style, should fit fine

danewilson77
04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
They are OEM style, should fit fine

+1....yeah....fit would be fine.

328ioc
04-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Awesome thanks guys. Might have to give the 3500k bulbs a try to since they are only 8 bucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Pip
04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Everyone else with actual experience can comment as well, but you might want to put lamin-x film on the lights to help from cracking. I'm not quite sure how it helps other than providing a layer in case your car takes a rock to the face. I came out one morning and realized mine (OEM) was cracked - most likely from a rock or something :(

328ioc
04-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah I plan on doing lamin-x on the fogs and my new headlight covers to stop them from fogging.

johnrando
04-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah I plan on doing lamin-x on the fogs and my new headlight covers to stop them from fogging.

Aren't fog lights supposed to fog, hence the name? :shifty

Hermes
04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
are your original bulbs still working? I wouldn't waste the money on the bulbs if yours are fine since the color won't be that much different

I don't think it will help with that, it will just protect them from pitting

nike001
04-27-2012, 01:42 PM
OP, I have these fogs and I'm happy with them. They're a bit heavier than OEM, and I didn't notice any DEPO markings on them. They seemed a bit more solid than the OEM ones (which I thought was good)

I have had yellow lamin-x on them also with 0 complaints.

danewilson77
04-27-2012, 02:38 PM
I put yellow Lamin-x on mainly to preserve the lenses.

Sent from SIGFest 2012

nike001
04-27-2012, 03:17 PM
^I did the same

328ioc
04-27-2012, 03:31 PM
are your original bulbs still working? I wouldn't waste the money on the bulbs if yours are fine since the color won't be that much different

I don't think it will help with that, it will just protect them from pitting

One bulb still works and the other has some scratches from hitting the ground but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

And I also figure that if the Lamin-x doesn't stop the fogging I can then just pull it off and the actual lenses should be good.

328ioc
04-27-2012, 03:32 PM
OP, I have these fogs and I'm happy with them. They're a bit heavier than OEM, and I didn't notice any DEPO markings on them. They seemed a bit more solid than the OEM ones (which I thought was good)

I have had yellow lamin-x on them also with 0 complaints.

Sold. Plus I am going with clean lamin-x and yellow bulbs incase I don't like the yellow.

quikryptonite
05-13-2015, 06:47 AM
Have any of your guys bought these replacement bulbs from Khoalty? They seem to be awfully cheap. I don't want to buy them and have them go out after a year.

E46 Halogen Bulbs (http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-halogen-bulbs.html)

Cadeez
05-13-2015, 10:20 AM
Have any of your guys bought these replacement bulbs from Khoalty? They seem to be awfully cheap. I don't want to buy them and have them go out after a year.

I've never purchased the halogen ones, but I did get a set of the HID ones which are equally as cheap...and they are complete crap. Out of the box one was bad, lit up for a minute or so then went off. Tried switching sides, same deal, so I returned them for a refund. Could've just been a faulty bulb, but in my opinion, you get what you pay for. Also, stock HID's for the headlights should be 4300k right? These were 6000k and they weren't even as bright. Personally, I would stay away from Khoalty, but that's just me

FL116
05-13-2015, 11:18 AM

I have been thinking about getting these but that price tag seems way to low. I have seen the same bulbs for around $30 or something elsewhere. Im just holding off until I can get factory Xenons or possibly get the Depo projectors