PDA

View Full Version : BSW Soundplicity - iPod Integration System

quikryptonite
05-07-2012, 10:35 AM
I came across this little product while doing some research about what kind of iPod integration kit I want to purchase. I am not very happy with the way my DICE kit screwed up my general module. I hear good things about the SPEC USA kit, but it doesn't seem to allow you full control of the iPod (only allows select playlists).

This item from BSW sounds like a great item. No frills, no text display, just plug and play. All I want is to have my ipod plugged in, controlled by the steering wheel and get charged. This sounds perfect. Is there anyone on the forum that has this item or knows anything about it not listed in the product description?

BSW Soundplicity (http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product/724/282/BSW-Soundplicity-BMW-iPod--iPhone-Integration-Kit/)

Hochspannung
05-07-2012, 12:51 PM
in the video the guy says that this is a DICE media bridge?

Hochspannung
05-07-2012, 12:57 PM
oh wait.. maybe I'm getting confused. The car in the video has a DICE media bridge and this BSW soundplicity i think lol?

spencers
05-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Dunno about this product, but my USA Spec does all that. And what do you mean by playlist only? I can play anything from my iPhone through my USA Spec. Pandora, videos, youtube, music, anything. And I can control next/prev, ffwd/rwd from the deck or steering wheel. And it charges. :scratchinghead

quikryptonite
05-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Dunno about this product, but my USA Spec does all that. And what do you mean by playlist only? I can play anything from my iPhone through my USA Spec. Pandora, videos, youtube, music, anything. And I can control next/prev, ffwd/rwd from the deck or steering wheel. And it charges. :scratchinghead

I think I must have gotten the PA12 confused with something else. Oops. :facepalm

Do you have the model with text display? I guess now it comes down to whether or not I want to pay $60 more dollars to have text display...

quikryptonite
05-07-2012, 01:59 PM
in the video the guy says that this is a DICE media bridge?

Not really sure why they have the video of the DICE product on that page. Rather confusing.

spencers
05-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I think I must have gotten the PA12 confused with something else. Oops. :facepalm

Do you have the model with text display? I guess now it comes down to whether or not I want to pay $60 more dollars to have text display...

I do have text display, but I have the feature turned off. I don't care to have the silly artist or track name scrolling. It's annoying.

ryankokesh
05-07-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm considering the mediabridge... looks like a good solution.

UdubBadger
05-07-2012, 05:56 PM
^ y not just transfer your dynavin in?

ryankokesh
05-08-2012, 03:17 AM
Selling it with the xi...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UdubBadger
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
you know you can change that right? it hasn't sold yet...

quikryptonite
05-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I just ordered the Soundplicity. I had a little e-mail correspondence with Halston and was very impressed. I'll let y'all know how the installation goes and what the sound quality is like. I am going to be so excited to have my iPod back up and running in my car.

ryankokesh
05-09-2012, 12:53 PM
you know you can change that right? it hasn't sold yet...

Lol, yeah, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quikryptonite
05-18-2012, 05:34 PM
I got the Soundplicity in the mail this week and installed it tonight. It literally took me about five minutes to have music pumping through my speakers from my iPod via the Soundplicity. The previously installed DICE unit was totally screwing up my general module and wouldn't even work. It took me longer to pull the old wires out from the DICE than it did to get the new unit installed.

It will start to play whatever is currently selected on your iPod. You can set the iPod to shuffle the songs within the playlist or play them in sequential order from the settings menu on the iPod. It will also play the first five playlists on your iPod by hitting the buttons 2-6 on the radio. I have simply set up 5 playlists and labeled them BMW 1 - BMW 5. The steering wheel controls work fabulously as well as the radio controls.

Right now, it is just sitting in my trunk; I might wire it up to the glove box soon for a little more ease of access.

The only cons (very minor in my opinion) you can’t return to the original playlist you were listening to after selecting one of the five playlists. Also, there is no text displayed on the head unit, but I really don’t care about that.

Definitely enthusiastic 2 thumbs up so far from Quik after the initial use. I’ll see how it holds up over the next little while.

sna77
05-19-2012, 08:30 AM
does it lock you out of the iPod while connected? i.e can you browse songs on the iPod while connected? Or will it only play playlists?

thx

quikryptonite
05-23-2012, 07:37 AM
I haven't tried to control it from the iPod itself yet. I will check that out and get back to you. Also, you can't browse the iPod via the radio unit. The numbers on your radio unit (1-6) correspond to the first playlists listed on your iPod. I simply created some new playlists and called them BMW 2 - BMW 6. Button number one doesn't really do anything.

quikryptonite
05-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Here is a video from the guys at BSW:
Soundplicity (https://vimeo.com/31216746)

danewilson77
05-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Ridiculous question I know. Flame suit standing by. Does this also work with Droid phones?

quikryptonite
05-25-2012, 10:22 AM
I think at this time, the Soundplicity is only set up for iPod or iPhone.

danewilson77
05-25-2012, 10:47 AM
I think at this time, the Soundplicity is only set up for iPod or iPhone.

Ok. Thanks.

Sent from a Thunderbolt

quikryptonite
09-19-2012, 07:23 AM
does it lock you out of the iPod while connected? i.e can you browse songs on the iPod while connected? Or will it only play playlists?

thx

Sorry, I thought I had answered this. I will do so now. Once the car is started and the iPod is connected you have full control of the iPod. Right now mine is located in the trunk, but there is plenty of cable to have the iPod in the center console or glove box if you're interested in running the cable. It would be really nice to have it accessible in the front of the car to control the iPod but I've been too lazy to set it up right now.

So far, I have no complaints with the product. It works great.

velocity_b
10-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey guys...
I ordered soundplicity and installed it yesterday.
As mentioned before installation is a snap.
I ran the ipod cable from the trunk along the drivers side trim, under the drivers seat, to the center console(they have videos that illustrate this).
I switched out my cup holders for a eurobin which is where my ipod is housed. The rear of the eurobin already has an opening so the cable fits right through.
All in all a clean set up.

Sound quality is great.
It charges your ipod.
You can control track up and down via the steering wheel.
I have oem navigation in my car and I cannot use the 2-6 buttons to select playlists(Not sure why but not a big deal since I have the ipod at my fingertips anyway).
The only other oddities are sometimes it doesn't pause my ipod when I turn off the car and an unusual mechanical/disc seeking sound. It happens when I turn the radio off and turn it back on or while using the mode button to go back and forth to fm. I have found that if the sound occurs you can get rid of it by using the mode button a couple more times.

All in all though I think its great and addresses all of the major issues I was concerned with: clean sound, charges the ipod, track & volume up and down via the steering wheel.

johnrando
10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks for update!

quikryptonite
03-24-2016, 08:11 AM
It looks like they are discontinuing the SoundPlicity III and they are $150 off right now in the clearance section of BavSounds website. Integrate your iPhone, Android, iPod, USB media stick, satellite radio, and Bluetooth music streaming hands-free calling into your BMW all with one incredible plug and play device that works with your existing electronics and radio.

Check it out if you need an audio solution for your car:

SoundPlicity III $247 (https://bavsoundclearance.com/products/soundplicity-control-iii-bmw-smartphone-and-bluetooth-integration-kit)